He has arrived!!! Sideshow Wolf Bust :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a little disapointed in the production paint, but otherwise it looks outstanding. A little extra paint work would make it unbelieveable.

From MK:

IMG_2799.jpg

Paint job comparisons

2948_press07-001.jpg

dsc_0078.jpg

2948_press08-001.jpg

dsc0084wk4.jpg

2948_press02-001.jpg

dsc_0085.jpg

Looks like the crown was significantly more black too. Overall the entire skin color was more beige (!?) which made the green around the damaged area pop more. Now with the skin color almost entirely that pale green the scarred area isn't as apparent. Also from the prototype you can see SS originally intended to do the inner mouth veins like the P1 bust.. with the layered effect Dan spoke about. I think the dreads are way better now though. Regardless, it's still an awesome piece. If I had $900+ to blow on a movie bust I'd take this over the P1. And I don't really even like either (Still prefer the P2, why no P2 Bust!?). Congrats to everyone that copped this!

Wow. When you check those pics side by side, there really is a difference. Why doesn't Sideshow just put up pics that look like what you're getting so people don't get disappointed? It's also strange because things like the T2 bust had excellent detail on them and they really pulled off the flesh tones in real life. I know they aren't the same thing, I'm just saying the T2 one pulled off the tiny details/dirt/blood etc.

With that said, I still like the paint job. Even though it is toned down, I think it fits it well.

Nobody can answer my question ??? Was this produced by Sideshow or just distributed by them..Who is the manufacter of this ???

Nobody can answer my question ??? Was this produced by Sideshow or just distributed by them..Who is the manufacter of this ???

Dan answered you.

It's produced by Sideshow and ADI, so yeah it's them.

Sounds like a collab. I'll bet ADI sculpted and the less than stellar paint job occurred in SS's China factory. With a repaint from Rick TPM on the Statue board, this piece would be museum quality.

i think its both... i think sideshow partnered up with AGI (??) to make this. AGI is the company that did all the creature effects in the AVP movies. they also made the awesome AVP 1:1 props.

Paint job comparisons

2948_press07-001.jpg

dsc_0078.jpg

2948_press08-001.jpg

dsc0084wk4.jpg

2948_press02-001.jpg

dsc_0085.jpg

Looks like the crown was significantly more black too. Overall the entire skin color was more beige (!?) which made the green around the damaged area pop more. Now with the skin color almost entirely that pale green the scarred area isn't as apparent. Also from the prototype you can see SS originally intended to do the inner mouth veins like the P1 bust.. with the layered effect Dan spoke about. I think the dreads are way better now though. Regardless, it's still an awesome piece. If I had $900+ to blow on a movie bust I'd take this over the P1. And I don't really even like either (Still prefer the P2, why no P2 Bust!?). Congrats to everyone that copped this!

ummmm what??? are you serious??? look at that paint job :mad::mad::mad: this is significantly different than what is shown in the prototype AND the backstage pass. mine arrives tomorrow and once i see this in hand i might be giving SS a phone call demanding a refund. i know most customs cost twice as much, but at least i know the paint will be exact. this is seriously depressing me. :sick

Thanks again guys, glad you like the pics and stuff :)

Oh and for anyone that wants to know, I have #42 of 750. :)

Dan

ummmm what??? are you serious??? look at that paint job :mad::mad::mad: this is significantly different than what is shown in the prototype AND the backstage pass. mine arrives tomorrow and once i see this in hand i might be giving SS a phone call demanding a refund. i know most customs cost twice as much, but at least i know the paint will be exact. this is seriously depressing me. :sick

What do you mean by "ummmm what??? are you serious???" Everyone is pretty much agreeing with you.

OK guys, I don't know if I was just staring at the screen too much yesterday (I'm running on 3 hours sleep atm) but now that I am looking at the photos again vs the Bust sitting right next to me, the photos definitely have a greenish tinge and it's making the bust look greener than it is overall. I apologize for the error. I have now corrected the images and this is accurate to the piece as it looks to the naked eye.

Unfortunately the color correction does not address the mouth or the lack of extra green on the scarring lol!

Dan

I'd do it. It wouldnt be that hard.

When your collection is surrounded by buildups by masters like Joe Dunaway and other top model builders, it would have to look like that otherwise it would be pointless to repaint. An this is a bit big to be sending back and forth for repaints ;)

hehe, I might call you back and say there was an "accident" and some person "broke his mandibles" so i'll have to "fix" them....:D

REGARDLESS OF THE FIGURE.....this is how I repainted my NECA wolf...

TehWolf001.jpg

TehWolf005.jpg

I like that look for o'l wolfy.

Back