Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not even opened mine so didnt know he was handicapped lol
I just realized I am going to try to see if I can get that head onto the spin master Sam body. That might be the best compromise unless I find the Bugatti bike to put him on in a leather outfit :p

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

I have not even opened mine so didnt know he was handicapped lol
I just realized I am going to try to see if I can get that head onto the spin master Sam body. That might be the best compromise unless I find the Bugatti bike to put him on in a leather outfit :p

Ducati maybe?
Bugatti make cars, lol.

2008-Ducati-SportClassic-1000Bipostoa-tourdelans1.jpg

As for The Red Skull, the original sculpt is great, i just prefer more neck movement. And i had three spare Schmidt heads, so i didn't mind risking one.

Oh ouch right Ducati. I thought it sounded strange lol.
3!!! Going to mod it into a LOTR or Matrix figure??

I do love matrix and would get into that line if there are quality pieces out there but really shouldnt do it so no customs to create a new line lol. To enhance but not to solely rely on ;). TDK, IM, SW, Tron, Terminator is bad enough as it is

I do love matrix and would get into that line if there are quality pieces out there but really shouldnt do it so no customs to create a new line lol. To enhance but not to solely rely on ;). TDK, IM, SW, Tron, Terminator is bad enough as it is

There are sellers on eBay selling full Neo costumes and there is a good head sculpt available.
And with the Schmidt head sculpt, all you'd need is a suit and glasses to make Smith.

turns out the Sam HS is not a solid piece with the neck afterall. The neck is still plugged in so I was able to remove the whole thing easily. Now only problem is the Spinmaster Sam Head is solid piece with the body :slap so there goes that idea :p

Actually at first I thought it be a nightmare but in reality it wasn't so bad and I did it while very sleepy lol
Remove screw to remove front side of the helmet which has a bit of glue adhering it to the chin armour
Unscrew the top back screws to be able to pry apart the upper body to pull out the projecting faceplate tube thing. I just unscrewed that from the led board and left the board inside the body so not to short anything to retain the speech and light feature. The chin piece is separate so I just squeezed the HS in there and it's holding fine for now. Screwed it back together. The upper body may have difficulty to snap back together as the screw posts are slightly misaligned so just shift the front and back body parts a little to get them to realign and snap back together. The helmet back has some plastic sticking out for attaching the faceplate so that was the only parts I had to cut away completely to allow the head to sit flush against it. I was too lazy and tires to use the Dremel so I just hacked away at it piece by piece with a small wire cutter. And voila. Surprised how decent it looks lol. Oh I jumped the HS into the chin frame so I am sure the contact points are scratched but I didn't want to bother modding that piece but you could. Oh I pulled the neck out of the HS as it was out already prior to this so not sure if that is a must or not :p

It's been over two months and I still haven't opened mine due to not wanting to display it out in the open due to collecting dust on it. :(

I think I found a temporary solution to my display conundrum. I have the eFX X-wing studio scale and it has a large area under the acrylic top so I'm just gonna "cross-movie" display it in there with the X-wing until I can get a case for it.

I was doing some dusting and I noticed that the cover on the Sam figure was missing. Turns out one of the batteries popped. I'm currently looking for the cover but I have no idea how this happened since I haven't even turned it on in months.

I was doing some dusting and I noticed that the cover on the Sam figure was missing. Turns out one of the batteries popped. I'm currently looking for the cover but I have no idea how this happened since I haven't even turned it on in months.

I'm no expert on electronics at all but that might of been the problem. I've heard many times that members only use the batteries to check to see if the lights work then take them out to avoid trouble with batteries

Yeah, I remove the batteries from anything I'm not always using. My TRON tabletop game doesn't have the batteries in right now.

Back