Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The man has a right to express his opinion. That's what these boards are for. Just because you don't share his opinion doesn't make him a whiner. If you don't like his posts, don't read them or put him on ignore.

For the record, an open ES sucks.

Don't mind someone having an opinion that's different than mine. I mind people finding it necessary to express the same one over and over and over. You're probably right about the not reading part, but it annoys me when I want to read a/the new comment(s) it's the same I've been reading the last 7 out of 10 pages. I too whine about things I don't like about a statue, but I post it once. Hence the 'stop whining'.

Yeah cos collectors just love what they buy being worth less after they buy it :clap

u r taking it wrong way bro.... my point here is every collector cant afford to have statues with bigger pricepoint ..... i m not against ES but bigger ES will be better for such statues.....

Don't mind someone having an opinion that's different than mine. I mind people finding it necessary to express the same one over and over and over. You're probably right about the not reading part, but it annoys me when I want to read a/the new comment(s) it's the same I've been reading the last 7 out of 10 pages. I too whine about things I don't like about a statue, but I post it once. Hence the 'stop whining'.

It really doesn't bother me much if a person repeats his stance. It's their opinion even if I don't share it. It certainly won't change my feelings on a topic. Besides, other peeps may share his view and want to discuss the topic. I really don't see any harm in it and don't consider it whining. It's not like CBG was doing all the complaining the last 7 out of 10 pages. Obviously many people joined in on the topic if that many pages is being dedicated to it. Open ES is obviously a very hot button topic.

By the way, I have done my fair share of complaining on many topics. Especially open ES. It isn't my intent to annoy but to only discuss the topic and see if other members share my same feelings on the topic. I know reading about a topic you have no interest in can be annoying. However, please keep in mind that other people can see it as a relevant topic and want to discuss it.

u r taking it wrong way bro.... my point here is every collector cant afford to have statues with bigger pricepoint ..... i m not against ES but bigger ES will be better for such statues.....

Everyone has up to 12 months to plan their spending and save if necessary for their orders. If people can't plan that then they should GTFO of collecting. Making something available for years on end with no apparent limitation and being worth less after it's bought is the antithesis of what sideshow has built their business on - collecting.

Everyone has up to 12 months to plan their spending and save if necessary for their orders. If people can't plan that then they should GTFO of collecting. Making something available for years on end with no apparent limitation and being worth less after it's bought is the antithesis of what sideshow has built their business on - collecting.

:exactly: :lecture :clap :goodpost:

:lecture:clap :goodpost: we demand ES just because of Open Es I didnt ordered Hulk Maquette n Galactus yet

:goodpost::clap:exactly:

actually i m now really relax because of Open ES for Galactus & sure will be for Doom LSF ...... I will get chance to see inhand reviews of them also will be available for long time.....so many stuff on order n there r some surprise releases so i welcome open ES ..........:)

Same here. I really like this statue but I've never spent more than $400 on a statue and I'm not sure I want to. But I really like this! So i'm glad it's open ES :)

Sometimes too much comes out in a given period and then almost nothing later that a person wants to buy. Not everyone can but everything they want that comes out at once. That is how open ES helps.

As far as something being worth less than it was bought for, that is because it wasn't really worth what it was bought for in the first place. The bottom line is that something should be either worth what you pay for it regardless of ES or it is not.

As far as collecting, people can collect tie wraps, but that doesn't mean that they will increase in value.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collecting
Collecting:
"The hobby of collecting includes seeking, locating, acquiring, organizing, cataloging, displaying, storing, and maintaining whatever items are of interest to the individual collector. Some collectors are generalists, accumulating merchandise, or stamps from all countries of the world. Others focus on a subtopic within their area of interest, perhaps 19th century postage stamps, milk bottle labels from Sussex, or Mongolian harnesses and tack.
text
Stamp album used for collecting stamps

The items collectors collect may be antique, or simply collectible. Antiques are collectible items at least 100 years old; collectibles are less than antique, and may even be new. Collectors and dealers may use the word vintage to describe older collectibles. Most collectibles are man-made commercial items, but some private collectors collect natural objects such as birds' eggs, butterflies, rocks, and seashells. Items which were once everyday objects may now be collectible since almost all those once produced have been destroyed or discarded called Ephemera. Some collectors collect only in childhood while others continue to do so throughout their lives and usually modify their aims later in life. Philately, phillumeny, and deltiology (collecting postage stamps, matchboxes and postcards) are examples of forms of collecting which can be undertaken at minimal expense."

As far as pieces losing value on the secondary market,if you bought it to keep, why should you really care? Why would you want to sell? Because it cost a lot of money and you now think the money is more important to you. If so, you should not have bought in the first place.

SS should just lower the price instead. They overcharge and use the fact that they only make a small amount as an excuse, as if somehow that changes the fact that the profit they make is so high.

To make matters worse, their QC is slipping badly. Their older stuff which was made when they were trying to make a name for themselves was really great because they wanted to attract followers. Now that they have so many followers, they have become sorely lax in quality. Now that they are so well known and so big, they believe they don't need to produce as high a quality of items as they used to.

Yeah, with open edition sizes you can decide if you want it after years. In which case, many other collectibles will be out so you can plan your collection and spend more appropriately.

For instance, if you knew there would be 5 variants of a sculpt out then that would give you pause in purchasing the initial ones.

On the other hand, with open edition I think there will be much fewer variants of each character made since they take years to sell out and they would not want to compete with themselves.

Also, if they pull a Rogue, then they will be less likely to get more sales, thus QC/breakages will be more important since word of forum will be a driving factor in sales.

So less variants but more time to see what's coming out and plan accordingly. Also we get to see the final product before deciding.

With the inflation rate so high, it will probably be cheaper down the line too : P

it it was closed es, u would probably never see the light of it, probably 10 of it would be stored up in someones warehouse for flipping lol:lecture

I would say go for it, with a non-refundable deposit and Sideshow's rules of 1 (or 2 in some cases) per person it's always a gamble/investment.

At least that's how I feel about the 74 Venomsaurii Ex in my basement.

I would say go for it, with a non-refundable deposit and Sideshow's rules of 1 (or 2 in some cases) per person it's always a gamble/investment.

At least that's how I feel about the 74 Venomsaurii Ex in my basement.

ur great great grand children would never understand the true value of thos pieces lols

ur great great grand children would never understand the true value of thos pieces lols

With the proper Marvel kids learning program (TM) which consists of retro comics books, games, collectibles and cartoons I'm confident the core Marvel values will extend to future generations. Since I intend to live forever after cybernetically implanting myself into a future robot, I should be around to make sure all goes according to plan....

...beep!

Back