Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - RoboCop: 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Does anyone actually want sound effects? I mean, really? You'd expect voice clips in a £20 toy, not a collectible that costs ten times as much. It's just gimmicky nonsense

Yup, and it'll undoubtedly be playing through a 10c piezoelectric speaker, so it doesn't even sound half decent.

This and diecast. Gimmicky nonsense.

Yup, and it'll undoubtedly be playing through a 10c piezoelectric speaker, so it doesn't even sound half decent.

This and diecast. Gimmicky nonsense.

Nonsense to us, but perfect sense to toy makers as excuses to raise the price by the hundred. ;)

Re: Hot Toys RoboCop: 1/6th scale Collectible

****ing diecast.

Chintzy sound effects.

Really? All because of the idiots who go "oh, wow, it's so nice and heavy - that's quality you know!". Yeah, so nice and heavy when it falls over it'll take out every glass shelf on the way down.

A pox on the morons who think diecast is great, and a pox on HT for catering to their demented whims.

Does that leave anyone in doubt as to my opinions on diecast?

Great looking figure though! Really liking the look of this a LOT! Damned diecast ruins it though.

Well said :clap i hope this die cast phase ends soon. As soon as the figures start coming out and the complaints start i think they'll drop it.

I also think that chair looks way too fragile to support a heavy die cast figure long term

The price would be the deciding factor for me, personally, though the target release date is enough to save some $$$ for this. I think this Robocop really looks great. There might be a real BD version that I'm sure would rock, but this would be enough for me to represent the icon that is Robocop, die-cast or not.

I wish they stopped at die-cast, though, even if I think that this would look as great with standard plastic given a good paintjob that's HT standard anyway. The rest of the features are things we don't need -- sounds and costly remote system, and would only up the price for sure.

Last edited:

Does anyone actually want sound effects? I mean, really? You'd expect voice clips in a £20 toy, not a collectible that costs ten times as much. It's just gimmicky nonsense

:dunno

Another pointless complaints... guess what ? You don't have to use it...

I guess his point was that it's a feature that only a few would likely use that HT could have done away with it and just give this figure a lower price?

I guess his point was that it's a feature that only a few would likely use that HT could have done away with it and just give this figure a lower price?

That doesn't make any sense, specially when people say it's a "cheap" gimmick... if it's that "cheap" it won't affect the price... :lol

After the first run through, hardly anyone will use it. I can almost guarantee it will have exceedingly limited volume, and it will sound thin, and like it's being spoken from inside a tin can.

I'll be glad to be proven wrong, but I bet I'm not.

Edit: Oh, and you've got to have holes, for the sound. Where are they going to put them that doesn't detract from the figure? Why would I want a cheap gimmick that detracts from my figure anyway?

That doesn't make any sense, specially when people say it's a "cheap" gimmick... if it's that "cheap" it won't affect the price... :lol

Hehehehe. Well played, brother. This hobby indeed is full of ironies (and die-cast metals), yeah? :lol

I think that means it's a cheap gimmick for them to install but provides them an excuse to charge more

I don't know what to say about this really.. :lol

I've been HANGING for this figure announcement - hanging. I was thinking to myself - finally, a new release on the way with hopefully all the bases covered. It's not what I've been hoping for though to be honest..

In short - I think Mr Walker's said it all pretty much. For me - the die-cast thing is a cool idea when incorporated tastefully, but it seems they're going to town with it now - & it adds to the cost unnecessarily. That said - I just got the Tamashii 3PO, but I bet if it was plastic, it wouldn't have cost me $330. :lol

Sound effects - WHY?????????? :slap :gah: :cuckoo:

Stupid idea.

Stupid.

Idea.

Disappointing that they couldn't deliver a Weller sculpt on top of all that.

It's awesome to see all this newness - but.. it's bittersweet. :huh :(

I just hope there's another one coming WITH the Weller face, & no sound effects. Yeah.. :lol

Last edited:
HT Robocop 2006 vs 2013

Robocop2006vs2013.jpg

Robocop2006vs2013_PA.jpg

I have just one thing to say :

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

WOW! Looks fantastic! But more Die-Cast?! Darn it!!!

Gotta think this one over..... May have to cave and buy it! Maybe.....

:clap

Back