Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn't checked the prices on ebay for this one, as I didn't think of picking it up until this announcement. But I'm sure it's quite high.

I wasn't too fond of the original body but being the last one done, I took a shot at adding it to my collection. But I was too slow on the draw...

Did anyone even got a distress message?

I wrote sideshow and here was their response:

QUOTE: Dear Valued Collector,

We are contacting you regarding the Hot Toys 12”Guardian Predator (item#900992) distressed offer to update you on the status of this item.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill your order because this distressed stock was offered on a first come first serve basis, and was reserved prior upon receiving your request.
We appreciate your response and be sure to keep up with our newsletter for more distressed offers!

Best regards,
SSC"

How could it have been sold out?

I hadn't checked the prices on ebay for this one, as I didn't think of picking it up until this announcement. But I'm sure it's quite high.

I wasn't too fond of the original body but being the last one done, I took a shot at adding it to my collection. But I was too slow on the draw...

Yeah ebay your looking at 400 or so.I have him and its not worth that price.He is awesome to look at ,but the p1 is cooler looking to me.A new classic would run around 200 and for that price you can buy 2.

Did anyone even got a distress message?

I wrote sideshow and here was their response:

QUOTE: Dear Valued Collector,

We are contacting you regarding the Hot Toys 12”Guardian Predator (item#900992) distressed offer to update you on the status of this item.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill your order because this distressed stock was offered on a first come first serve basis, and was reserved prior upon receiving your request.
We appreciate your response and be sure to keep up with our newsletter for more distressed offers!

Best regards,
SSC"

How could it have been sold out?

I got this message couple of days ago. The amount was only one I believe.

I got this message couple of days ago. The amount was only one I believe.

You got that message a couple of days ago? :horror But I received the following message on Wednesday, and the newsletter was yesterday. How could they answer that before? :dunno

Dear Predator Collector,

We wanted to personally contact you in regard to your reservation for the 12"Guardian Predator (item#900992). We do not have a new item to offer, however we will have some damaged pieces that will be available through our newsletter tomorrow!

If you are the type of collector that doesn’t mind a few minor paint flaws, chips, box damage etc, then we suggest that you are quick to reply when the items become available through the newsletter. We will have low quantities of these pieces available, so be sure that you are signed up for our newsletter! If you aren’t, click on the link below and sign up today!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=17669&ref=newsletter-header

Please keep in mind in regards to distressed items; it is a first come first serve basis. We do not allow any discounts, coupons, or rewards points to be applied to the order, and we do not offer FlexPay. More information on these items and the type of distress will be available with the launch of our newsletter tomorrow.

Once again if you are interested, the only way to place an order for these items would be directly through the newsletter.

Feel free to contact me for any further questions.
Have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Destiny Thatcher
Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles

Code:
This s what I got last night maybe a couple of hours after placing the order.

Dear Valued Collector,
_
We are contacting you regarding the 12”Guardian Predator (item#900992) distressed offer to update you on the status of this item.
_
_
_
Best regards,

Lottie Kanama
Inventory_Coordinator

You got that message a couple of days ago? :horror But I received the following message on Wednesday, and the newsletter was yesterday. How could they answer that before? :dunno

I am sorry I read the wrong email. No, I didn't get that message.

I am sorry I read the wrong email. No, I didn't get that message.

Ok, I was finding it weird that they would send that message before the newsletter :pfft:.

As for the message from Sideshow that I posted, it was sent only to people that have Guardian Predator on wait list.

I sent an email about it to and got one back today that I didn't get it :( would have been nice if they had more than one.

I wonder if we'll see it on eBay soon for a higher price :rolleyes: . I hope instead that whomever got it will actually keep it.

waiting for this pred to be delivered but think i heard horrific news:gah: he sent it by DHL global mail and not int airmail as stated:dunno.Looks like its now my xmas pressy by the time that services delivers:(.
Actually i have no idea about dhl globalmail but i never see it offered anywhere and beings the postage was free im not expecting ems type service.The wait for a hot toys pred always goes on longer for me than any other figures i order:impatient:,i have him on waitlist but kind of given up now:pray:

Back