Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Widow is a very nice addition (still waiting on my Thor-- flexpay-- and of course the big angry Green Guy).

Got my Black Widow in & she looks awesome. I'm very impressed. If you're careful with her elbow joint movements & arm positions then you can get some pretty good poses w/o her arms looking too awkward because of the double joints. Her face is very impressive & it's a pretty close Scarlett likeness to me. I did mix some gunmetal paint with a little bit of silver & painted her bracelets (left the blue & black "panels" as they were though) -- I think it looks so much better & really pops. Was not a fan of her bracelets being so matte black & almost blending in with the rest of her costume.

The hair needs some definite work though, it's very flat but I'm so afraid to mess with it too much. I got an extra Widow head off ebay for $50 -- I really want to see what can be done regarding a sculpted hair piece.

I'm really impressed with my new BW, although she's a tad bit skinny. I wonder if she'll edge out HT Dark Knight Rises Catwoman for female figure of the year. Cat Woman also looks amazing from what i've seen so far.

DSCN0869.jpg

DSCN0803.jpg

DSCN0859.jpg

DSCN0824.jpg

DSCN0796.jpg

Awesome pics! You got her hair to look good too.

IDK if she'll bet out Catwoman though... providing that she shows up looking the sane as the promos.

I haven't seen anyone say this yet but am I the only one that thinks she lost some points in the likeness dept. from proto to production?

Who? Cat Woman or BW?

Widow :lol We didn't get Catwoman yet :wink1:

I don't know if the fact that no one has really got her hair as good as the protos has something to do with it but there is a definite difference. Her eyes aren't the same has the proto (which brought out more of her likeness) but there is something else that's changed; maybe the shape of her face???

well the promos always good good with everything... well most of the time anyway :lol

yep the eyes do look a little different than tho promo pics. Its kind of hard to tell but if BBTS would hurry up and sell me one then I could have a better look :lol

are u getting Cat Woman too?

Oh yea! I'm all over Ms. Kyle. The only things I passed on out of all the Avengers and Bats stuff were Fury, Gordon & the camo Tumbler. Oh yea and as cool as that Bat is gonna be I'd have to start ditching furniture to find room for it :lol

Oh yea! I'm all over Ms. Kyle. The only things I passed on out of all the Avengers and Bats stuff were Fury, Gordon & the camo Tumbler. Oh yea and as cool as that Bat is gonna be I'd have to start ditching furniture to find room for it :lol

hahahaa nice!

I caved and PO'd an IM from BBTS and im thinking of doing the same for CW. And im thinking of getting a Batman too... yep here comes one of those $1000+ months I hear people talk about :lol

Back