HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what you're thinking of, Jon stabs a lot of people
At the very end of the trailer after he says "I've done plenty wrong", the guy he stabs looks a lot like
Spoiler Spoiler:

I suppose it could just be a random wildling, but man it looks so much like him.

Maybe I'm just seeing things. :dunno

At the very end of the trailer after he says "I've done plenty wrong", the guy he stabs looks a lot like
Spoiler Spoiler:

I suppose it could just be a random wildling, but man it looks so much like him.

I don't think it is .... It's most likely that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That would be weird

Spoiler Spoiler:

She's not really in the books much, I don't know what they can do with her

True, but she has some good stuff coming up this season :)
Spoiler Spoiler:

It seems like the world is again building up with the ecstasy for the next Game of thrones season 4.The most awaited fourth season of the Game of Thrones is planned to be scheduled on April 6, 2014, on HBO. It is based on the second half of “A Storm of Swords” by George R.R.Martin.
But there is a way to watch it two weeks early since HBO has put 7000 tickets on sale at $15 and the event will also feature hollywood movie costumes and props.

Those tickets were sold out the same day they went up for sale.

Btw, new trailer next Tuesday, 3/18, to coincide with the red carpet premiere.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That little girl and a dwarf are the best characters in this entire saga!

I have to hand it to Martin for writing such rich, relatable characters. You'd think a little girl and a dwarf would be the least exciting characters in a fantasy series with knights and dragons and such, but the opposite is true. Tyrion or Ayra are frankly the two that need to be on the throne. Neither of them want it, but they would by far to the most good. Dany is to revengeful and power hungry to make a good ruler.

I pretty much agree with this. I just went through all 3 seasons recently for the first time. At first I was not drawn in AT ALL. I was pretty much ready to give up after the first 2 episodes. Now I'm interested in what happens, but I have to admit that I'm not enjoying it. What bothers me about the show is how many terrible things happen to good people. The first few episodes (and most of the series) was just too much dumping on the Starks. Now I can kind of see it that you had to watch all these terrible things happen to them (and everyone else), to make their rise that much more satisfying. However, after the Red Wedding everything is even more up in the air. I also have to say that I have pretty much become desensitized over the "shocking" things that happen to the characters. When the Red Wedding happened, I was like, "of course :|" So now those events have made me curious to see where the show goes and who are the true protagonists of the series.

And like Buttmunch, I pretty much only like Arya, Tyrion, and also Brienne of Tarth. If/when something tragic happens to them, I may give up the show. Although I'm not so rough on Dany. She's a good character and I think even though she had those initial feeling of entitelment, she has done more than enough to deserve the throne. I think she is only vengeful to those who have wronged her, and I think her desire for power comes from a place where she wants to stick it to all the other evil rulers out there.

I feel similarly to you about some of this, Lu. Breaking Bad is another one that was a GREAT show, but damn if I didn't feel bad after the end of most episodes considering how horrible the characters were, what they were doing to each other, and the fact that there didn't seem to be any genuine hope on the horizon :lol I also feel that GOT makes you desensitized to stuff at a certain point. Hannibal has also done that to me to some extent, as the gruesome murders just seem less shocking several episodes in than they did earlier on.

It's kind of realistic how bad things happen to good people because they don't want to do bad things just to survive. But that doesn't mean bad guys are always going to be ahead. While they're more willing to do stuff to survive and get ahead, that also means they have a lot more enemies.

I feel similarly to you about some of this, Lu. Breaking Bad is another one that was a GREAT show, but damn if I didn't feel bad after the end of most episodes considering how horrible the characters were, what they were doing to each other, and the fact that there didn't seem to be any genuine hope on the horizon :lol I also feel that GOT makes you desensitized to stuff at a certain point. Hannibal has also done that to me to some extent, as the gruesome murders just seem less shocking several episodes in than they did earlier on.

Oh boy, don't tell me that! I'm just starting Breaking Bad too! I just finished the first season and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm really liking Hannibal as well. You're right--the murders seem less gruesome, and it's a little frightening at how actually beautiful they can look! The new BSG was another show that I never really enjoyed watching. Too much bad crapping on good people. There's just so much of it a person can stand. I watched it like I was taking medicine.

It's kind of realistic how bad things happen to good people because they don't want to do bad things just to survive. But that doesn't mean bad guys are always going to be ahead. While they're more willing to do stuff to survive and get ahead, that also means they have a lot more enemies.

That's all true. But Martin is also making it that even the most despicable characters have a "good" side to them. That is certainly good writing, I'll give him that. But it makes it difficult to find anyone to root for! For instance, I never thought I could feel sympathy for Jamie after all he's done, but after saving Brienne I have to give him a pass.

I was just about to say the new trailer is out on Facebook but I don't know how to embed it :lol

It's a great one though so someone please post it.

Back