Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow has now changed this to "May 2012" from March (along with loads of others)

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:gah: :gah:

WTF is going on, if this is accurate i'm so pissed at HT, they should stop fart-arsing about with guaranteeing Avengers and Batmobiles and get things out on time

hottoys.jp still has it as March 31st so i :dunno any more

Last edited:
Sideshow has now changed this to "May 2012" from March (along with loads of others)

WTF is going on, if this is accurate i'm so pissed at HT, they should stop fart-arsing about with guaranteeing Avengers and Batmobiles and get things out on time

That sounds about right. Asia gets them at least a month before Sideshow usually does so March 31st would mean an eta of early May.

My understanding is that Disney had some (frankly, probably ludicrous) expectations for Legacy but that it was a solid profit-maker. That's just not what they wanted. Now they are seeing if the franchise has any legs. Tron 3 is being worked on, but I think they are looking to see if Tron Uprising gains any traction and if they can really turn the property into a franchise before they fully commit to Tron 3.

:goodpost:
I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. As a business, Disney needs to know there is still a market out there for this. So let's all hope Tron Uprising will be successful.

I hope so as well, but being on Disney XD(?) will it get enough exposure? I had never heard of that channel until the Uprising trailer came out. I believe Time Warner did not have that channel when I cut them off about a year ago.

Hot Toys is pi$$ing me off! Stop announcing and get this thing out already! Jesus!

I hope that when they show the final product, that it was worth the long wait. Maybe Sam will be detachable from the lightcycle (EDIT: as a figure that is posable)? Man, that would be awesome... :rock

Last edited:
I don't know where the assumption that Disney thought this would be a cash cow keeps coming from.

I think people are pulling that out of their ass.

I think they had moderate expectations. If they were counting on it to be a huge franchise they wouldn't have chosen a first time director to helm it.

You don't spend as much money as they did on marketing a movie without either expecting a large amount of profit and/or launching a franchise. A film doesn't have to necessarily be a huge break-out Avatar hit as long as the merchandising is successful and you make an impact on the market. The choice of director has nothing to do with it. They took a chance. Marvel did something similar with Iron Man. Sure, Favreau had more experience but he was relatively untested in this arena. It worked out well. I'd argue Legacy worked out well too. I think it was directed well, for the most part. There was just some weakness in the script.

Tron Legacy was Disney's attempt to break into a very specific market that they didn't have a ton of traction in (especially before they acquired Marvel.) They are making another attempt with John Carter, which... well, best of luck to them.

Disney's treatment of Tron has been fairly low-key since Legacy. If it had been as big a hit and as sure a thing as they had hoped, we'd have complete, positive confirmation on Tron 3. There would have been a big announcement and a year attached for the sequel. Right now all we have are non-committal whispers.

Ugh. Irritating, but not terribly surprising. The thing is they have to know that these are going to be delayed earlier. They probably just hold off in hopes they get more pre-orders.

That's true. I tell you, between this and the Tron headphones from Monster, I'm about to just give up on Tron stuff coming out.

That's true. I tell you, between this and the Tron headphones from Monster, I'm about to just give up on Tron stuff coming out.

Sideshow and Hot Toys really need to stick to their product announcements, or just not make any to begin with. Too many disappointments, delays and abandonments with licenses.

The biggest problem i see is that the longer HT waits the FAR LESS profit they will make. Considering that most of the figures are RETAILING for 200$ now and this costs ONLY 30$ more does it seem to you a feasible endeavor?

THIS ISN'T COMING OUT. SORRY TO BREAK IT TO YOU GUYS.

And again, I'm torn up about it. I hope I'm wrong.

You've said you don't want it to be cancelled but keep on saying it will.

Why are you so sure its not going to release?

After all HT have never put up an item for sale and then cancelled it, it'd be damaging to their reputation to do so IMO

Back