Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there is a conspiracy theory that the delay is about trying to dig up some more preorders but that doesn't make any sense. It really doesn't make any sense when we have people on here that now theorize it is never coming out on top others who say they want to buy it but they are waiting to see what in hand reviews have to say about it.
If they want a spike in preorders they should explain what the delay is all about, Show some updated photos and offer some sort of bonus for those who have waited.

I know there is a conspiracy theory that the delay is about trying to dig up some more preorders but that doesn't make any sense.

Hmmm... is such a conspiracy theory happening somewhere else other than these boards? I only ask, because I'm pretty sure the only one mentioning delays and pre-orders going up was me and I certainly wasn't saying Hot Toys was delaying a product to drum up pre-orders! LOL.

The thought I was just sort of throwing out there was that they waited so long to ANNOUNCE the latest delay partly because (in my experience on the other end of things) people tend to get excited the nearer to a product launch they get. So sometimes pre-orders go up right before something comes out because people who were holding out get excited and just go for it.

Now, I don't know if that happens with products like this. It was just a thought. Anything that has to come here by boat takes at least a month to get here. So I would have though a problem that caused a delay that pushed out a product by several months would pop up way before it was almost ready to ship out. Therefore, it seems like HT would have known about the delay a good deal before it was announced. One of the reasons for possibly waiting COULD be that they didn't want a pre-launch pre-order spike to be squashed prematurely.

Having said all that, I'm only talking as someone who has experience in a slightly related industry with similar issues. So I might be WAY off base.

But at no time was I suggesting HT was delaying product to get more pre-orders. That would be insane. :) Just wanted to clear that up in case I was accidentally the cause of some crazy conspiracy somewhere.

impatient.gif

tumblr_lubnqhTOGp1r2czowo1_500.gif

I am not even sure when they are going to release all these figures. If you inlcude all the figures we have seen protoypes thats at least over 20 figures/sets / vehicles.

And this is not even including all the liceanses they have announced green lantern, AmazingSpiderman, X men first class and Trilogy, Robo Cop New predators, New Aliens etc

So if their best is 2 figures a month then if we are lucky they can give us all the figures they showed us. And anything else will have to wait till next year.

Last edited:
I am not even sure when they are going to release all these figures. If you inlcude all the figures we have seen protoypes thats at least over 20 figures/sets / vehicles.

And this is not even including all the liceanses they have announced green lantern, AmazingSpiderman, X men first class and Trilogy, Robo Cop New predators, New Aliens etc

So if their best is 2 figures a month then if we are lucky they can give us all the figures they showed us. And anything else will have to wait till next year.

There can't be 20 protos shown and not gone up for order?

What's gonna be annoying is they'll likely get all the remake figures up for order and leave the originals as continued no-shows :pfft:

I am one of those who is eagerly waiting for this Tron Cycle too. But at this point, I don't even think it will ever come out. HT is just signing up all the license they can so that the rights will not go to others (like Enterbay or 3A), but they lack the capacity to actually manufacture all the figures they have planned. I am talking about both on a prototyping and manufacturing stand point. What they should do, is to stop showing us new prototypes that will not come out at least 9 months later, and then clear their plate of late figures first. Or just tell us they do not /cannot care about these older stuff and cancel them. It is at least way better than leaving us all hanging!

I am one of those who is eagerly waiting for this Tron Cycle too. But at this point, I don't even think it will ever come out. HT is just signing up all the license they can so that the rights will not go to others (like Enterbay or 3A), but they lack the capacity to actually manufacture all the figures they have planned. I am talking about both on a prototyping and manufacturing stand point. What they should do, is to stop showing us new prototypes that will not come out at least 9 months later, and then clear their plate of late figures first. Or just tell us they do not /cannot care about these older stuff and cancel them. It is at least way better than leaving us all hanging!

:exactly: :goodpost: :exactly: :goodpost:

HT as a company lost their way. They were at the top of their game and in many regards more respected than sideshow just a few years back. Now all they do is release and re-release the same few figures over and over, even going as far as reprint an exact copy of a soldout popular figure. The reputation of the brand took a huge hit, as reflected by the drastic price drop within the last 6 months.

Many people including myself give up on this brand. May still buy 1 or 2 figures if they are really cool and what I like, but overall i stopped buying all their stuff like I used to a while back.

Many people including myself give up on this brand. May still buy 1 or 2 figures if they are really cool and what I like, but overall i stopped buying all their stuff like I used to a while back.

Yep i've found myself in the same situation, there are many many figures i want from them, but i've pretty much given up hope they'll ever come, and these aren't figures from old licenses like Watchemn or Hellboy, but from fresh projects aquired 9 months to a year ago and still not started.

Not long now, due on March 31st, hope it actually comes if not then i'll seriously consider cancelling and get the Issac Clarke Statue instead, not gonna wait around forever, HT aren't the only game in town, you need to respect a collectible company and it's practices to buy from them, my respect for HT will live or die based on if this gets delayed again or not.

There can't be 20 protos shown and not gone up for order?

What's gonna be annoying is they'll likely get all the remake figures up for order and leave the originals as continued no-shows :pfft:

Well maybe protos is the wrong choice of word product revels is more fitting.

A quick list would include

2 City hunter figures
2 Monkeyworks
2 Sucker Punch
Iron Man Gantry W Mark 4 and W/O
TRon Cycle
Red Skull
Nick Fury
Bane
Iron Man Mark 1
Luke SkyWalker
Tumber
Iron Monger
Spidy Black Suit
Noland Pr

Show but not info on release
Stealth Iron Man
Captain America USO
Loki

And this is not including the new licenses they got Green Lantern, First Class

So I my assumtion is if they can average 2 release a month we may most of this stuff this year so anything they show in the later half of the year will be comming out next year similar to what happened last year. Stuff was announced late and we will see it this year some time.

Unless of course like you mentioned they change up the schedule to meet up with the current movies this year

^ okay i thought you meant proto pictures if figures that haven't gone up for order.

They really need to release these and then work on new figures in relation to the order they announced them, but they'll likely have 80% of upcoming figures be from Avengers/Batman and forget the rest.

Stuff that they announced but never even show a proto - Captain Harlock, X-Men First Class, Green Lantern, Expendables 2 (yes, I know this one is new)

Stuff they did not announced but show some teaser - Robocop, Batman Arkham City.

At this point, I think Green Lantern is dead. Captain Harlock, the actual Anime is in limbo so they can leave that in limbo. I bet you Expendables 2, they will just release a new Barney Ross with a slightly changed head sculpt and MAYBE one more character if we are lucky. X-Men First Class? Probably class dismissed... wait till the sequel.

And why would any of us wanna buy Avatar, Sucker Punch, and Tron line if they do not even have a "line"? Let's hope the licensors really start evaluating HT's manufacturing capabilities before they sign them any more licenses....

Stuff that they announced but never even show a proto - Captain Harlock, X-Men First Class, Green Lantern, Expendables 2 (yes, I know this one is new)

Stuff they did not announced but show some teaser - Robocop, Batman Arkham City.

At this point, I think Green Lantern is dead. Captain Harlock, the actual Anime is in limbo so they can leave that in limbo. I bet you Expendables 2, they will just release a new Barney Ross with a slightly changed head sculpt and MAYBE one more character if we are lucky. X-Men First Class? Probably class dismissed... wait till the sequel.

And why would any of us wanna buy Avatar, Sucker Punch, and Tron line if they do not even have a "line"? Let's hope the licensors really start evaluating HT's manufacturing capabilities before they sign them any more licenses....

Add Metal Gear Solid and Smooth Criminal. Both announced in 2010 :slap

People say talk with your wallet so that's what i'm doing, i'm not buying Avengers or Batman as there's no real need, there'll be more figures and versions and remakes, but there'll only be one Jake Sully and i don't want to supporttheir bias practice personally, i'd rather be part if the solution than the problem.

I belive their strategy for launching a line is based on how well the first offering goes. More then Likely the Tron Cycle and Jake Avatar figures will see other figure considering you can create new figures using the base.

People say talk with your wallet so that's what i'm doing, i'm not buying Avengers or Batman as there's no real need, there'll be more figures and versions and remakes, but there'll only be one Jake Sully and i don't want to supporttheir bias practice personally, i'd rather be part if the solution than the problem.

Metal Gear is the one I don't understand it's popular and will easliy sell and if a boot leg company can release a figure and is on it's way to releasing a second one whats Hot Toys excuse.

Maybe they decided to focus on the new movies comming out and postpone this, but still its been 2 years since its been announced and now your lack of product has left the door open to boot leg products.

I'm sure Hot Toys is doing just fine, and from all the products they've made their ability to create things isn't really the question--I do think they've reached a limit on how many projects they can work on at once, which is probably why this is so delayed.

But I really wouldn't be concerned that any figures that have already gone up for pre-order won't get released. However, as for other licenses that haven't had any thing gone out, if they wait long enough then their license will run out (Watchmen) so it's entirely possible those licenses will never see a product.

Speaking of MGS, have you seen this ? https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901831&ref=home_new I thought it would be up your alley since you speak of this game a lot.

Back