He is the Law! 1/6 Xensation Judge Dredd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol will see, at least X is the only manufacturer who is trying to play with his cards open instead of releasing "just nobody's 1/6 head made by no one not stolen at all for just $32" oops)))

It's a strange coincidence, but a little while before the Xensation news broke, this was posted on the OneSixthKit BST Facebook page:

[h=5]Ian Smith[/h]4 May at 15:09
Who would like to see this get made?

Just coincidence, Ian just a collector, who wanted Dredd for a long time. He used that pic from one of my client's collection as an example - he could have used Medicom's one lol

We kind of need an accurate Stallone sculpt here, seeing as most of the movie Sly decided to dispense with the helmet. That must of cheesed off 2000AD, more then unlicensed Dredd figures?

Latest update:

KGHobby Toys & Models
29 mins ·
arriving next week!! if you have pre ordered , stay tuned on your email and PayPal

No idea what this thing will look like at production, but he was only $119.99 delivered at pre-Brexit exchange rate (£82.94).

Ooh, cant wait to see how this turned out.
Always had a bit of a love hate relationship with the movie but I did think Stallone was well cast as Dredd.

Kit opened one up. Can't see much...

17202916_683429065169512_51933640528674727_n.jpg

Cool pic :duff
Looks decent enough, Wonder if the Stallone sculpts bears any resemblance? Anyway the look of Dredd in the 95' movie was pretty good imo.
Hopefully KG Hobby will send mine next week, they posted the fig on their FB.

I ordered from KG as well.

The only images from Xensation of the sculpt have been these:

15965851_1809134709346934_776381142862984142_n.jpg

33250360871_3d680623b6_o.jpg

33250360781_702cfb198d_o.jpg

I'm not holding out much hope for the sculpt, but the figure was too cheap not to buy, especially back when it went up for pre-order.

I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprised...and content that it didn't cost $754. :thud:

My feelings exactly :hi5:

Thanks for the updates

Looks ok for the price. Some of the detailing is a bit crude, but a touch of paint should help a lot. The ridge on the helmet should be blue and a black wash on the metal parts will bring out the detail. Headsculpt is okay, since it can't really be displayed without the helmet.

The same rough casting is apparent as on their earlier photo, even though these are supposed to be from the original Scaletta moulds.

But as you say, a black wash should help.

I think its a decent likeness, obviously can only be used for a helmet on Dredd. I was only planning on posing it with the helmet on anyway, even though Stallone appears without the helmet for 3/4 of the movie. I will probably do a little paint app on the sculpt to.

Ideally a second head would of been better, with hair and ears. :lol

The paint on the armour & helmet looks a bit sloppy but for £80 I'm not that bothered.

I think its a decent likeness, obviously can only be used for a helmet on Dredd. I was only planning on posing it with the helmet on anyway, even though Stallone appears without the helmet for 3/4 of the movie. I will probably do a little paint app on the sculpt to.

Ideally a second head would of been better, with hair and ears. :lol

For one thing, the lack of detail makes the option of shaving the top of his head an easy one to take if you want the helmet to sit lower.

Looking at stills of Stallone from the film the helmet is sometimes low enough to cover his nose.

stallone-judge-dredd.jpg

Watched the movie again today in readiness for the fig, I think its harshly critiqued. I know there are some weak points like Rob Schneider's comic relief and the studio doing their best to sanitise the violence to get a lower age rating. I think Stallone's ego got in the way of the story telling too and by todays standards it seems like a B movie if anything. Oh and it ticked off the Dredd fan boy a lot.

Having said all that, I still found it a hell of an entertaining movie with lots of action set pieces, I cant believe Stallone's acting credentials were called out either, when all he is playing is a monosyllabic comic book character, I thought he did a great job. I found the movie well paced too. + The ABC Robot was really cool. I wish some movie reviewers would loosen up and stop thinking every movie is made for their particular tastes of how a movie should be made.

Back