HOMEFRONT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's because they are paid reviewers and it's thier jobs to pick it apart. Maybe the game is fun without being overly amazing. I will rent this for sure. The fact it's only got a 5 hour campaign is a good enough reason for me not to buy it. I like MP but I like to have a lengthy single player too. Looks like crysis 2 will deliver this.

I dunno seems like true gamers only buy. Renting a subpar product vs. buying a great one. No brainer. With so many stellar games out there why settle for something average and expected, just because it's the only big release at the end of March?

No because I'm saving my money for a 3DS because I'm a 'true gamer' I have to own every console.

The graphics are just a step above Half-Life 2, which is okay with me. It's obvious that the game is far from being perfect, but the overall experience isn't that bad. The creators tried to bring something fresh into a market that's already dominated by Call of Duties and Battlefields, and that's not an easy task.

Last edited:
No because I'm saving my money for a 3DS because I'm a 'true gamer' I have to own every console.

Like a true gamer I'm waiting for a better version of the console to come out because this one doesn't meet my standards for excellence.

The graphics are just a step above Half-Life 2, which is okay with me. It's obvious that the game is far from being perfect, but the overall experience isn't that bad. The creators trying to bring something fresh into a market that's already dominated by Call of Duties and Battlefields, and that's not an easy task.

I like Half-life 2 looks amazing even today. I've yet to see facial animations as good as Half-Life series, especially Episode 2. Even Heavy Rain still can't compete.

I like Half-life 2 looks amazing even today. I've yet to see facial animations as good as Half-Life series, especially Episode 2. Even Heavy Rain still can't compete.

Seriously man, everything about Half-Life 2 was amazing: the setting, the graphics, the storyline. It was my favorite FPS game in 2006 (which I first played it), and it's still my favorite to this date. I still play team deathmatch if I have the time! :lol

It is. But tell me why he thinks "it's a freakin awesome game". Give me something work with here, at least in the most reviews which most can be called negative, they have valid points that read like a laundry list.

So, the negative points are valid, but the positive have to be "proven"? Gotcha. Someone's been drinking their Hateraid.

So, the negative points are valid, but the positive have to be "proven"? Gotcha. Someone's been drinking their Hateraid.

I don't think you understand. That wasn't a positive point, it was "this game is awesome!" That's a statement, now tell me why you think it's so awesome. Reviews say hey this game is not so good, and it's due to x, y and z. They give reasons to back up their claims.

And universally this game hasn't scored that well, it's the general consensus that this game isn't very good, has poor A.I., not so great execution, less than stellar graphics and gameplay, etc.

I don't think you understand. That wasn't a positive point, it was "this game is awesome!" That's a statement, now tell me why you think it's so awesome. Reviews say hey this game is not so good, and it's due to x, y and z. They give reasons to back up their claims.

And universally this game hasn't scored that well, it's the general consensus that this game isn't very good, has poor A.I., not so great execution, less than stellar graphics and gameplay, etc.

I don't agree with your review assessment. 7.5 average is good to me. If you need approval from reviews before you buy, that's fine, but I (and most folks, I'd hope) prefer to see first hand if it's good or not. I've disagreed with reviews more times than I can count.

He's stating an opinion which can't be proven. Prove to me why it sucks. You can't. Especially since you haven't even played it. That's day 1 hater stuff there.

I don't agree with your review assessment. 7.5 average is good to me. If you need approval from reviews before you buy, that's fine, but I (and most folks, I'd hope) prefer to see first hand if it's good or not. I've disagreed with reviews more times than I can count.

He's stating an opinion which can't be proven. Prove to me why it sucks. You can't. Especially since you haven't even played it. That's day 1 hater stuff there.

Not everyone gave it a 7.5, any smart gamer would through some reviews in order to gauge a game. Every time I bought a game that had a less than stellar review I got a less than stellar game. I learned the hard way. Buying many games and writing off reviews, but they carry merit.

If people want to dish out $60 on a gamble that's fine with me. It's not my money. There have been multiple people who have bought it posted and weren't happy about it. I trust word of mouth more than anything.

Not everyone gave it a 7.5, any smart gamer would through some reviews in order to gauge a game. Every time I bought a game that had a less than stellar review I got a less than stellar game. I learned the hard way. Buying many games and writing off reviews, but they carry merit.

If people want to dish out $60 on a gamble that's fine with me. It's not my money. There have been multiple people who have bought it posted and weren't happy about it. I trust word of mouth more than anything.

Oh boy...

7.5 is the AVERAGE score based on every review written. It's a better gauge than reading just one review. Savvy? I'm saying a 7.5 average is good. Don't think so? Fair enough.

You're obviously NOT fine with it. If you were fine with it, I doubt you would've spent any time in this thread trying to rain on everyone's parade...though I'm getting the impression you do this for fun and I should probably stop feeding you.

Hehe, you trust word of mouth when it's negative. All the positive feedback you choose to ignore. Interesting approach.

Oh boy...

7.5 is the AVERAGE score based on every review written. It's a better gauge than reading just one review. Savvy? I'm saying a 7.5 average is good. Don't think so? Fair enough.

You're obviously NOT fine with it. If you were fine with it, I doubt you would've spent any time in this thread trying to rain on everyone's parade...though I'm getting the impression you do this for fun and I should probably stop feeding you.

Hehe, you trust word of mouth when it's negative. All the positive feedback you choose to ignore. Interesting approach.

7.5 I would say is not bad/decent. There's a steep drop off...

What positive feedback have I chosen to ignore? I was rather excited for this game and the premise, heck I started the thread and had it preordered. When the embargo lifted on the reviews and they weren't what I was hoping for I cancelled immediately.

I like it. It was only fun online for a few hours though. Got boring pretty quick for me. I just went back to Black Ops.

Yeah, really. When this kid gets on a gaming soapbox, look out...

That said, I say 7.5 is a good mean average for HOMEFRONT. I'm inclined to agree with that score. It's not great and has its faults (mostly that it's just not up to par with today's elite FPS games), but is still pretty fun. I've enjoyed it.

Yeah, really. When this kid gets on a gaming soapbox, look out...

That said, I say 7.5 is a good mean average for HOMEFRONT. I'm inclined to agree with that score. It's not great and has its faults (mostly that it's just not up to par with today's elite FPS games), but is still pretty fun. I've enjoyed it.

It's been out a week and your done with it? :dunno

I'm taking a break from it for a while and see if they get the servers straightened out. Too laggy right now. Tired of getting killed before I know I'm being shot. Overall, the games solid though.

played online for 4 hrs.
I like it.

felt like people where really working in teams.
wish the game looked a bit more polished but ohh well still an awsome online fps.

Back