HOMEFRONT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THQ's definitely not alone. I remember all the problems with EA's lousy servers and BC2. At least I was able to play BC2 though. After 6 tries and at least an hours worth of waiting in lobbies, I'm done. There's no excuse for this. At the very least, they get pre-order numbers to give them some idea of install base and they can estimate based on that what they'll need available come launch day. It's inexcusable IMO and I'll be dumping this turd. Too bad. It had real potential, but it's just not worth the hassle.

Okay, the $15 credit is now gone. Oh, the fast moving business of video game retail. :lol

You'll be able to find this for $40 in a month. Why pay full price for it now if you're only going to play single player, Irish?

You were off that mark by a month...Day 2 more like it...:slap

Good call though!

What i want to know is when are compianes just going to go back to games being $49.99 in general...seems they lose soo much $ because people wait for it to go down anyway...at least at a lower price point all together, they may actually have more people bite on day one releases then they do now.

Since when is 75% a bad average score? That's a very decent average. The problem isn't the scores. It's the servers and THQ's apparent lack of preparation for release.

Why settle for a decent or average shooter when there are great ones out?

So the scale is 0-100%, but in reality we live in a 70-100% world. Anything 70-80 is decent to good, 80=90 is great, and so on...

Anything under 70 to 75 percent on that scale isn't even bothered with.

In the wake of the critical reception, THQ stock has fallen by almost 26%. THQ's said it needs to shift two million copies of Homefront in order to break even…

yikes.

have this game sitting here from gamefly kinda turned off to play it after all im hearing about it

I'm about 4 missions into it so far, and I think the game is pretty decent. The graphics aren't that bad, but they sure not going to win any awards for it. I keep reading about how good the MP is on it so I'm going to give that a run later.

In the wake of the critical reception, THQ stock has fallen by almost 26%. THQ's said it needs to shift two million copies of Homefront in order to break even…

yikes.

Well, Homefront is currently ranked at #1 in Amazon video game sales (the X-Box 360 version). So, that's an indicator that people are buying it. I hope that the game sells well, as I'd love to see a sequel for it.

Well, Homefront is currently ranked at #1 in Amazon video game sales (the X-Box 360 version). So, that's an indicator that people are buying it. I hope that the game sells well, as I'd love to see a sequel for it.

I think that just indicates how many suckers their are in reality. How many of those folks who bought it regret purchasing or have traded it in already?

It already being $40 already a day out of it's release date is not a good sign.

I think that just indicates how many suckers their are in reality. How many of those folks who bought it regret purchasing or have traded it in already?

It already being $40 already a day out of it's release date is not a good sign.

Then I guess that makes me a "sucker" as well, as I just bought the game on Amazon :panic:. :dunno

Starkiller. Your opinion isn't gospel mate. Let me guess if you buy this game you're not a 'true gamer'?

I'm starting to think it's my router. I'm going to get a new one and see if this game is still broken. I got into a game finally, but it was laggy as hell and I got dropped after about 2 minutes. They clearly dropped the ball, but the problems i'm having may be on my end after all hehe.

Played it, loved it. It's no CoD, no BF. It feels a lot like Medal of Honor 2010 but a bit faster and dynamic. I really loved the setting, I mean, in the beginning when you're in the bus, seeing a man and woman getting killed and watching that little kid run up to the bodies crying and yelling, that's just.. awesome, in my opinion. I haven't seen one shooter where you see this, and it's realistic. So the singleplayer I thought was above average, good story and well told, but the AI and linear maps kind of take away the depth it could've had. The voice work and stuff is really good, even though the graphics might seem a little dated.

Multiplayer, I've tried. I'm generally not an online gamer, but I have to say I like the system it uses a lot. Can't compare it to CoD or BF, but it's quite a good game. Huge, beautiful maps, decent weapons, lovely pink with heart and skull camo, ...

Overall I find this a decent game and it lives up to my personal hype. I was looking forward to it, but didn't get my expectations as high as with CoD.

I'm positive it's worth a rental at least.

I played it last night, And I have to say it's alot better then people have been giving it credit for....Yeah like some said it's not as nice looking as COD or BFBC2, but it's not bad either. The game seems to have a nice pace to it so far in single player mode. Story is really intresting and very graphic at times to put it's point across even more.

I also tried the online and got on without any of the problems people were taking about day one...I was in a lobby for a minute at tops.
As for the multiplayer itself, I must say I really enjoyed it...there is alot of action going on, duein part to the 16 Vs. 16 system, there are people, tanks, heli's etc...everywhere!, it's pretty intense...and the point system actually works pretty well here...

Overall I give the game a 7.5/10 so far...yeah a few things could be fixed but for those who got in at $40-45 buck price, the game is well worth that.

I got into a game right away, but it's kind of difficult. It's way better than what people are saying about it, though...

Back