Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
usually one to two coats , I find the second one goes darker. - with mine I put a little of the Tamiya ( smoke) weathering powder over some of the ridges to make it blend in a little better . Great job on the spraying , that looks really professional considering you haven't done it before. I m debating whether or not I put a few silver scrapes and scratches on the panties -- that's it im not calling them panties anymore its too weird -- im calling it the Groin Armour

I think depends on the seller , but from what others are saying MK6 seems to be more expensive , I thought along with some other people it was MK7 & The new iron man ones that were in more demand. at the end of the day its a 300 figure that seems to have doubled in price . Probably because of the Avengers Movie has helped increase its price. Who knows maybe in a few years it worth double that .

I have a mark iv that needs repainting. Are you using an spraygun?
Hobby airbrush ;)
usually one to two coats , I find the second one goes darker. - with mine I put a little of the Tamiya ( smoke) weathering powder over some of the ridges to make it blend in a little better . Great job on the spraying , that looks really professional considering you haven't done it before. I m debating whether or not I put a few silver scrapes and scratches on the panties -- that's it im not calling them panties anymore its too weird -- im calling it the Groin Armour

Thanks for the compliment :hi5:

That's pretty nifty what you did with the weathering powder. Only 2 of my figs needed to be done but I opted to do a preemptive coat on my Mark IV as well.

Played around with mk 6 today , tweaked some areas that needed some tweaks and totally redid the "panties" this time ensuring a more smooth coat . Touched up some areas that were scratched a little. Changed over the batteries -- ( talk about expensive ) 4.00 for each battery , -- 3 batteries in each light -- !! now he looks crisper with my touch ups. I purchased him secondhand , so he needed some extra TLC. Now I am happy with how he looks . Once im happy with his touch ups etc , I will display him in my cabinet. So far im loving it ---- a lot more than the Mk 7 i used to own for some reason.

Sprayed the panties with a can of Tamiya Gloss Clear Red

994326_657298594292312_1349417324_n.jpg

Not really sure where to ask, but seeing as the MK VI is still popular, any idea on what price it's asking? Decided to get rid of my remaining armors and have no idea on price.
wZOBgyv.jpg

Not really sure where to ask, but seeing as the MK VI is still popular, any idea on what price it's asking? Decided to get rid of my remaining armors and have no idea on price.
wZOBgyv.jpg

I think $400-$500 is the range...? could check ebay's sold listing for more accurate prices

Next year I'm making it a priority to get this figure. I love the BD parts for this.

I've got a Mark VI on the way next week but not the IM2 version, I've owned that already and always thought it felt really flimsy. The version I've got on the way is The Avengers version (can't believe I passed on it when Sideshow had it up for PO, if that was now there's no way I'd pass on it) my desire was to have all 3 of the more limited recent Ironman figures in my collection (The Avengers Mark VI, the BD Mark VII & Midas)

Back