Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*chokes on drink* omg................ :snake
what, you're paying $170 and you're not even taking her clothes off? that is not right.

Scarlett is not "plump". She's voluptuous. Good god people, there is a difference. "Voluptuous" means having a wider bone structure (particularly in the shoulders and pelvis) and packing more adipose tissue over muscle. Wide hips, curvy waist, the works. "Plump" is Mrs. Santa.
semantics. by that rationale you could say mrs. santa has "wider bone structure" as well. you can be plump and voluptuous. mrs. santa is plump, scarjo is plump. not all plump people share the same waist size.

pre-ordered. Thought about ordering 2 for a Maria Hill custom, but I was able to control my addiction for now.

I do hope hot toys releases a True Type Female body with a Cobie Smulder likeness. I would so love to do a How I met your mother bash. j/k.

"True Type Female body with a Cobie Smulders likeness"
Great idea. :hi5:

This is an expensive figure.....doll? I think sculpted hair might have made me feel better about ordering this as a grown man. Still on fence. Headscult is awesome

Well, I ordered her last night. Guess we will see what she looks like out of the box. God... I hope she looks good. :pray:

Can we use our reward points at SS for the BW purchase, or is that item excluded from using points? I have some points/dollars I want to use and they don't show.

Well, I ordered it last night without hesitation. Sculpted hair would have been my preference as this will be my first 1:6 scale female figure with rooted hair, so we will see how it turns out.

But rooted hair would not alter my perception of figures, or figure collecting. As a part of the SUPERMAN section of our collection we have the BARBIE & KEN SR figures and we are very pleased to have them as a pair. They both have rooted hair.

Would some people consider them 'dolls' in the traditional sense? Well, perhaps so.

Did it stop us from buying them? Absolutely not.

Same with this fine figure.

Can we use our reward points at SS for the BW purchase, or is that item excluded from using points? I have some points/dollars I want to use and they don't show.

I tried but could not, and I tried both regular and FLEXPAY approaches. Shame as that would have been $35 that have just matured for me to use on it.

Last edited:
I tried but could not, and I tried both regular and FLEXPAY approaches. Shame as that would have been $35 that have just matured for me to use on it.

Damn, so I guess it's a restricted item to use points on? :monkey2 I guess I'll PO anyway, just wanted to save some $.

Overall a definite pre order for me but say...I don't see any pictures of her butt, hope it is the same as the teaser picture.
The butt is important to the overall look of Black Widow...

I think the first version (which I have) looks too much like a generic barbie, but this one is much better. I don't think people realize how hard it is to sculpt females, and there is one huge reason MAKEUP. Sure male actors have makeup on, but its to cover up blemishes and not wrinkles and facial texture. So when sculpting they can get those textures down to exactly what we see on the screen so the figures can look dead on! with females they have so much makeup/coverup on that their faces are too smooth there is no texture/wrinkles to distinguish the face like with men, I am guessing it also makes getting the face shape a little more difficult. Eyes, nose and lips are the key but I don't think females will ever look dead on some some of the male sculpts :( Well at least until technology gets so advanced that computers can make the scuplt perfectly based on photo/video input. Who knows maybe in 10 years!

There are a lot of people in the world who look very similar. Actors/actresses are no exception.

Haven't you ever had someone say to you, "You look just like someone I know", or, "You seriously have a twin running around somewhere?"

Totally! Case in point: People are always mistaking me for Dwayne Johnson until they look up and see that our faces actually look nothing alike.

206047_452313268126117_1848267917_n.jpg

Back