HCG Ghostbusters Lifesize Slimer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this sculpt of slimer is not in the film basically. I still love it, I just like honesty

I got the email last week about only 8 remaining from the Limited Edition, hesitated for a few minutes, then ordered one.. Now where to put it?

Does HCG normally do art boxes?

Every piece I've got from them has been a glossy black box with no art on the box except for the replica Batman scowl that one had the bat signal on it but that was it; just a black box with the bat signal on it.

Ok cool I've never bought anything from them obviously, so probably a black box maybe with the GB logo? so how is their QC and quality of the products?

Ok cool I've never bought anything from them obviously, so probably a black box maybe with the GB logo? so how is their QC and quality of the products?

Honestly I have not been impressed. Their terminator chip lighting component felt cheap and started to not work after a couple uses. The Batman cowl's stand (stick) was wobbly and there was some weird faint paint flaws on the cowl. My Terminator half bust paint started to flake off slightly. However, my Underworld Lycan has a very good paint and is a solid piece they definitely use very heavy Polystone for their statues, which I like. I didn't really think I was going to buy anything else from them till this Slimer came out because of previous disappointments, but I also have Neca ET and Gremlin and their "hand" painting isn't very good at all. I'm hoping with the price point and Neca's competition of Slimer at a cheaper price point that they will do better QC and do a great job on the paint on theirs. This is my own personal experience with HCG perhaps someone else has had better.

Max Power

Honestly I have not been impressed. Their terminator chip lighting component felt cheap and started to not work after a couple uses. The Batman cowl's stand (stick) was wobbly and there was some weird faint paint flaws on the cowl. My Terminator half bust paint started to flake off slightly. However, my Underworld Lycan has a very good paint and is a solid piece they definitely use very heavy Polystone for their statues, which I like. I didn't really think I was going to buy anything else from them till this Slimer came out because of previous disappointments, but I also have Neca ET and Gremlin and their "hand" painting isn't very good at all. I'm hoping with the price point and Neca's competition of Slimer at a cheaper price point that they will do better QC and do a great job on the paint on theirs. This is my own personal experience with HCG perhaps someone else has had better.

Max Power

This is disappointing I assumed they were high quality given the price. I hope this turns out to be a hidden gem, I'm surprised you're dropping this kind of money if you weren't happy with them before.

This is disappointing I assumed they were high quality given the price. I hope this turns out to be a hidden gem, I'm surprised you're dropping this kind of money if you weren't happy with them before.

Me too! Please don't let my experience stop you from buying it from HCG if you were considering it perhaps it was just my luck. They are a higher quality company then Neca without a doubt, and the bigger picture is the things that I have from them are nice and of higher quality material than even some of my Sideshow stuff but I just thought they either cut a few small corners here and there or QC could have been better for the money...but that could be said for many other collectible companies out there, too. All in all, my bet is still that their Slimer will be a leap over what Neca will offer based on previous purchases from both companies.

***I do have a YouTube channel you can check out where I review the HCG's Batman Cowl, there you can get an idea of what you can expect from HCG in regards to box art, quality, etc. it's under Max Power-if you need a link let me know****

Best of luck and happy collecting!

Max Power

Got a response from HCG: Slimer's mixed media is that he is made out of fiberglass and resin. So I'm thinking his teeth are the resin part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's keep this thread about Slimer

Ok sure.

Given HCG's past terrible paints that have been unsatisfactory to many paying customers and has given them a reputation even among other producers I wonder how Slimer will look?
I wonder if this Slimer will be worth $1,200 of mine or anyone else's money? I wonder if I should risk my money on this Slimer from this particular company?
Does anyone have any way of helping to evaluate these questions about this Slimer statue from Hollywood Collectibles Group?

I don't like the idea of spending $1,200 to be disappointed by this Slimer.

Are a couple of posts about specific examples of the history of this company's delivered products really irrelevant to this thread about Slimer ?

Members don't congregate here just to positively promote the producers of this Slimer or any other statue.
We come here to share our experiences and figure out how to spend OUR MONEY and without the members this forum is truly nothing even with this Slimer.

Last edited:
Ok sure.

Given HCG's past terrible paints that have been unsatisfactory to many paying customers and has given them a reputation even among other producers I wonder how Slimer will look?
I wonder if this Slimer will be worth $1,200 of mine or anyone else's money? I wonder if I should risk my money on this Slimer from this particular company?
Does anyone have any way of helping to evaluate these questions about this Slimer statue from Hollywood Collectibles Group?

Are a couple of posts about specific examples of the history of this companies delivered products really irrelevant to this thread about Slimer ?

Members don't congregate here just to positively promote the producers of this Slimer or any other statue.
Without the members this forum is truly nothing even with this Slimer.

I'm guessing he'll be at the San Diego Comic Con this year but wonder if he'll make an appearance at Monstercon coming up soon. I do hope that this comes out as good as that proto because this will be my first HCG piece.

I'm guessing he'll be at the San Diego Comic Con this year but wonder if he'll make an appearance at Monstercon coming up soon. I do hope that this comes out as good as that proto because this will be my first HCG piece.

This will be mine too. I did notice on the first picture looks like you can see the uvula and the stand going up through his mouth

Ok sure.

Are a couple of posts about specific examples of the history of this companies delivered products really irrelevant to this thread about Slimer ?

We come here to share our experiences and figure out how to spend OUR MONEY and without the members this forum is truly nothing even with this Slimer.

All good questions! I hope he is done right. I sent a couple more questions their way asking about pictures of the stand, how the stand will work, etc. I hope that Slimer is more solid than just a hollowed out mold like their Batman cowl being held up by a cheap plastic stick that won't even stay straight. I hope that the base stand is nice and that it holds him at the base of Slimer because I wouldn't want to see the stick bar through the mouth like you do on those Batman cowls. All in all I just hope that he is not done in the same hollowed out style as their Batman cowls, I hope they really get this one right.

HCG_Ghostbusters_Slimer_Life_Size_Statue_Main.jpg I think itll b hollow if youi look really close inside his mouth it looks to me like you can see the stand and the uvula there. Just like the batman cowl

Attachments

• HCG_Ghostbusters_Slimer_Life_Size_Statue_1.jpg
    HCG_Ghostbusters_Slimer_Life_Size_Statue_1.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 92
the first one is what Im talking about you gotta zoom in you can see it on the HCG website when you hover over the pic

the first one is what Im talking about you gotta zoom in you can see it on the HCG website when you hover over the pic

Yeah, SmashAdams, you're probably right I kind of see what you are saying. It's not the look that I wanted but I'll have to wait and see how it looks in hand. On the Bats cowl it's super noticeable because their is no face, on Slimer since he does have a face with mouth, lips, teeth it might not be too bad or even noticeable...we will see.

Thanks!

Max Power

Back