HCG Alien Queen life size wallburster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of anguish would’ve been avoided had the Queen featured REMOVABLE SIDE COWLS...you know, like it’s hands and teeth.

Even though I could do repairs as well, I’m not. If my Queen arrives damaged, it’s going back, I’m not tolerating a scratch on that thing. If I lose my deposit and some back penalties, I don’t care, I’m too OCD about such things.

But I appreciate you helping fellow Queen buyers, you are doing a ton of good work here, thank you.

Thanks man. We are a small community of collectors for this type of stuff, and I think it's awesome we all help each other out.

Exactly... 👍

You have a good eye for making videos too.

I love your CoolProps 1/3 Big Chap. Not crazy about the plexiglass display case though...collects dust and takes too much space. If I were to get it, the Big Chap would be displayed by itself...and the plexiglass cabinet will be set aside in storage.

Here’s an unlicensed Queen head on Etsy...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/673823...een&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1

No information on this brand new seller on Etsy, but just sold on eBay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Queen-Alie...m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

It’s actually well made, even that side cowl has a tendon connected to the chin...pretty cool looking.

But this one is terrible. They are asking a grand for hollow rubber...then the customer has to add expanding foam to give it shape...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/609390...f=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

Please, lol...

Don’t even start with “unlicensed” stuff here. Lol

Burtial excellent as usual, I think I’m gonna roll the dive and try to get a hold of one.

Yeah, I know...I don’t like bootleg crap either, lol. I just posted to show how much superior licensed items are to unlicensed crap.

However, garage model kits are cool, as long as they are not recasts...

Don’t even start with “unlicensed” stuff here. Lol

Burtial excellent as usual, I think I’m gonna roll the dive and try to get a hold of one.

Yeah, I have not cancelled mine either...customer service looks like they paid attention to Burtial, they are seriously working on the shipping problem.

They were cordial and up front with me too.

It’s too unique and spectacular of a piece to just dismiss it...I’m taking the chance too...

I’m going back and forth with HCG...they are very cool on responding to my every question. I won’t post all the details, just the following, so if you are considering buying the Queen, you’ll have some assurances and piece of mind.

———

From HCG:

Hi Hector,

We have taken care of the issues and the people involved, and fortunately it has been a rare occurrence. As I said, I am also taking steps regarding all future shipments to “delivery-proof” them more.

These are all fully insured as well, so any damages that may occur will not be at your expense.

In the unfortunate event of an accident, we will get everything taken care of as expeditiously as possible and with the minimum inconvenience to our customers. We do not expect our customers to have to accept anything less than a product they are happy with.

I look forward to continuing to be of service to you.

Regards
CB

———-

Looks like an ace company too me. I’ve own only one other HCG item, the Alien Derelict Ship. It arrived in fantastic condition and it’s a great piece, I love it....

That first one is mine Galactusz :).Hope any new arrivals arrive safely for you all.

I posted in your YouTube video... :)

Man, I’m blown away by your room...friggin awesome...

Thanks for posting a second video...

:wave

51110326_10161846118835497_8610702713086279680_n.jpg
51741934_10161846118360497_4396014480471883776_n.jpg

This is my old girl. I got it on Ebay about 10 years or so ago (perhaps even longer!). It's a different sculpt to some of the other ones I've seen. It was made by a guy called '3DWizart', I think. When I first ordered it, it came in about a million broken pieces. Someone had a real happy time smashing it to bits on its way to me! Thankfully the guy was incredibly kind and sent me another one. That too came damaged, but nowhere near as badly. As you can see from the (rather poor) photos, it is in need of some repairs and perhaps a new paint job. It is made from fiberglass as far as I can tell, with translucent plastic teeth. I don't really know how the sculpt compares directly to the original, but I like it. It has been in storage for as long as I can remember. One day I might give her the TLC she needs.

To all those who bought the HCG Wall Queen.

Can you provided the measurements of the back hanging holes...

4AA25803-096A-495B-884E-BB2F1D001A84.jpeg

I took a pic of the YouTube video...and added white lines illustrations to point out what I’m talking about.

Requesting length between holes...and requesting length from hole to brim of sculpture.

That would be of tremdeous help...because I have limited wall space and want to screw it on the proper wall studs.

Thanks!

695mm wide
The mounts are 100mm in from the edge on each side.
Looking at an 110mm drop from the top.

The space between the two holes behind the wall mount is 16”

Wall studs are for the most part 16” on center. Unless you have an older home, then it may be 2’ on center.

Once you have found your first stud, then you can usually just pull 16” on center from it. Every stud should land on 16” center of stud.

But then Of course not all walls are created perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys!

But I’m still a tad confused...

How wide is exactly the square sculpture?

The Chaver, if the mounting holes are 16 inches apart...and if the mounting hole to edge is near 4 inches...

Then that makes the total width 24 inches.

But INFECDEAD states that the width is 27 inches.

I thought the sculpture was 32 inches wide...

Back