HOMEFRONT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me....or does this game kinda suck? I'm not trying to get down on anyone that does like it, but I just don't like it haha.

* I just remembered what it reminds me of...Left for Dead combined with Terminator Salvation(the game)
Anyway, I was highly disapointed with it, I beat it on normal in a total of 3 and a half hours :lol

I'm currently playing it again on Guerilla difficulty.

Last edited:
No it seems like a solid "rental" but being as you can't rent games anywhere but gamefly...I guess that term is falling by the way side.
Try Blockbuster online- they are cheaper than Gamefly and you can choose between games or movies. I think two out at a time is $17 a month.

Dunno bout the single player but the multiplayer seems just like Battlefield. Huge , never ending maps with hundreds of players spread out all over the place. You spend 5 minutes running from spawn to where theres a little bit of action, only to get shot by a helicopter which then sends you straight back to spawn. The action is taking place over such a large area that you can't tell what is going on or who is where.

If that's what you like then cool ace :) Play away!

But COD has created a multiplayer that is comprised of 6-sided teams, enjoyable game modes, superb maps and intense fighting.
Not Modern Warfare 2 though! Worst COD ever. I'd rather play World at War!

COD4 and BLOPS ftw!

Alright..finally got into a good game with no connection issues. This game's actually very good. Very chaotic but good. It's not BC2 good, but people who dismiss this without trying it are doing themselves a disservice. Seems pretty balanced and the controls are very solid.

Dunno bout the single player but the multiplayer seems just like Battlefield. Huge , never ending maps with hundreds of players spread out all over the place. You spend 5 minutes running from spawn to where theres a little bit of action, only to get shot by a helicopter which then sends you straight back to spawn. The action is taking place over such a large area that you can't tell what is going on or who is where.

If that's what you like then cool ace :) Play away!

But COD has created a multiplayer that is comprised of 6-sided teams, enjoyable game modes, superb maps and intense fighting.
Not Modern Warfare 2 though! Worst COD ever. I'd rather play World at War!

COD4 and BLOPS ftw!

Darn these games that take skill to play!

I love cod but it's really easy, the only reason anyone who's good ever does bad is usually because of lagging out reasons.

ye they deffo take skill, Homefront and Battlefield espesh! Its a slow kind of skill, lots of patience - COD is just dive in all guns blazing.

ye they deffo take skill, Homefront and Battlefield espesh! Its a slow kind of skill, lots of patience - COD is just dive in all guns blazing.

I love cod for that reason, I think it's really fun and actually relaxing. The battlefield/homefront types are a little more hectic and will drive you crazy. I didn't like battlefield for that reason, but I do think it works well in homefront.

You spend 5 minutes running from spawn to where theres a little bit of action, only to get shot by a helicopter which then sends you straight back to spawn. The action is taking place over such a large area that you can't tell what is going on or who is where.
COD4 and BLOPS ftw!

I get annoyed in COD and the maps aren't extremely big nor are the spawns that far away. That sounds annoying.

I get annoyed in COD and the maps aren't extremely big nor are the spawns that far away. That sounds annoying.

The spawns in BO are my biggest beef with it. I hate respawning, taking five steps and getting shot in the back from the spot I just spawned from.:slap The rotating spawns result in that nonsense happening all the time. That's one of the main reasons I prefer domination. The spawns don't rotate quite as much.

Played some more Homefront. It was my router. Good games yesterday. A bit too much sniping for my taste, but overall had a good time. I definitely prefer the point capping mode..whatever it's called. The domination game.

Read the reviews and the concept does seem very scary.......Campaign at 5 hours prevents this being a full price purchase. If I see it for $25 I'll get it

I'm so fascinated by this game. It seems like most gamers including myself were excited by the potential, the hype, the previews...and what they delivered was a flat hollow shell of what was promised.

It's so entertaining to read and watch reviews as they pull it apart.

That's because they are paid reviewers and it's thier jobs to pick it apart. Maybe the game is fun without being overly amazing. I will rent this for sure. The fact it's only got a 5 hour campaign is a good enough reason for me not to buy it. I like MP but I like to have a lengthy single player too. Looks like crysis 2 will deliver this.

Back