Hellboy II with Spoilers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hellboy 2: The Golden Army's Repeat Offenders

There's so much to take in...that fans should at least go see it a couple of times. I can't wait for the DVD release to see this masterpiece again! :D

Enjoy it! :p

Yes! I'll be seeing it once with my buds and the second time I'll be taking my nephew!

SUPPORT THIS MOVIE! After the lackluster reception of the first movie (box office-wise), it'd be a real heartbreaker if HBII didn't do well. Guillermo Del Torro deserves better.

It's not in the best position either. It has to contend with that new Eddie Murphy movie (say what you want about him, but his flicks make money) and TDK is right around the corner.

I just got back, and man... what a massive, massive disappointment. I'm a big fan of Del Toro's and I'm a big fan of the first Hellboy movie, but this one was just a self indulgent piece of crap.

Just saw it and thought it was a fun popcorn movie. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece or anything so I liked it. Lots of action and humor and I love all the non CGI beasties.

SUPPORT THIS MOVIE!

I'm not one who cares about the success of hollywood movies, but I totally agree here. From everything I've read, this film is a true labor of love and deserves the full attention of all movie goers. Come next weekend, HB2 won't even exist in the minds of movie-goers anymore.

Hell no! You couldn't force me to watch this one again at gun point.

Box Office Predictions July 11th "Hellboy 2"

So how much money will Hellboy 2 Make? The 1st made 23mil and a total domestic gross of 59.6 Mil. Del Toro has gotten alot more popular with the Hobbit, so it should help.

I predict 56 mil. Which is really good. I'm thinking lower but I'll stick with 56. Over 60 would be great. Under 30 might look bad. This movie seems like a tough call. I just dont know.

Also playing at Theaters is "Journey to the Center of the Earth." I like the trailer, 3D at IMAX, I would really like to see this, and I haven't seen a movie sine Harry Potter OOTP at IMAX. So I think I'll check out "Journey" next week in 3D. I don't think "Journey" will beat Hellboy 2, for one not enough publicity, but if it does, damn that would be crazy. Never no with the young audience.

Just got back from seeing it.

I felt the same after this movie as I did after the last one. I walked out with the feeling that I liked it, sort of, but as more time passes I like it more and more.

Things I liked:

1)The art direction: This was off the hook. The CGI was excellent and much better than some of the other movies I've seen this summer (Incredible Hulk I am looking at you)

2) Pearlman as Hellboy: Hellboy is a character I could watch all day. The movie could be about him brushing his teeth for two hours and I would still be entertained (not lil' Hellboy though :lol).

3) The fight scenes: These were a heckuva lot of fun. Lots of monster smashing. Big Baby. The Prince guy could give Darth Maul a run for his money.

Things I didn't like:

1) Little Hellboy sequence: He just looked goofy. It was nice to see John Hurt, but he looked much older than the character should look in 1955 (?). In the first movie he looked young (different actor) around the time of WWII. Paranormal research must make you age horribly.

2) Everyone just standing around too much: When the tooth fairies were attacking everyone, the agent guys were just standing there getting eaten. Also, how freaking long were they shooting at the things before they decided to do something logical and toast them? Also when the Prince throws the jumping bean, everyone just stands there.

3) Hellboy getting stabbed: This just seemed like a vehicle to showcase another creature, the angel of death. While that scene was cool, it just seemed like a too convenient way to cure Hellboy.

4) The bedtime story sequence in the beginning of the movie: Did I miss the reason why everything was wooden puppets?

Overall, the pluses outweigh the minuses but a lot of ideas seemed to be introduced and then left hanging. That being said, I will definitely pick this up when it comes out on DVD.

I had plans to get a babysiter to watch the kids while my wife and I went to see this today. Instead there was a change of plans and now my wife is out of town, I am left home watching the kids, and it looks like I won't get to see it opening weekend...

:sick

Saw it. Liked it. Perlman is great. Like FQRizzo said, could watch him as Hellboy all day.
Movie looked great. Wasn't bored, but not too terribly knocked out. Art design is indeed incredible. All in all, I liked it. Not more than Ironman, as a movie, but a lot.
Good show. Bring on part III! :rock

whats funny is nowadays people seems to say, when a movie kinda sucked and want to stay polite ,''it was a good popcorn movie'' :lol

whats funny is nowadays people seems to say, when a movie kinda sucked and want to stay polite ,''it was a good popcorn movie'' :lol

This was my favorite movie of the summer so far. I think that will change next week though.

OK..I just got home from seeing HB2 and i would have to give it a B- i was a bit disappointed in the dialogue.It just seemed like they tryed to put a little to much emphasis on love.The movie could of been about 15-20 minutes shorter maybe removing some of the love scenes.It was action packed though and i loved the BigBaby introduction.Just my 2 cents.

Back