Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't mind if she had a little more pudge on her, but I''m sure they'll want to use this truetype for other female figures, so going with the skinnier side is probably more beneficial to them.

Catwoman! Leia!!! :panic: :pray:

sigh...:dunno

As much as love this hobby, the people here can be just flat out :cuckoo: with the complaints and nitpicking...

:lol

:exactly:

I'm buying this no matter what! Personally, I think this figure is STUNNING! Kudos again to HT for making my addiction WORSE! :yess:

sigh...:dunno

As much as love this hobby, the people here can be just flat out :cuckoo: with the complaints and nitpicking...

:lol

In my experience, collectors of any sort are the same. No matter what you collect, there will ALWAYS be nitpickers.

Re: Hot Toys-MMS-The Avengers:Black Widow

576560_10150870536752344_852005818_n.jpg

522660_10150870538757344_2024795159_n.jpg

428483_10150870536812344_967473231_n.jpg

The first BW sucked but I have to say this one looks really good. Not crazy about it having rooted hair because you know it won't look like that when you get it, But the face looks alot better than the first one.

Wow, she looks fantastic, might even be the best likeness so far, IMO.

What's the issue with the rooted hair, btw (not referring to anyone in particular, just those that don't like it)? If you're not fiddling with it all the time, doesn't it stay put? With a short haircut like hers, doesn't seem like it should be a problem and it looks better than sculpted to me.

:)

I think it looks more natural with rooted hair and able for you to style it.

When was this is IM2?

scarlett-johansson-black-widow-avengers-catsuit-fake-hq-hd.jpg

:D
^ deleted scene from iron ____ 2

:rotfl

Wow! Pretty spot on!

^That gif is cracking me up.

anyway ...
Ordered 2 BW. One will be another custom agent.
you know,
I am thinking Hot Toys now has most of the materials for a Maria Hill. Too bad they have so many other priority commitments.

I hate iron man 2 almost as much as I hate avengers which is not quite as much as i hate Scarlett johansson but let me tell you even I want this figure. Holy ____! Anyone complaining is crazy

ooo looks like ht got the expression balance between pissed off and blank high just right.

i wonder how much the suit will hinder the lack of movement.

face is... good enough. could be better. the hair though, i thought since it's shorter that they would go with sculpted do. it's been proven again and again(to me, at least), that barbie hair on 1/6 is never convincing. on 1/4 it could work, but for 1/6 it's the wrong scale to apply nylon hair to. some would say it gives off a doll-like vibe, i say it looks like a bad wig.

body is definitely the wrong type. scarjo is plump. i can understand if ht want to make her skinnier because apparently some male idiots still think skinnier = sexier. but i, for one, think scarjo's plump-ness is just sexy enough. so boo with this downsizing.

clothing/zipper. just like the ht's 1st attempt, the material used is much too thick. compare the fig to the pics of the real thing and it becomes much too obvious. this might not matter to some, since they're taking her clothes off anyway once they got her, but to me the wrong size/material of the costume just kills off the realism of a ht piece and replaces it with toy-like vibe. that's the standard now: realism. it's not mere wishful thinking or nitpicking anymore. that's the standard that ht have set for themselves, and have reached it many times over. bw falls below it.

392535_10150870590587344_1630566462_n.jpg

20120329023414!Black_Widow_Avengers_03.jpg

pre-ordered. Thought about ordering 2 for a Maria Hill custom, but I was able to control my addiction for now.

I do hope hot toys releases a True Type Female body with a Cobie Smulder likeness. I would so love to do a How I met your mother bash. j/k.

People at Hot Toys who are reading this forum are probably saying, "WTF??? These guys are so picky! Let's see them do better!!" :gah:

Preordered - will look great w/ my Hawkeye!!!

clothing/zipper. just like the ht's 1st attempt, the material used is much too thick. compare the fig to the pics of the real thing and it becomes much too obvious. this might not matter to some, since they're taking her clothes off anyway once they got her[...]

*chokes on drink* omg................ :snake

Back