Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the pics, I've gotta go with Hulk. Those other figures are fine by the way, don't get me wrong. They just aren't anything special to me, or dramatically different than what HT have done before. It's more the costume design more than anything else though. Hot Toys does the characters justice, but Hawkeye's some guy wearing a vest with a bow and arrow. That Cap suit was uninspired to say the least. Thor is a minor variation of the previous version but without the distinctive helmet. Fury is SLJ wearing a trench coat. Iron Man is extremely derivative in himself but he still looks really good and will pop on the shelf IMO.

I can't disagree with any of that :goodpost:

I just got Coulson a week or so ago and have already forgotten about him, to show how exciting he is :lol

:lol Well, he is Coulson after all! Not like he was lighting the big screen on fire.

Based on the pics, I've gotta go with Hulk. Those other figures are fine by the way, don't get me wrong. They just aren't anything special to me, or dramatically different than what HT have done before. It's more the costume design more than anything else though. Hot Toys does the characters justice, but Hawkeye's some guy wearing a vest with a bow and arrow. That Cap suit was uninspired to say the least. Thor is a minor variation of the previous version but without the distinctive helmet. Fury is SLJ wearing a trench coat. Iron Man is extremely derivative in himself but he still looks really good and will pop on the shelf IMO.

Boy you're very hard to please, or maybe not an Avengers fan? Before starting the Avengers line, I have Reeve Superman, Captain America TFA, and both Batman and Joker 1989. True Fury just has a trenchcoat. But it's a spot on likeness, comes with the light up case and need him to complete team. Hawkeye not so great sculpt, but comes with great accessories. Not to mention may not get another of him. Fury and Hawk were limited and poseability are one of the best out of the group. Thor isn't a minor variation. Better headsculpt, more muscular, better detailed outfit and accessories, and my first Thor, posing sucks though as is Cap. Gotta have Cap for Avengers. Best sculpt to date. Masked, not other one, doesn't resemble Evans. Not to mention I want to treat Cap like others treat IM. BW vast improvement over IM2 version, different body etc, and is my first female figure. Good poses. And Coulson, was in most of the Marvel films, perfect sculpt, lots of accessories, light up cannon, Avengers file, Capt America cards, ID badge, good pose ability.

Boy you're very hard to please, or maybe not an Avengers fan? Before starting the Avengers line, I have Reeve Superman, Captain America TFA, and both Batman and Joker 1989. True Fury just has a trenchcoat. But it's a spot on likeness, comes with the light up case and need him to complete team. Hawkeye not so great sculpt, but comes with great accessories. Not to mention may not get another of him. Fury and Hawk were limited and poseability are one of the best out of the group. Thor isn't a minor variation. Better headsculpt, more muscular, better detailed outfit and accessories, and my first Thor, posing sucks though as is Cap. Gotta have Cap for Avengers. Best sculpt to date. Masked, not other one, doesn't resemble Evans. Not to mention I want to treat Cap like others treat IM. BW vast improvement over IM2 version, different body etc, and is my first female figure. Good poses. And Coulson, was in most of the Marvel films, perfect sculpt, lots of accessories, light up cannon, Avengers file, Capt America cards, ID badge, good pose ability.
I'm an Avengers fan, but I am probably hard to please considering I've probably had over 100 different Hot Toys figures at one point or another, so I know what they are capable of, and I know what makes for a hum-drum figure. It does seem like you have your own criticisms of these figures, though. One thing I'll take issue with in your post is Thor's sculpt. The earlier one had a better Hemsworth likeness IMO, but the hair was crappier, and the whole figure was hamstrung by the lame sleeves. Put on the helmet, use the Avengers sleeves, and that's a Thor worth displaying (which I do).

Widow's hair was the deal-breaker for me. Same with Catwoman.

I only found out about this figure today (haven't been keeping up with Hot Toys news in a long time) and it's killing me how expensive he is on Ebay. Hawkeye was my fav. Avenger.

I only found out about this figure today (haven't been keeping up with Hot Toys news in a long time) and it's killing me how expensive he is on Ebay. Hawkeye was my fav. Avenger.

You ain't kidding, he's going for a lot on eBay - why is that? I didn't think he would be that costly...

I did not pre order hawkeye. Though i liked the movie character, I thought the proto pics showed an average figure. When the figure came trickling down in hobby shops, i got one just to secure it knowing that hot toys probably wont make a lot based on the cold reception from collectors. And he's no bruce wayne or tony stark.

When i opened the box and got the figure out, thats when i know how special it is. The 3 or more different materials combined just to make the vest alone made me smile. And then there were the accesories too.

So yeah, this figure rocks

Personally I had zero interest in this figure, until I saw OMG's photos. Those pictures 1000% sold me on him and after looking at them, I had to have a Hawkeye. He really is an awesome, very well detailed figure.

Personally I had zero interest in this figure, until I saw OMG's photos. Those pictures 1000% sold me on him and after looking at them, I had to have a Hawkeye. He really is an awesome, very well detailed figure.

It is a good figure, and I really had no interest in him, but purchased only because he was part of the team.

Have you seen the prices he's going for now?

Had this guy and sold him before it skyrocketed in price. I wasn't planing on completing the Avengers but changed my mind once I got BW.

I'm hopping they make another version of Hawkeye, maybe him in his black attire since that's what he wore for the majority of the movie. Oh and with the blue eyes!

I preordered Hawkeye when it first came out. Then a few months later, cancelled it because I thought I wouldn't collect any of the Avengers. After I got Nick Fury in an unexpected deal, I was so impressed with the quality of Nick Fury that I was determined to get Hawkeye again but most places were already sold out.

I watched BBTS like a hawk (no pun intended), and checked almost hourly even during work hours just to see if anyone's preorder would drop. After about 2 months, the patience paid off and one became available. I have not regret this purchase ever since.

This is a true sleeper HT figure and that is prized in my collection. The quiver detail is insane.

Ha I posted all of my Avengers figures on Ebay and this figure was the most sought after figure and got the most inquiries about. People are desperate to complete their Avengers set. Anyways I sold him and got more that what I paid for him. I honestly think Jeremy Renner's head sculpt was the most accurate one out of all of the other figure imo.

Ha I posted all of my Avengers figures on Ebay and this figure was the most sought after figure and got the most inquiries about. People are desperate to complete their Avengers set. Anyways I sold him and got more that what I paid for him. I honestly think Jeremy Renner's head sculpt was the most accurate one out of all of the other figure imo.

I have to agree, Renner's sculpt was incredibly well done. :goodpost:

I think Coulson was best.
Thor, Fury, Loki and Widow are all honourable mentions. With Senor Antonio Starkio coming dead last.
We are just waiting on Banner.

IMG_4712.jpg

Thor, Fury, Loki and Widow are all honourable mentions. With Senor Antonio Starkio coming dead last.

IMG_4712.jpg

Coulson's sculpt is amazing, but I guess I was only talking about the main six Avengers and not Fury, Loki, or Coulson.

IMG_4712.jpg

After seeing the knock off Ruffalo HS, I'm sure the HT version will be amazing! I just hope they release it BEFORE 2015! :pray:

Back