He is the Law! 1/6 Xensation Judge Dredd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great in the Detolf & with a few tweaks I'm sure it will look even better. :duff

I'm just finishing making a new collection room ready. Part of it is for ten Detolfs. Never had any before but they looked like good value. Eight are up, just two to go, and they're looking nice. Xensation Dredd had the honour of being the first figure to try one out, and he did look good in there!

I'm just finishing making a new collection room ready. Part of it is for ten Detolfs. Never had any before but they looked like good value. Eight are up, just two to go, and they're looking nice. Xensation Dredd had the honour of being the first figure to try one out, and he did look good in there!

That sounds gr8 buddy. I only got 7 Detolfs. I remember putting up the first one, scrutinising the instructions and taking me an hour to assemble, by the time I put the last one up, I could do it blindfolded, lol.
Remember to post pics of your collection. :hi5:

That sounds gr8 buddy. I only got 7 Detolfs. I remember putting up the first one, scrutinising the instructions and taking me an hour to assemble, by the time I put the last one up, I could do it blindfolded, lol.
Remember to post pics of your collection. :hi5:

Just finished the last one and it's looking nice in there. I know what you mean about the instructions. At first you double check and triple check everything and you look at the pile of boxes and think you're never going to get there. By the lend you're wondering what all the fuss was about.

I have figures spread over two rooms at the moment so I'm planning what I take in there. Never had so much space before, but I do have a lot of figures on pre-order.

Finishing the new room has coincided by accident with news I've been awaiting for over four-and-a-half years - a big inheritance from a relative who died in America has finally been received by our UK lawyer. Brexit helped to keep Sterling low and for a long time it's been a double-edged sword: wanting a bad exchange rate to maximise the incoming dollars (while wondering if it was ever going to arrive at all), and biting the bullet with the bad rate on purchases from the US and Hong Kong.

I could retire now, but have decided to carry on working one day a week clearing the mass of stock the business has built up (antiques and collectables). Selling it cheap already, after I got the word that the money was coming soon, is bringing in cash for more toys. Continuing to do that will take away the guilt if I decide to splash out on some bigger priced items, such as Blitzway's Ecto-1 if it ever sees the light of day. :lol

Just finished the last one and it's looking nice in there. I know what you mean about the instructions. At first you double check and triple check everything and you look at the pile of boxes and think you're never going to get there. By the lend you're wondering what all the fuss was about.

I have figures spread over two rooms at the moment so I'm planning what I take in there. Never had so much space before, but I do have a lot of figures on pre-order.

Finishing the new room has coincided by accident with news I've been awaiting for over four-and-a-half years - a big inheritance from a relative who died in America has finally been received by our UK lawyer. Brexit helped to keep Sterling low and for a long time it's been a double-edged sword: wanting a bad exchange rate to maximise the incoming dollars (while wondering if it was ever going to arrive at all), and biting the bullet with the bad rate on purchases from the US and Hong Kong.

I could retire now, but have decided to carry on working one day a week clearing the mass of stock the business has built up (antiques and collectables). Selling it cheap already, after I got the word that the money was coming soon, is bringing in cash for more toys. Continuing to do that will take away the guilt if I decide to splash out on some bigger priced items, such as Blitzway's Ecto-1 if it ever sees the light of day. :lol

Congrats on the inheritance, that's the sort of thing that would only happen to me in a game of Monopoly :lol.
Oh a 1/6 Ecto would be very special, I got the HT Delorean and was super happy with it.

Done a little paint app on Sly:

DSCF0479_zpsyuyhgky3.jpg

DSCF0480_zpsa3rdmobp.jpg

DSCF0481_zps6sumjbh7.jpg

Congrats on the inheritance, that's the sort of thing that would only happen to me in a game of Monopoly :lol.

Thanks! It's one of those things I tell myself never happens to me, so when it dragged on year after year with no apparent progress it seemed it was just one of those things that wasn't meant to be. I used to know a guy who would ironically say "living the dream" when something insignificant actually went right for him. Now I have those three words stuck in my head like a catchy tune you can't forget. :lol

shells075 said:
Oh a 1/6 Ecto would be very special, I got the HT Delorean and was super happy with it.

Never bought a 1/6 vehicle because I feel that figures give you more bang for your buck, but the size and opportunity for interior detail would make the Ecto very special.

shells075 said:
Done a little paint app on Sly:

That's a big improvement! You've given life to him.

I used to paint war games miniatures, but only did one 1/6 sculpt - Sideshow's deathly looking Leia which needed a more lifelike tone.

Z4veee.jpg

wmP3k7.jpg

idSoJD.jpg

PJpBZV.jpg

m0xKbE.jpg

PljMpT.jpg

Just in ! A really nice figure ;-)

Gr8 pics :clap
Totally agree, he looks great posed up and with a few minor alterations. I'm just waiting for some chain I got online, that I'm going to replace with the current chain which is a bit thin & long imo then I will take a few more pics. For the price I really feel I got a bargain of a figure, he is already one of my favourite piece in my collection.
Whisper it, but I think I like this design of Dredd more then the Karl Urban version.

Those pics look great. Pizza what did you mod on the figure? I'm assuming you definitely sand down the head sculpt?

Those pics look great. Pizza what did you mod on the figure? I'm assuming you definitely sand down the head sculpt?

Hello thanks. No mod on this figure. I just pressed the helmet a little ...

Wow i wasn't even interested in this figure until you guys posted your pics. :clap

I found some new chain as well, from an old watch fob.

The links looked about the right size and style.

Changing it also enables placing it in the correct position at the collar. It's just tucked in loose so can be lengthened or shortened.

The only problem is, that without attaching it to the uniform, it's a little bulky as it goes over the material.

51e9f17abe64e33918a859bca101f310.jpg

Back