HCG Ghostbusters Lifesize Slimer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand why people are bothered by that lack of a buttocks. But I don't think it's that big of a deal. When in display its a non-factor.

despite its shorter life span, I'm considering the NECA version as I can use it as stage prop for my band FUNGHOUL and it can double as a Halloween prop as I run a free over the top Haunted House in my town. that way if it falls over there is no breakage involved (foam filled latex).

If I were just buying a display piece for a collection room, HCG all the way.

I chose this version because it is clear that it comes with a stand and I think having him hover is the way to go. That being said, this boy is supposed to be about 60 pounds. So the neca one may be the way to go for people who want to suspend him as I'm sure he'll be a lot lighter. I know the HCG version is more expensive, but I was also a little peeved to see how neca jumped over the moon with their own prices. Being an owner of ET, a gremlin and the alien egg on the way, jumping from those prices to the price of slimmer is a bit much. I love my neca props, but I also fear for their longevity.

I chose this version because it is clear that it comes with a stand and I think having him hover is the way to go. That being said, this boy is supposed to be about 60 pounds. So the neca one may be the way to go for people who want to suspend him as I'm sure he'll be a lot lighter. I know the HCG version is more expensive, but I was also a little peeved to see how neca jumped over the moon with their own prices. Being an owner of ET, a gremlin and the alien egg on the way, jumping from those prices to the price of slimmer is a bit much. I love my neca props, but I also fear for their longevity.

I too think it's CRAZY how NECA has jumped in price. The first Foam filled latex gremlin I purchased from them I got for about $175. The second one was I think $200. Now Slimer is $600. It's ********. I know he's bigger and has more mass but come on $600 for a foam filled latex prop that's only 3 feet tall. Too much. If this was sold as a Halloween prop, which NECAs essentially is, it wouldn't be ANYWHERE near $600. They wouldn't sell any of these thing ls at $600 at a Halloween store. It's realistically double what it should be. Same with the alien egg. CRAZY pricing on NECA.

I'm going to ask around and see who can hook me up with him at a great price, if I can't get him for a good deal, then no deal. $600 is too much for. I would purchase the Slimer with zero hesitation from NECA if he was in the 300-400 range but $600 is stupid. At least HCG it's limited and solid.

In terms of the latex deteriorating, depending on your environment, there is certainly a chance but I think we will be all good. If they start to break down hit them with some liquid latex and paint. My Gremlins have zero signs of breakdown, only been 3 years. I have latex masks that are 25 years old, meanwhile I have others that are 10 and are brittle and crumbling.

Ex is sold out I ordered the regular, but jumped on that wait list just in case

I mean, if you are going to pay 600 for a big green "foam rubber and latex" Slimer, might as well double it and go all out for a big green "fiberglass and mixed media" Slimer.

One might deteriorate over time, might not and the other wont.
Also one is limited and the other is not or at least I seen nothing about edition size.

Issues I have with it aside, house hunting taking priority at the moment. :D
After that, with the new/more space. :naughty

NECA's version at half the price of HCG's... I guess it really depends on how you plan on using the thing.

I mean, if you are going to pay 600 for a big green "foam rubber and latex" Slimer, might as well double it and go all out for a big green "fiberglass and mixed media" Slimer.

One might deteriorate over time, might not and the other wont.
Also one is limited and the other is not or at least I seen nothing about edition size.

Issues I have with it aside, house hunting taking priority at the moment. :D
After that, with the new/more space. :naughty

Completely agree

NECA's version at half the price of HCG's... I guess it really depends on how you plan on using the thing.

True, but outside of a prop to be used in an haunted house / around Halloween, what other use are getting out of him? haha

New to the conversation; I went with the HCG one! Been waiting for a 1:1 one since a kid not going to cheap out on this one. Also, I had the Neca Gremlins and still have the ET, their good but as always, and to be expected from Neca, sloppy paint job and sloppy seams throughout the molds of the characters, but what the heck they were reasonably priced for what you got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New to the conversation; I went with the HCG one! Been waiting for a 1:1 one since a kid not going to cheap out on this one. Also, I had the Neca Gremlins and still have the ET, their good but as always, and to be expected from Neca, sloppy paint job and sloppy seams throughout the molds of the characters, but what the heck they were reasonably priced for what you got.

Yeah me too! Ghostbusters has always been a movie that my family just had on, I've watched it probably 100 times lol so I'm going with the best I can get my hands on. Neca is awesome and I'm a huge fan of their stuff but HCG got me with this one

Cool and all and i might have considered it but at that price me thinks not...:wave

Hey guys I've sent an email to HCG about Slimer's rear end, curious to see what they say. This is what I sent them:

Curios on the claim of accuracy of this sculpt to the movie character because the character in the movie did have butt cheeks. The Slimer that was in the movie did have a buttock and in this mold it has been erroneously removed. Now perhaps this is a prototype but I'm hoping that the real released version will have the correct back side posture as to stay true to its movie counterpart. Will HCG make that correction on its released version? Because for the money you are asking for on a true to the movie Slimer I believe the character should be represented in his entirely correct form.

Please advise as many collectors are discussing this blatant omission on such a beloved character that is commanding such a price tag. Thank you, and I'm looking forward to your response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys I've sent an email to HCG about Slimer's rear end, curious to see what they say. This is what I sent them:

Curios on the claim of accuracy of this sculpt to the movie character because the character in the movie did have butt cheeks. The Slimer that was in the movie did have a buttock and in this mold it has been erroneously removed. Now perhaps this is a prototype but I'm hoping that the real released version will have the correct back side posture as to stay true to its movie counterpart. Will HCG make that correction on its released version? Because for the money you are asking for on a true to the movie Slimer I believe the character should be represented in his entirely correct form.

Please advise as many collectors are discussing this blatant omission on such a beloved character that is commanding such a price tag. Thank you, and I'm looking forward to your response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well that was quick here is their response not sure why the licensor would care perhaps it was too risqué showing Slimer's butt cheeks...????

"The Licensor made the change. This is the final version."

Yeah I got the same response but they wouldn't answer the official movie mold question

Yeah I got the same response but they wouldn't answer the official movie mold question

Wonder if Neca's will leave out the butt cheeks too. Can't tell with their strategic photos of Slimer omitting any back pictures.

What was your official movie mold question to them?

Why are they are saying they used a screen used prop mold

That's disappointing but it appears that their hands were tied if it was the licensor that forced them to not include the full mold. Oh well, still getting him as I've been waiting for a 1:1 scale Slimer since I was a kid. Neca will likely do the same for theirs, I'm thinking.

Anyone thinking on getting the Neca version should ask them too just to see what they say.

I've sent HCG another question about what they meant on their mix media-what part of him is mix media and what the material will be since it is obvious it's not clothing. We'll see what they say.

Back