Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some odd reason, I don't think HT made the battery compartment on Sam's back big enough on every piece. For many It was a tight fit. On mine, I couldn't even close it with the batteries in. I ended up finding some batteries that were the same voltage but just a hair thinner and they work just fine. Plus, I was able to close it. It's possible you might have battery issues on Sam because they are cramped.

Hey Replicant, I seem to be a little out of the loop, you have a Tron tabletop game? Are they still available? Sounds awesome!

It's old school. You'll have to go to eBay to get it. I believe it was released around the time of the movie. It's cool if you like these sort of things and of course TRON. I've had it since I was a kid.

Ordered one of these today from SS, just look so cool and am a fan of the film.

Now just the wait for it to get to the UK!

Thanks, I was umming and ahhing over it for the last month or so, it ain't cheap but it's such a nice bike and I think the sculpt is pretty good, couldn't find any local ones to buy (at least not for any reasonable price) so it's off to SS, only sucky element is waiting now:p

Dr,
Congrats! The 1/6 lightcycle is my one and only piece from Sideshow. I was never interested in any piece until this one came along and it felt wrong not having it in my Tron: Legacy collection. You are going to absolutely love it!

You just answered your own question there...

Don't see how. One could also say, "this is my first figure from hot toys" which would mean that his/her first HT figure

nothing to argue/debate over though, just want to make sure the buyer knows what they bought is all :) :peace

Last edited:
Don't see how. One could also say, "this is my first figure from hot toys" which would mean that his/her first HT figure

nothing to argue/debate over though, just want to make sure the buyer knows what they bought is all :) :peace

For sure. I wasn't arguing.
Logic says that Hot toys are the only company making one, but SS sells them.
So when someone states it's the only thing they ever bought from Sideshow, logic would tell us that this is not a product made by Sideshow, but one sold by them...
:rotfl

Funny thing is I had a feeling I should have said HT instead, but I did buy it from Sideshow which encompasses any and everything discussed on this forum. It's the ONLY sideshow as well as Hot Toys piece ive bought. (and yes, I know it's made by HT)

I'm going back to tinkering with identity discs now, haha

My Tron light cycle arrived today by Fedex, can't wait to get home and check it out. Pretty quick delivery all up which I'm happy about, was out the door in 24 and in my hot little hands in the UK in under a week.

And here are some pics.

Overall thoughts - very cool piece. Look awesome lit up. I had no trouble with any LEDs and everything was pretty much spot on, other than the helmeted head being a total beyartch to get on, but got there in the end.

The one thing I just wish is that it had mains power, because the lights look so cool I'd love to run them for a few hours each night, but suspect battery life ain't grand overall, anyone tried out how long the batteries last?

All in all, very nice piece, just wish I had the real thing;)

4aze6QM.jpg

AUzVAmY.jpg

Awesome. Haven't turned mine on in months. Wish there was a way to make it run off AC.

Nice pics Dr. Lexus!

The batteries for the body and bike last a good while and for the head even longer. When I first got it I had them on for a good 2-3 hours a night on weekends and only changed the batteries this past January (for only the body and bike) when I noticed that the lights weren't so bright. Switched to new batteries and good as new.
Awesome. Haven't turned mine on in months. Wish there was a way to make it run off AC.

I second that kl241. I haven't turned mine n in months either. I wish it at least had one switch to work all the lights.

I'd suggest turning the lights on at least once a month. A member here had one of the batteries in the body pop and said that he didn't turn on the lights on his for months as well. Don't want to spoil a $300 piece just b/c you didn't want to flip some switches

Thanks Gipetto, that actually sounds alright, think will just need to pay some rechargeable batteries.

Back