And the highest grossing Studio of 2023 is….

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many Disney films got pushed back to next year due to strikes compared to Universal? This feels like more of a correlation/causation thing.

How many Disney films got pushed back to next year due to strikes compared to Universal? This feels like more of a correlation/causation thing.

The strikes will hurt them this year (same as everyone). Last year they should have had most of the 2023 slate completed in the prior year or first half of 2023 at the latest, so writing and acting was already complete. It may have hurt ADR work but a finished film can probably get waivers for that type of thing.

If Disney had any movie make more then a billion or even one in the top three I could agree. But those two factors combined with them losing to Universal leads me to think it’s more then just them releasing less movies.

As for moving movies to 2024. They only have 1 MCU movie which is typically where they make most of their money. I really don’t see the new Alien film, Planet of the Apes film, Inside Out 2, or Mufasa or any of the other films releasing carrying them back to the number 1 spot. I could be wrong though.

Back