HBO's Boardwalk Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently the show is to run up until Capone becomes the mob boss of Chicago. Saw an interview and they reckon there are several more seasons yet. Also Harrow will play a major role now, almost filling jimmys shoes. I am more than happy with this choice. Amazing character.

Apparently the show is to run up until Capone becomes the mob boss of Chicago. Saw an interview and they reckon there are several more seasons yet. Also Harrow will play a major role now, almost filling jimmys shoes. I am more than happy with this choice. Amazing character.

It will continue if they still get good rating for season 3, then they will go from there. I am also Glad richard will still be around, hopefully we will see him become happy, he's to damn sad of a character the way he stands.

I still say Jimmy was killed because of behind the scenes drama, i just don't see the stroy making that the only decision.

yeah I heard that too.
I read this finale aired:
https://insidetv.ew.com/2011/12/12/michael-pitt/
"'The exit might cause some to wonder about an industry rumor in October, when Pitt split with his talent agent amid a claim the actor was 'difficult' to work with, but Winter said that description is 'absolutely not true.' 'Michael is a total professional,' Winter says. 'He’s intense, of course, but I don’t think you can do that job without being intense.' Pitt said,'I’m confident that I will be judged by my performance and not by the ‘he said, she said.'

Looking back on his time on the show, Pitt writes, 'Every morning I remember thinking that it is so amazing to wake up in Brooklyn, drive 20 minutes to a set, and work with such excellent professionals.' "

I really doubt that's the reason why his character was killed. I stand by my previous post. I think it was a really well done,ballsy move by the writers. I feel like it gave the character good closure with everything that has happened. You also had the two main characters going head to head...something was going to happen.

My only complaint is that it could have been nice to see a bit more of a battle between the two. It was sort of a quiet season for that sort of thing. very politics heavy.

Richard's my favorite character on the show. I hope he sticks around.

Solid season premiere.

And like Wofford, I've mentioned that Richard is my favorite character on the show as well. Great stuff with him last night.

Spoiler Spoiler:

^ I was surprised too.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought it would be hard to watch the show without Jimmy, but I really loved this episode. I've been hoping that Richard will become a bigger part of the show and it looks like he is. Awesome character.

I hope he ends up blowing Gillian's head off at some point. :lol

I think Richard definitely has lines he won't cross. I don't think he would kill a woman, and like Omar from another classic HBO series, he won't kill anyone not involved in the "game".

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also, I hope to attend a New Year's party like that sometime in my life.

stoked empire is back.
already hating Rosetti but damn if he isn't gonna make things interesting, for how long is the question.

I'm starting to hope Margaret is the next one to get a shotgun blast to the face. The show comes to a grinding halt whenever she's onscreen.

Starts saturday on sky atlantic at 10pm cant wait i do think they made a mistake killing of jimmy so early on though it wont stop me from enjoying the program i do think his character was worth keeping

Man, Rosetti's a frickin' 12-year old girl. You can't say anything to him without him getting all butt hurt.

Great line though, when Nucky says not to take everything "personally".

"We're all persons right? How else am I suppose to take it?" :lol

I'm going to use that the next time someone tells me not to take something personally.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm a fan of the Gyp Rosetti character, way too 1-dimensional. That's screentime that would be better spent on Al Capone and Richard Harrow.

Back