Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about caving and buying one of those long hair HS. That thing is simply stunning in all of these photos! :clap

Great pics!
Smile and wave boys! Smile and wave...

images

I got a spare body for my Widow custom in the mail today, along with a stand, boots and a jumpsuit(Which i cut in half with a pair of scissors...).
I know the look i have achieved is not true to Widow's exact look when they arrive on the Helicarrier(I have yet to pick up a cheap Widow belt and hip holster), and the jeans are not dark enough.
I couldn't find what looked to me like a decent enough black leather jacket for Widow, so i decided i was going to pick up a jumpsuit and chop the top off for USE as a leather jacket. I don't think it looks too bad. Opinions are welcomed.
But it will do just now to stand next to my Helicarrier Cap and "Boxing ring briefing" Nick Fury.
Oh, and i have yet to get a decent look for her hair(I got the head sent in a jiffy bag, so i will have to work it a bit).
Till then, here are some images:

IMG_3784.jpg~original

IMG_3785.jpg~original

IMG_3787.jpg~original

IMG_3788.jpg~original

IMG_3790.jpg~original

IMG_3792.jpg~original

Sweet! Is that a phicen? I was maybe looking into getting one for female custom down the road..

No. It's an Avengers Widow body. After seeing some of the "loosely clothed" version on here, and also the high praise for the new body, i decided to not go cheap on the Widow custom.
I got it from a US part-out site, and also the suit and base.
I have a generic female body on the way, but i reckon i will stick with this one for widow.
They are starting to get a bit expensive now, but i paid $60 for the Avengers Widow body.
I was able to trade a custom hollowed out TFA Cap mask for the head, so the Widow custom is about $120 in parts, not counting the head.
I have a bootleg Renner head coming in the post, and will be doing a "Seeing off Thor and Loki" Hawkeye custom when i get that. I haven't started compiling parts, but i seem to recall Hawkeye was wearing a red shirt and a leather jacket with a grey hoodie underneath. I will be able to get fairly close i reckon.
I also have a Coulson bootled head on the way. I am not sure exactly, but i have plans for a decidedly *un-Coulson-like* custom. I am searching for costumes that will work.

Yes I must say your two are getting fully loaded! More detolfs=more figures=more win!:lol Just bought my first 2 detolfs last week,too bad I have nowhere to put em just yet. I did put my first one together for my parents though,that was a ***** to do by myself. I almost hate detolfs already because of it:lol

Yes I must say your two are getting fully loaded! More detolfs=more figures=more win!:lol Just bought my first 2 detolfs last week,too bad I have nowhere to put em just yet. I did put my first one together for my parents though,that was a ***** to do by myself. I almost hate detolfs already because of it:lol

There are a couple of tricks to assembling one. I use two ful lighting systems in each one, so I assemble the base and top, on the metal frames without the glass first. Then I sinstall the lighting and THEN add the glass.
Just a silly way to do it, but it made building mine easier.
I might try and pick up two at the weekend if I can get to the local ikea.

Hey what lighting system do you recommend? I hear I should use a certain type of bulb as so not to fade the figures. I know im getting light but dont know where to begin. Thanks

I got a spare body for my Widow custom in the mail today, along with a stand, boots and a jumpsuit(Which i cut in half with a pair of scissors...).
I know the look i have achieved is not true to Widow's exact look when they arrive on the Helicarrier(I have yet to pick up a cheap Widow belt and hip holster), and the jeans are not dark enough.
I couldn't find what looked to me like a decent enough black leather jacket for Widow, so i decided i was going to pick up a jumpsuit and chop the top off for USE as a leather jacket. I don't think it looks too bad. Opinions are welcomed.
But it will do just now to stand next to my Helicarrier Cap and "Boxing ring briefing" Nick Fury.
Oh, and i have yet to get a decent look for her hair(I got the head sent in a jiffy bag, so i will have to work it a bit).
Till then, here are some images:

IMG_3784.jpg~original

IMG_3785.jpg~original

IMG_3787.jpg~original

IMG_3788.jpg~original

IMG_3790.jpg~original

IMG_3792.jpg~original

Love the customs, great job on the widow User :clap, I have all the clothes I need to go that direction, except I' ll need to dig up a jacket.

Love the customs, great job on the widow User :clap, I have all the clothes I need to go that direction, except I' ll need to dig up a jacket.

Thanks. I'm sure with your experience in this type of thing, you'll know where to look for a tight fitting female leather jacket. The only thing I could think of was the top of the jump suit.
If you find something better, let me know.
And remember to post pics.

Okay thanks for the idea for a custom User. Here is my bad attempt to recreate the movie scene..Yeah I know it's not even close to movie accuracy, but it's the best fitting clothing for her. :slap :gah:

I chose this top because it's more form fitting

Now another weak attempt at the interrogation part 2! Still not pleased, I like the gloves so I'm going with them, even though she didn't wear them in the actual scene.

Back