Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just have patience and wait for avengers 2. I sure you can buy this hawkeye when people start unloading this figure at a more reasonable price

That's what im waiting for and it doesn't happen then whatever. Im not gonna be held hostage just to complete a set. 500+ for this fig is ridiculous. :mad:

Agreed. Unless Ht is reading this thread, there probably won't be another hawkeye until avengers 2.
Or if Marvel does a twist and adds hawkeye into the upcoming films, this figure is set to be rare within these two years...
I wouldn't mind HT making an exclusive evil hawkeye when loki converted him...
Pistol accessories, eye scanner, bows.. Man the options!

Being a newbie to 1/6 collecting(I started back in march) I noticed the smaller characters, if you can call them that. Hawkeye, Nick Fury, are going for a ton of money on ebay and amazon. From what I hear it's cause HT didn't make as many as the others. Is this true? The only one I was able to get was Loki.

Even if there is a Hawkeye in Avengers 2, I still think this figure will hold some value, at least double. Collectors need this figure to complete the first Avengers team.

Being a newbie to 1/6 collecting(I started back in march) I noticed the smaller characters, if you can call them that. Hawkeye, Nick Fury, are going for a ton of money on ebay and amazon. From what I hear it's cause HT didn't make as many as the others. Is this true? The only one I was able to get was Loki.

This appears to be the case. However, no official production numbers have ever been released to my knowledge. :dunno

The dangling quiver on his back looked silly and an eye sore :mad: And I bet the little fabric that holds the quiver won't last for long either.

I did a little mod and it looks a hell lot better.

HWKEYE1.jpg~original

Bought a tube of earth magnets and chose the ones which are flat and also big enough to attract. So I used the 10mm x 10mm with a width of 2mm for the mod. :yess:

Looks a lot better than without the mod, you don't have to cut anything. Just slide and attract, simple yet effective!

HWKEYEMOD.jpg~original

The dangling quiver on his back looked silly and an eye sore :mad: And I bet the little fabric that holds the quiver won't last for long either.

I did a little mod and it looks a hell lot better.

Bought a tube of earth magnets and chose the ones which are flat and also big enough to attract. So I used the 10mm x 10mm with a width of 2mm for the mod. :yess:

Looks a lot better than without the mod, you don't have to cut anything. Just slide and attract, simple yet effective!

Clever.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5723394&postcount=4236
:lol

Username is our resident customizer, know-how, fix-it up man around here. If there is a way something can be improved upon, remastered, or displayed, he definitely has all of the wits to figure it out. Pay attention to his posts and you'll definitely learn some things. :wink1:

I only added tape because I didn't want to alter the thing permanently.
And as I used two magnets, I wouldn't have been able to hold them both on to attach them!

Slotting the magnets into the quiver would work as well since the quiver itself is quite hollow and the strength of earth magnets allows them to "stick" without actually touching.

Each has their own ways of doing things I suppose, I would love to keep the original aesthetics of the quiver without doing much to it though :lol

Back