HBO's Boardwalk Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to the damn member who dropped the spoiler of Jimmy dying, thanks for that. I shouldn't of popped in this thread, l saw that and now l am pissed. l have only seen the first 2 episodes of season 2 because l want to waite to watch the first on dvd then watch season 2 on the computer.

Why the hell did they kill him off. He is one of my favorite characters, not sure if the show will be as strong now for season 3. He is like Christopher from the Sopranos, it just isn't the same without him.

And no one say how he died l at least want that to be a surprise. Not sure if l can come back in this thread for a while.

Man, sorry it got ruined for you...but why did you click on the spoiler?!?!?

The sentence l read about it had no spoiler icon (thanks glactiboy), that is why l am pissed off.:gah:. I stayed away from reading paragraphs because l didn't want to read anything that might spoil something, then saw galactiboy sentence and glanced over it and bam, now l am pissed. I should have just stayed out of this thread.

Last edited:
Why? There's no indication of "No Spoilers" anywhere, and as a discussion thread, why would people neglect to talk about one of the biggest things that happened? Just for the record, I'm a few episodes behind, so it spoiled it for me, too, but that's my fault for clicking IMO, and it really doesn't take away from my experience, other than toning down the shock factor a bit.

Yea, discussion threads are going to have spoilers. :dunno

I gave up on The Walking Dead thread because it was nothing but stacks of endless spoiler tags. . . .

I don't know why they decided to kill him off, he is like the second main character, not sure how strong season 3 will be now with him gone.

When l first heard Michael Pitt was in this two years ago l was like that sucks l don't really like that guy, now here l am mad he's gone. I liked him in this.

He was good, I was really shocked when I read it, I do think it would be both ironic and make for some interesting stories later on, if Nuckie took Jimmy's son under his wing, but I doubt it, so long as Mama Darmody's in the picture. I really hope to see more of "Munya" though, as he may be my new favorite character.

I don't know why they decided to kill him off, he is like the second main character, not sure how strong season 3 will be now with him gone.

I wouldn't even call him the second main character, he was the co-lead imo. The story was every bit as much about him as Nucky. I guess that's why, despite the clues, it just didn't occur to me that they would kill him off. I'm having a hard time imagining what the show will be like without him, it's like half the story is gone.

The last to episode were so bad... I hate Margaret's character now... especially after she was so well written in the start of the season... This season was amazing and then dropped the ball hard. Nucky's excuse that Jim re-enlisted was pathetic and Margaret's Irish Catholic guilt with the deed... Kill her off! God what a ____ plot this will be!

I wouldn't even call him the second main character, he was the co-lead imo. The story was every bit as much about him as Nucky. I guess that's why, despite the clues, it just didn't occur to me that they would kill him off. I'm having a hard time imagining what the show will be like without him, it's like half the story is gone.

Totally agree. I think this was a decision that will come back to bite them. There are of course other good characters, but why the hell kill one the main characters off. He should of been killed toward the end of the series, it was His character and Nucky that are the building blocks of the show, so l think they kind of chopped one of their legs off.

The sentence l read about it had no spoiler icon (thanks glactiboy), that is why l am pissed off.:gah:. I stayed away from reading paragraphs because l didn't want to read anything that might spoil something, then saw galactiboy sentence and glanced over it and bam, now l am pissed. I should have just stayed out of this thread.

Hey man, I only typed it outside of spoilers after it had clearly been stated by others openly as well. I hate spoilers as much ast he next guy, trust me... but thank some of the others who broke the ice :lol

I think I talked about Jimmy before GalactiBoy did. In other threads most people talk about episodes that have already aired. Spoilers should be things that have NOT aired. People should also be sensitive to the fact that the east coasters get to watch the episodes a few hours before the west coasters.

I always stay out of the thread on the night an episode occurs. Once the episode has aired people should be able to discuss it though. It is a bummer that Jimmy was spoiled for some but I would stay away from a discussion thread if I was not caught up. Just my opinion.

Again, you all should check out this article. (If you are all caught up :) )
https://insidetv.ew.com/2011/12/11/boardwalk-empire-finale/

I think general etiquette (read this from another thread, and I think from Darklord Dave himself) is that two days after something has been aired, spoilers are no longer needed. :dunno

I myself err on the side of caution and use spoilers all the time, but still, as others have said, be forewarned when coming into a discussion thread.

I think it's exciting that they killed off jimmy. He was my favorite character for sure. I think it was really wonderfully written and they made his exit very very dramatic. Its like miserably beautiful. It was a huge surprise but it doesn't feel like cheap writing. Everything lead up to that with the character in hindsight..especially the last couple episodes. He was already a dead man walking and that makes total sense.

I especially like the scene where harrow snipes the guy in the diner from season one even more now. The little monologue jimmy tells that guy about the war..people clinging to life desperately against all odds..it kinda sums up his understanding of death. he was willing to go off to war and he is willing to have jimmy shoot him right in the face. the only thing keeping him half alive was his hopes for his family.

I don't agree with the idea that it's gonna come back to bite them. It's the second season..they are still developing what the show is going to be. Al capone is not even at the top of his game yet for christs sake.

I mean..it's a big move. It tells me that the writers are capable especially capable of doing big things. There will be more characters...and we still have harrow.

There's plenty more to come...it just feels super bitter right now.

Had a feeling at the end of the finale like "that's it no more Boardwalk Empire for me".
But after reading Richard Harrow will still be in it i am curious on how he is going to grow in the series.
Hopefully he sticks Around with Jimmy's mother an looks out for Tommy.

Kinda got a feeling "Munya" is going to catch a bullet from Richard,for killing of Angela.
Was obvious he had a little soft spot for her secretly.

The last to episode were so bad... I hate Margaret's character now... especially after she was so well written in the start of the season... This season was amazing and then dropped the ball hard. Nucky's excuse that Jim re-enlisted was pathetic and Margaret's Irish Catholic guilt with the deed... Kill her off! God what a ____ plot this will be!

Margaret was easily the biggest disappointment of the second season to me. She was so great in the first season, but I think she suffered from the same curse that lot of characters in a "will they/won't they?" love affair storyline fall victim to. Once the writers finally got her and Nucky together, I just don't think they knew what to do with her after that.

I liked when she banged the irish dude while nucky got shot in the hand. That was about it. she's been pretty lame since then.

Well l rewatched season 1 then season 2, here is my take on the series so far.

I think the whole Nucky and Jimmy relationship was botched from the very first episode. In that episode Jimmy disappointed Nucky and killed their relationship to the point he had to go away, then Nucky goes to Chicago to get him just to use him to kill people for him. l say they should of been really tight and love each other for the entire first season (build their relashionship) then have it start to fall apart in the second (we never saw them being close) and have all out war in the third season not in the second. I feel like the series is being very rushed.

Margarate is a boring character, she was good in the first, but was not enjoyable in the second.

Nucky wasn't even gangster in the second season, just a guy trying to get through his legal troubles.

Jimmy never should of been killed, he is the second main character and there is a piece of the show missing now. If season 2 went better they could have done lots with his character.

The cop Van holden (how ever you spell it) is pretty much gone now, he is on the run, so his character might be useless now.

I wanted to see Richard grow with Jimmy, see him making money (be on top for a while) get a new prosthetic face meet a girl and find some happiness, he is to sad of a character.

I think season 2 went in the wrong direction. something tells me season 3 might be the last.

There is a rumor that michael Pitt was fired from the show for being difficult and being dropped by his agent or something like that, who knows if it's true. I can believe it though.

Last edited:
Back