He is the Law! 1/6 Xensation Judge Dredd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If not for the original 15 Scarlettas you wouldn't be getting your cheap figure. Give it a rest.

Cost isn't an issue. I could've bought all 15 of the original Scalettas. But that would've broken one of my self-imposed rules - the one about cost vs. value.

I guess there's always the chance to profit later by scalping. But I collect rather than deal in these kind of toys. (The ones I sell are those that are completely outdated). And with the 1/6 market the way it is now recasting is going to be cutting into the value of original art. Or even in this case where the original moulds were allegedly sold without consent to enable a bigger production run.

Also, there's a difference between actively looking for a desired figure, and opportunistically taking the chance to buy something that was of casual interest at a more reasonable price.

It seems as though you can drop into virtually any high end 'Custom' thread, and find paid-up customers still waiting for their goods months after the artist has stopped responding about delays. It's less work to just wait and see what comes up for general sale.

If the present market means there's less original art then in turn that merely means there's less to buy. The world isn't going to change.

He just changed to 'Awaiting Shipment' at KGH.

Looking at my order he cost $94, even though he looks like $95.

d6c137af05f23efdf3819e5222190ec330f47f8db52d3e1807d0bbf6d5dce612.jpg

Yeah my status just changed to that, the fig cost me £64 minus shipping, I'm not gonna complain, maybe if it disintegrates in my hands when I get it. Apart from that I'm cool.

Yeah my status just changed to that, the fig cost me £64 minus shipping, I'm not gonna complain, maybe if it disintegrates in my hands when I get it. Apart from that I'm cool.

There's an update from the Xensation Facebook page:

Xensation Collectibles added 15 new photos.
15 hrs ·

Dredd is shipping now,
the followings are final product photos,
they look really good~

All the metal parts are working out well,
I am sure you will not disappointed ~!!

The chain could have bigger links, and it looks like the inner yellow lining is a completely separate piece which will need futzing.

The suit could be tighter on the torso, which might be as simple as pulling it down, or may need a new body. The Ganghood 1.0 Muscular Body is a possibility as it's a clone of the HT Barney Ross.

Face could do with darker stubble and more shading, and there are parts of the holster strap that need painting black.

But it looks like a workable project for the money.

Xensation head is too small even on standart body, on Ganghood it will look even smaller. Also shoulder armor won't fit on bigger bodies.

The chain could have bigger links, and it looks like the inner yellow lining is a completely separate piece which will need futzing.

The suit could be tighter on the torso, which might be as simple as pulling it down, or may need a new body. The Ganghood 1.0 Muscular Body is a possibility as it's a clone of the HT Barney Ross.

Face could do with darker stubble and more shading, and there are parts of the holster strap that need painting black.

But it looks like a workable project for the money.

Yeah this fig will test out our futzing & modding skills. The sculpt definitely needs a paint up to make it less pale & bring out the stubble.

Yeah the chain links should be bigger, they were bigger in the proto shots of this fig, so Idk why they are not like that now. :dunno Maybe get a cheap necklace of something and substitute it for that.

Last edited:
Got the fig today, pretty happy with him.

DSCF0472_zpsd6dui8ku.jpg

DSCF0473_zpsmy3qvf8y.jpg

DSCF0475_zps1cmsxfsh.jpg

I think this will be a moders dream, touching up the paint app. tightening the clothing, bigger chain etc.

:lecture

Mine arrived today as well. Was out all day so only had a bit of time tonight to tighten up the clothing.

I got the wrinkles out of the legs, arms and sides of the tunic and he looks pretty smart. The two real issues are the paleness of the face and the size of the chain.

You managed to get the helmet down his nose - I didn't even manage to get the helmet off yet. Will have more time tomorrow to see what can be done.

:lecture

Mine arrived today as well. Was out all day so only had a bit of time tonight to tighten up the clothing.

I got the wrinkles out of the legs, arms and sides of the tunic and he looks pretty smart. The two real issues are the paleness of the face and the size of the chain.

You managed to get the helmet down his nose - I didn't even manage to get the helmet off yet. Will have more time tomorrow to see what can be done.

Yeah I will be interested to see any mods people make, the chain should be fairly easy to mod, I will probably paint up the visable part of the sculpt.

The head is glued onto the black plastic on the inside of the helmet & then the plastic is glued onto the helmet, so with a tiny screw driver I separated the plastic from the sculpt, then pulled the head out, I took a bit off the top of the head with a hobby knife and put the helmet back on. The helmet now sits lower down.

For £60 I'm very happy with it.

Can't complain at this price, but there are some obvious flaws. The holster should be clear, not black and doesn't really hold the Lawgiver very well. The boots are completely solid and don't flex. As pointed out, the chain is too fine and the collar should have yellow piping. Here, it's sewn in as an undershirt. The biggest letdown is the helmet. It's made of a soft metal and is not very well defined. The edges around the visor look "wonky" and on mine, the right side was pushed further in than the left, so looked uneven from the front. I can't understand why it was not made from plastic. On the real helmet, the bottom edge slopes upward toward the back, showing the black padding underneath. Here, it remains horizontal. The central ridge should also be blue.

Despite all that, it displays well straight out of the box. My first mod will be to replace the body with one that has double jointed elbows. The big shoulder pad restricts arm movement, so a double jointed elbow should help a lot. I haven't yet figured out how to remove the armour without breaking anything.

Yeah I will be interested to see any mods people make, the chain should be fairly easy to mod, I will probably paint up the visable part of the sculpt.

The head is glued onto the black plastic on the inside of the helmet & then the plastic is glued onto the helmet, so with a tiny screw driver I separated the plastic from the sculpt, then pulled the head out, I took a bit off the top of the head with a hobby knife and put the helmet back on. The helmet now sits lower down.

For £60 I'm very happy with it.

Thanks for the advice on the head attachment. Forewarned is forearmed (with a screwdriver!)

Can't complain at this price, but there are some obvious flaws. The holster should be clear, not black and doesn't really hold the Lawgiver very well. The boots are completely solid and don't flex. As pointed out, the chain is too fine and the collar should have yellow piping. Here, it's sewn in as an undershirt. The biggest letdown is the helmet. It's made of a soft metal and is not very well defined. The edges around the visor look "wonky" and on mine, the right side was pushed further in than the left, so looked uneven from the front. I can't understand why it was not made from plastic. On the real helmet, the bottom edge slopes upward toward the back, showing the black padding underneath. Here, it remains horizontal. The central ridge should also be blue.

Despite all that, it displays well straight out of the box. My first mod will be to replace the body with one that has double jointed elbows. The big shoulder pad restricts arm movement, so a double jointed elbow should help a lot. I haven't yet figured out how to remove the armour without breaking anything.

I don't mind the boots or the body as he'll be more museum pose, but I can see the issue with poseability due to the size of the shoulder armour.

However, I was pleasantly surprised how stable and sturdy he was without a stand, due to the boots and the quality of the body. Before he arrived I thought he might need a new body, but the Xensation/Asmus has good bulk in the limbs.

It does look like the only way to remove the armour is to break the glue on the straps that go under his arms.

The helmet on mine looks square and the lining descends below the edge at the back as it should. Though, for yours shells has shown it's possible to adjust the helmet placing.

I futzed the lining, but it would've been better if it was permanently fixed to the suit collar.

The two things I really want to fix are the sculpt paint and the chain. The latter should be easy.

I'll have to leave the chain for a bit until I can get to the massive stash of jewellery my mum used to deal in. Amongst the costume necklaces there must be something with the right size links.

Did the head/helmet mod. That was fairly simple. The head pulled out using a pair of pliers as there was only a little bit of glue on the very top of it.

Being soft plastic you can just carve away until the head sits in the helmet correctly. I left it so the tip of the nose is just covered by the bottom of the visor and the septum showing beneath.

I think it makes quite an improvement, and the helmet no longer looks like it's perched on top of his head.

32760705934_664b2ffaec_o.jpg

Full review, body swap and head mod plus photoshoot

Another of your really good reviews. :clap

Interesting to see the swap to the Ganghood 1.0 body as I have a spare one. But will stick to the stock Asmus/Xensation, which I think is a Coo Model.

I'll have to leave the chain for a bit until I can get to the massive stash of jewellery my mum used to deal in. Amongst the costume necklaces there must be something with the right size links.

Did the head/helmet mod. That was fairly simple. The head pulled out using a pair of pliers as there was only a little bit of glue on the very top of it.

Being soft plastic you can just carve away until the head sits in the helmet correctly. I left it so the tip of the nose is just covered by the bottom of the visor and the septum showing beneath.

I think it makes quite an improvement, and the helmet no longer looks like it's perched on top of his head.

Before:

33446571182_d904b7ac51_o.jpg

After:

32760705934_664b2ffaec_o.jpg

33446572192_ec6db0f7c4_o.jpg

Yeah, looks much better now, I think the Stallone sculpt is not that bad, will be interesting to see if we get a Sly sculpt from a 3rd party company, to go with this fig.
I will definitely be swapping out the chain with a chunkier one.

I always liked the Xensation Riddler & Two Face from Batman Forever, they are a lot of money on eBay now.

Overall I am well pleased that I ordered this. Looks great in the Detolf & with a few tweaks I'm sure it will look even better. :duff

Back