Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally am posting that review I was talking about, but imovie is taking ****ing forever to upload to youtube, once its done probably tomorrow I'll post it in here. Its not like other reviews showing off the features like everyone else but more about what we talk about on here. The Pros and Cons about the figure, I guess its a video for anyone that is on the fence about this figure.

Finally am posting that review I was talking about, but imovie is taking ****ing forever to upload to youtube, once its done probably tomorrow I'll post it in here. Its not like other reviews showing off the features like everyone else but more about what we talk about on here. The Pros and Cons about the figure, I guess its a video for anyone that is on the fence about this figure.

I know I was one to call him Chromocop but I never really believed it. Silver, yes, but what are you gonna do? I think it does cause the faceplate to stand out a bit more though. Nice straightforward review man.

I know I was one to call him Chromocop but I never really believed it. Silver, yes, but what are you gonna do? I think it does cause the faceplate to stand out a bit more though. Nice straightforward review man.

Thanks Riggs that means a lot to me man, coming from you cause you were really critical about the figure. I'm a very optimistic guy but don't want to sound like a reviewer that got this figure for free, I love it but someone buying or thinking about buying it should know all the things that are wrong with it too. Once again thank you Riggs :duff

Well, I do love the character and my critique of the paint sort of spawned from disappointment. There's no doubt in my mind that if he had been that gunmetal metallic color I would be signing hot toys praises till the end of time. He is very accurate aside from that.

Thanks Riggs that means a lot to me man, coming from you cause you were really critical about the figure. I'm a very optimistic guy but don't want to sound like a reviewer that got this figure for free, I love it but someone buying or thinking about buying it should know all the things that are wrong with it too. Once again thank you Riggs :duff

I second the great review sentiment...Here's a few more pics of the FOTY!!!
20141211_230859.jpg

20141211_223423.jpg

This figure looks amazing (aside from colour scheme but what are you gonna do – been discussed), I can only imaging how crazy the Battle Damaged version will be. Hot Toys (for me) has always been the realism in the head sculpt everything else is a very close second (ie cloths detail and tailoring). I didn’t pull the trigger with the regular release but BD Robocop is my most anticipated figure for 2015!

I didn’t pull the trigger with the regular release but BD Robocop is my most anticipated figure for 2015!

I'm seriously looking forward to that one. Even if he has the silver paint it may just be too good to go without. Guess we'll see.

Can't say I agree with you on the color, PC, but I respect your opinion. It's up to the individual collector whether or not it's bothersome and if so, to what extent.

It's nice to see you doing YouTube reviews again. You were out of 1/6 collecting and reviewing, but it's like you're revisiting your roots, huh?

I'm seriously looking forward to that one. Even if he has the silver paint it may just be too good to go without. Guess we'll see.

You probably won't even notice the paint with all of that BD. And that Weller head! :yess:

Can't say I agree with you on the color, PC, but I respect your opinion. It's up to the individual collector whether or not it's bothersome and if so, to what extent.

It's nice to see you doing YouTube reviews again. You were out of 1/6 collecting and reviewing, but it's like you're revisiting your roots, huh?

You probably won't even notice the paint with all of that BD. And that Weller head! :yess:

Yeah I know, I'll be the first to admit now that I gave the color a pass, but yeah it doesn't bother me too much. I agree that like Riggs said people should be disappointed but ultimately to me its still a good figure. I mean looking back there is footage of it practically lighting up the room in the dark :lol so its like damn well I can't really defend it now :lol

I hope you get to own a Robocop and its a shame that the color is holding you back, but I start to agree with your sentiments the more I kinda think about it. BD Robo does have a lot of bullet holes and damages so I hope it covers a lot of the armor.

This figure looks amazing (aside from colour scheme but what are you gonna do – been discussed), I can only imaging how crazy the Battle Damaged version will be. Hot Toys (for me) has always been the realism in the head sculpt everything else is a very close second (ie cloths detail and tailoring). I didn’t pull the trigger with the regular release but BD Robocop is my most anticipated figure for 2015!

Yeah with clean Robo you can't just like rely on the headsculpt because its covered mostly by the helmet but with the BD its a full reveal so it might be its saving grace.

Yeah I know, I'll be the first to admit now that I gave the color a pass, but yeah it doesn't bother me too much. I agree that like Riggs said people should be disappointed but ultimately to me its still a good figure. I mean looking back there is footage of it practically lighting up the room in the dark :lol so its like damn well I can't really defend it now :lol

Wai, what? You've turned too? That's it, RoboCop's paint job now has no steadfast defenders. Light your torches and grab your pitchforks everyone! Howard's five houses are doomed! :mwaha

TorchGang_thumb.jpg

Anyone else recently ordered Robo from Sideshow? I just called and it seems like it's gonna be a couple weeks before they are in stock...

Wai, what? You've turned too? That's it, RoboCop's paint job now has no steadfast defenders. Light your torches and grab your pitchforks everyone! Howard's five houses are doomed! :mwaha

View attachment 151479

I didn't say I didn't love the figure though, and I still love the paint job nor does it bother me. :lol but the video shows it in the dark and you can still see the figure! Watching that part again recently I'm just like :slap about it.:lol and it was raining outside! I sound so wishy washy now. ugh.
Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 12.28.56 PM.jpg
The proof is in the pudding :lol

I didn't say I didn't love the figure though, and I still love the paint job nor does it bother me. :lol but the video shows it in the dark and you can still see the figure! Watching that part again recently I'm just like :slap about it.:lol and it was raining outside! I sound so wishy washy now. ugh.
View attachment 151481
The proof is in the pudding :lol

I think most of us who own it love it despite the paint, while others don't care one way or the other. Very few Robo fans have outright rejected the figure, at least here, because of it.

Anyone else recently ordered Robo from Sideshow? I just called and it seems like it's gonna be a couple weeks before they are in stock...

It must be the fourth or so shipment then.

i havent been collecting that long, but i cant recall this happening with other figures

Is it cause of the boats shipping this and the so called dock protests? You are right no other figure seems to being doing this, and it could also be causing all the delays with the SS orders, Snake, R2D2 etc.

Back