HBO's Boardwalk Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like him, seems like he'll ultimately just be a small distraction but he's certainly an interesting type.

I really like how even though he was a prick about it and had some sort of alterior motive w/ Gillian to Nucky's face, he seemed to really genuinely agree to his terms until he had time to rethink it with a clear head in the car ride back, and immediately let his temper get the better of him and change his mind. He's very paranoid and it works well.

Is it just me or is this show not that good anymore? I swear, if I have to see one more scene with Margaret and her women's health clinic. :monkey4

The only thing that held my interest this week was the Al Capone storyline.

I have a question. Last week that new guy set the guy on fire with the gasoline. Why did he do that?

I'm liking the show, I still think it's one of the best on television. I love Al Capone, but I'm glad we see him in spurts. I think it makes me appreciate his scenes more when I don't see him for the majority of every episode. It was a nice dimension to his character seeing his relationship with his son. I've read books on Capone growing up, and he was an interesting character.

I'm still into it...and I like Gyp. I think his hot-headed-ness and his charm are fun to watch on screen. He does have some lines that I think are very memorable, such as "everyone is a person though, so how else could they take it but personally?". IT just sounds cool when he says ignorant things at times. I think he may end up biting more than he can chew this season, but he's a nice wildcard for the show.

I want to see how Chawky White is going to play into things. He's another character I like.

And Grant, Gyp torched the sheriff last week because the sheriff was in Nucky's pocket and was allowing them passage to transport the booze. By killing him, Gyp disrupted that pathway, took control of the region, and sent a message. As you see from tonight's episode, the new sheriff has fallen right in line.

Is it just me or is this show not that good anymore? I swear, if I have to see one more scene with Margaret and her women's health clinic. :monkey4

The only thing that held my interest this week was the Al Capone storyline.

I have a question. Last week that new guy set the guy on fire with the gasoline. Why did he do that?

Only three weeks into the season, but I feel that this season has been listless as well.

Best thing about last night's episode was Capone's interaction withg his son. I'm not a sappy SOB, but to see him try to toughen up his son and hold him after he realized he was scaring his son was a good emotional moment.

From the looks of the preview for next week's episode, it looks like Rothstein will align with Rossetti...but we've seen the Rothstein vs. Thompson dynamic before in Season 1.

"paper boy" did a pretty good job for a new, missed Rossetti, but good shooting and running. :lol

Enough with the female clinic . . .

nucky really oughta hire richard to be his hitman. in general, he should hire people that do their job right. He is looking super weak this season. Both professionally and personally. I guess shooting jimmy in the face really had an effect on him.

Yes, please move on with Margaret's stupid storyline. What the hell does that stupid clinic have to do with prohibition. More on Capone being the mobster we all know and read about please.

Yes, please move on with Margaret's stupid storyline. What the hell does that stupid clinic have to do with prohibition. More on Capone being the mobster we all know and read about please.

I think once they got Margaret together with Nucky at the end of the first season, they just had absolutely no idea what to do with her character after that. Everything they've done with her since feels like grasping. It's a shame because I really liked that character in the first season, but unfortunately both she and Nucky have been rather poorly written and have become much less interesting since.

I actually don't mind Margaret's storyline. Yes, this is a crime drama, but for me, I see it more as a period piece.

Of course, I would prefer a straight crime drama, but the creators would then need to define their scope. Stephen Graham is a fantastic actor that does a fantatsic job as Al Capone, but if the show focuses too much on him, they stray from their "Boardwalk Empire" concept.

Yeah...I think the issue isn't so much the plot line as much as the character. All the cool characters on the show are like boba fetts...theyre awesome but they have like no screen time.

I'm not hating this season...but I really don't give a damn about any characters (besides harrow and capone)

What a boring episode, did the writers run out of stories to tell? A whole freaking episode with Margaret and her crazy son?!

This shows been incredibly boring the past few episodes, and is getting dominated in the ratings by Walking Dead to the point they may actually have to start worrying. I have been favoring WD over this myself and haven't even gone back to catch up on these past 2 weeks Boardwalks that I missed.

That's what happens when you focus on characters nobody cares about. Does anyone still want to see Gillian without Jimmy? Billie Kent, who give a ****? Where's Capone? Where's Chalky? We finally got to see more of Harrow, and it was totally wasted screentime. I fear the writers are clueless at this point.

Back