Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be great to power the bike by AC. The only thing to keep in mind is matching the voltage correctly. It might be necessary to solder the wires to a rectifier if the amps from the AC are more than are used by the lights. You have to be careful otherwise you could permanently blow them out. It's risky but can be done. Just be careful otherwise your can derez your cycle.

Time to revive this thread since mine finally came out to play ..

photodec12002133.jpg

Wish I could kitbash Sam but that neck is bend backwards so much I don't think its possible. Also this is the one piece that needs to be AC powered most badly!!! Also HT really cheapened out on the motor design which is nice looking but so distractingly loud. Other then these annoyances that I have to find a way to work around its awesome!!!! :D. Going to try something with acrylic and LEDs and hopefully that works out for my display idea

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

I felt the same way about Sam's neck. Really sucked that they didn't make it in a way that we could place it on a different body; would love to have had a Sam from the first few scenes of the film.

I wonder if one could deemed the neck so far back to insert one of the plugs from a TT and then pop it on a separate neck!!
But Tron stuff not being lit up just isn't Tron :p. tumbler, batpod, IM, I can live with but Tron??!! :p

I feel ya, but a Sam from the "real" world wouldn't need a light up feature. I just wish they would have given us a separate plug to switch out onto a different TT.

It's a head and neck one piece solution. And I agree Sam dont need to light up the bike sure just has to .... Somehow...

It's not perfect but I think it's very passable. I really wanted a Sam figure but could not find a small chute rig so Sam is using a HALO rig for now. I also want to find a grey hoodie.

sam2.jpg

sam1.jpg

That's awesome! I'll give it a try, hope I don't frak it up...

It's easy. Best thing to do is to mark on the neck with a pencil the line you want the neck to have. Then(staying a few mm's away from the line), start hollowing the head out to take a normal neck. Test fit as you go so you don't make it too wide.
Or get someone who is good at it to have a try if you are too worried...

It's not perfect but I think it's very passable. I really wanted a Sam figure but could not find a small chute rig so Sam is using a HALO rig for now. I also want to find a grey hoodie.

sam2.jpg

sam1.jpg

Nice work too. I assume you could't cut up his neck further to the front due to a gap in the back? Do you have a picture from the side as the first picture leads me to believe he has an ETish neck :p

Back