Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, stop playing the ******.

I think if they were going to cancel it they would have done so already.

HT really needs to hire a PR and CS team. Sorely lacking in that area. It's really like they are non existent.

The director's primary focus is story. TL was visuals, style, music and... that carried the first third of the movie.

The primary focus of a Director is NOT story. It's VISION. its the WHOLE. The TOTALITY. The Writer's primary focus is Story. Just as the Cinematographer's is images and the Composer's is music. The director OVERSEES all the different aspects.

He was successful in his overview of everything BUT the story. Which is only an aspect of his charge.

I know this because I'm a director. I've been in filmmaking for 13 years.

The primary focus of a Director is NOT story. It's VISION. its the WHOLE. The TOTALITY. The Writer's primary focus is Story. Just as the Cinematographer's is images and the Composer's is music. The director OVERSEES all the different aspects.

He was successful in his overview of everything BUT the story. Which is only an aspect of his charge.

I know this because I'm a director. I've been in filmmaking for 13 years.

:exactly::goodpost:

When Tron: Legacy was in theaters I was eating in a Taco Bell across the street from a theater showing the movie. For brevity's sake the marquee said "Tron 2" rather than "Tron: Legacy." A teenager with a group of friends saw the sign and laughed.
He said,"How can Tron 2 be out already when Tron 1 just came out."
The kid had no idea that Legacy was a sequel.

As far as Tron:Legacy's perceived success or failure and what the expectations are I guess its anyone's guess unless they've been party to closed door meeting at Disney Studios.

What we do know is both Bruce Boxleitner and Cindy Morgan claim in regards to another Tron film, "It's a done deal." and "It's a go."

I think its all up to Tron:Uprising right now. All the kids I know who saw Legacy loved it. My son claims he'd watch it every day if I let him. A lot who showed up to the movie in theaters were guys my age who grew up with the original. I don't think its grabbed the kids just yet. A guy who worked at Spinmaster told us over at Tron-Sector that a majority of the toys were not bought by or for children but by and for guys in their 30's. If Disney through Tron: Uprising can grab the kids that's where the whole thing will take off.
As far as HT goes with the light cycle they certainly owe some explanations!

As soon as the lightcycle is released and I have it inhand I will pop the 3d disk into my ps3 then put my super cool glasses on:cool: turn the lights off, put the surround system all the way up and enjoy the movie and HT figure at the same time:hi5:

If I were Boxleitner I sure as ____ wouldn't be eating at an el cheapo Taco Hell. :yuck

The Sam Cycle is one of the nicest pieces HT has ever done. But it's now coming out nearly a year and half after the movie disappeared. I really hope the release of this collectible is not tied to how well the movie did, or the immediate prospect of a sequel.

Well Tron Uprising is out this Summer on Disney XD
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao1A1BnVLI0[/ame]

I really can't wait for Tron uprising! :rock

but I'm definnitely losing my patience for this Lightcycle! :gah:

after a whole year one would think this thing had been figured out by now. I really hope we see some pics soonish or at least a back stage pass thing showing the box and hopefully an added accessory.

I really can't wait for Tron uprising! :rock

but I'm definnitely losing my patience for this Lightcycle! :gah:

after a whole year one would think this thing had been figured out by now. I really hope we see some pics soonish or at least a back stage pass thing showing the box and hopefully an added accessory.

How about backstage pass with added accessories:hi5:

I know someone said that the last flexpay was moved to april, but not sure if this was said. SS now has the lighcycle scheduled for a May release. which again means that we won't see pics (if it doesn't get pushed back AGAIN) until about Arpil :gah: a whole 'nother month of waiting!!

How about backstage pass with added accessories:hi5:

And they can throw in a Quorra figure to make up for the wait.

he needs to come with something extra to justify all this waiting! I would be content with a lighted game grid base. but just the lighcycle itself would kind of suck for all this waiting

March is here..my guess May/June here at the earliest- better be released in HK in the next couple weeks or gonna be longer..be prepared for another long wait....

Back