Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
body is definitely the wrong type. scarjo is plump. i can understand if ht want to make her skinnier because apparently some male idiots still think skinnier = sexier. but i, for one, think scarjo's plump-ness is just sexy enough. so boo with this downsizing.

To call other dudes idiots because their preference of thinking skinnier is sexier is flat out lame. Who is to say your preference, the next guy's or even my own, on how the female body type should be is the best way? Just because they don't have your point of view, they're idiots? FAIL :rotfl SMH.

To call other dudes idiots because their preference of thinking skinnier is sexier is flat out lame. Who is to say your preference, the next guy's or even my own, on how the female body type should be is the best way? Just because they don't have your point of view, they're idiots? FAIL :rotfl SMH.

skinnier is sexier, if, and only IF we're talking about a really fat girl. and fatter is sexier if we're talking about an anorexic. we live in a health conscious culture today, so both extremes are just sad to look at.

but dudes who change a perfectly fine plump girl and make her skinnier just because they thought 'less plump' means sexier... they are idiots, yes. that's just my opinion. feel free to disagree.

Well, I was looking forward to sculpted hair, but the rooted hair comes off pretty well here. Very nice job. As for her slimmer upper body, I'll think of it as a result of the workout she got in the film. Plus running from Hulk after she steals some of his hummus at Shawarma.

skinnier is sexier, if, and only IF we're talking about a really fat girl. and fatter is sexier if we're talking about an anorexic. we live in a health conscious culture today, so both extremes are just sad to look at.

but dudes who change a perfectly fine plump girl and make her skinnier just because they thought 'less plump' means sexier... they are idiots, yes. that's just my opinion. feel free to disagree.

Not fat, just not a lot of muscle tone

As far as the rooted hair debate goes, Yeah, I think the promo pics of it looks great but my question is does it look like that when you get it home?

I'd be all for it if it looked like the promo pics and stayed that way when you get it home. I don't know how to style hair nor do I want to so If I'm going to have to fight with the hair everytime I pose her then it's just not worth it for me. I'd rather have it sculpted and be done with it.

But that's just my opinion. :)

Poor Scarlett--all these people think she's plump???

She's slimmer now than she was two years ago! And she was never "plump" to begin with!

I don't even know why I'm responding to all the crazy going on in this thread, lol....

Scarlett is not "plump". She's voluptuous. Good god people, there is a difference. "Voluptuous" means having a wider bone structure (particularly in the shoulders and pelvis) and packing more adipose tissue over muscle. Wide hips, curvy waist, the works. "Plump" is Mrs. Santa.

I do think the likeness is a bit off, but strangely enough she actually looks more like Black Widow to me than Scarlett Johansson (not that she made a bad BW). The face has a sharper edge to it - just makes her look even more tough. I probably won't be getting her, but she's awesome.

Oh and, real hair rocks. It never restricts head movement, and you can style it to correspond to the action pose.

Gonna be mature? Man, did you come to the wrong place? :pfft:

Lol true.

Poor Scarlett--all these people think she's plump???

She's slimmer now than she was two years ago! And she was never "plump" to begin with!

I don't even know why I'm responding to all the crazy going on in this thread, lol....

Plump, skinny, or voluptuous, i'd take her either way.:drool Either way i'm pretty sure she'd turn us all down in record time.

As far as the rooted hair debate goes, Yeah, I think the promo pics of it looks great but my question is does it look like that when you get it home?

I'd be all for it if it looked like the promo pics and stayed that way when you get it home. I don't know how to style hair nor do I want to so If I'm going to have to fight with the hair everytime I pose her then it's just not worth it for me. I'd rather have it sculpted and be done with it.

But that's just my opinion. :)

:exactly:I'm still buying it but I share your concerns.

Scarlett is not "plump". She's voluptuous. Good god people, there is a difference. "Voluptuous" means having a wider bone structure (particularly in the shoulders and pelvis) and packing more adipose tissue over muscle. Wide hips, curvy waist, the works. "Plump" is Mrs. Santa.

I do think the likeness is a bit off, but strangely enough she actually looks more like Black Widow to me than Scarlett Johansson (not that she made a bad BW). The face has a sharper edge to it - just makes her look even more tough. I probably won't be getting her, but she's awesome.

Oh and, real hair rocks. It never restricts head movement, and you can style it to correspond to the action pose.

Voluptuous is another word for fat. I dare you to walk up to a girl and call her that. You'll get slapped. End of. :)

Voluptuous is another word for fat. I dare you to walk up to a girl and call her that. You'll get slapped. End of. :)

If she slaps me, she's an idiot and needs to lern2englsh. Granted, I would never call a girl voluptuous. I might call a woman that.

Voluptuous (of a woman): curvaceous and sexually attractive. From the Oxford American Dictionary. ETA: This woman was the definition of voluptuous.

Last edited:
Back