Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a Mark VI on the way next week but not the IM2 version, I've owned that already and always thought it felt really flimsy. The version I've got on the way is The Avengers version (can't believe I passed on it when Sideshow had it up for PO, if that was now there's no way I'd pass on it) my desire was to have all 3 of the more limited recent Ironman figures in my collection (The Avengers Mark VI, the BD Mark VII & Midas)

Nice score. Nothing wrong with the Promo Mark 6. I just traded for a Mark 4 and I'm excited about that.

So do you have all 3 now?

I love the mk vi, but the price of the Avengers version is so not worth it. For about two hundred dollars less you get more and it's the same exact figure just a different box and stand, that's it. Still want one though

Chev, do you have the original release of the MK II? I'm just curious as to how that figure looks. I have the MK II AU and thought about maybe getting or trading for the original version.

It's pretty skinny, proportions are better on the AU version.

Chev, do you have the original release of the MK II? I'm just curious as to how that figure looks. I have the MK II AU and thought about maybe getting or trading for the original version.

No, I only have Mark 7 and Mark 7 BD with Midas on the way, and Mark 4 on the way too.

I just decided recently to collect Iron Man figures, so I'll be catching up for awhile. I heard AU is much better than the original version.

No, I only have Mark 7 and Mark 7 BD with Midas on the way, and Mark 4 on the way too.

I just decided recently to collect Iron Man figures, so I'll be catching up for awhile. I heard AU is much better than the original version.

Ok, thanks. Was just wondering. Yeah, the MK II AU is a great figure. It is the completionist in me when inquiring about the older pieces. Thanks again!

Would any hobby airbrush do? Can you give me a link to a decent one please?

I'm not fluent in airbrushing I just bought a cheap single action airbrush off eBay. You'll also need propellant, acetone, paint, and some other supplies for your work space. :)

Ok, thanks. Was just wondering. Yeah, the MK II AU is a great figure. It is the completionist in me when inquiring about the older pieces. Thanks again!

MWCToys reviews go quite a way back on figures and there is one for the original Mk II.. however it has one of the early RDJ head sculpts, which are now looking rather dated.
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_050409b.htm

MWCToys reviews go quite a way back on figures and there is one for the original Mk II.. however it has one of the early RDJ head sculpts, which are now looking rather dated.
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_050409b.htm

Thanks. Even though it is outdated sculpt wise, I keep finding myself considering this figure, even though I have the MK II AU version. Something about it, I guess. Thanks for the link!

Can the neck from the Mark VII fit on the Mark VI body? If so, anybody got pics with the faceplate down??

I've not got any pics with the faceplate down, but i have pics of my MKVII head and neck on the VI.
It's a tight fit(The rear of the MKVII neck sticks out a bit more than the VI neck does), but it will go on there:

null_zps6c8ce93a.jpg

null_zpsdc403cd9.jpg

null_zpscfac3bfc.jpg

That's good news Barry. Do you think you could post pics of it with the faceplate down? I wanna make sure it looks good as the stock Mark VI head looks bad IMO

That's good news Barry. Do you think you could post pics of it with the faceplate down? I wanna make sure it looks good as the stock Mark VI head looks bad IMO

Maybe you are thinking of the MKVII helmet?
The donor piece i used for this is the MKIV/VI helmet that comes with the armour test Tony but with a MKVII neck joint.
It looks exactly the same as the other MKIV and MKVI helmets with the faceplate down, but it's more poseable:

CB0FFDBD-1033-441F-92D8-0792BFED76CB_1.jpg

E634C102-358B-4107-B020-8820CD973B26.jpg

89A93472-EFC3-46BA-BE78-30A82C9C3B35.jpg

034D602E-7AF9-4CB9-BC59-BB5767F5F6FD.jpg

Back