Hasbro Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been fun following this build and looking forward to the photos of the finished piece :D

Your premise of the "Old flame" sounds great than your A Typical trooper.
From my understanding and akin to the Snowtroopers. Officer ranks could be worn on the armour? I know EU did but no idea if that actually is the case for the films.
Same as IMHO an Officers cap/crew cap could be worn with lids off.
Again NOT seen in the film BUT i honestly do not see why this could not be the case.

Here we go...first few.

2013-05-15143600_zps4945dc26.jpg

2013-05-15143714_zps749bce35.jpg

2013-05-15143811_zpse0cf52e2.jpg

2013-05-15143945_zps439f1138.jpg

2013-05-15144014_zps36649628.jpg

2013-05-15144059_zpsec3dddad.jpg

2013-05-15144116_zpsd8568189.jpg

Think I might ditch the Intruder droid as it gets in the way and detracts from the focus of the figure and bike. Please let me know what you think.

Hope you like it. I am so happy with it and how it turned out. Will look great on the living room table.

I took nearly 40 pics, and have to edit each one, so will crack on starting from the first so there may be duplicates.

Must do my VAT first so probably more tomorrow, sorry people. I do not mean to tease...just need to sort company finances fist....a bit more important.

Lol! You could say that I have been stalking this thread.i have it opened up on my iPhone so I just refresh it when I get chance, and all of a sudden there's pics of this bad a$$ speeder bike diorama!

That was the initial intention and the image that sparked this build...but as the build progressed, I wanted something more dynamic...to show off the Troopers as the elite force within the Imperial army. ( see earlier in thread ).

The idea here is that this Trooper is " an old salt" or "old flame" Military expressions meaning an older, experienced soldier...seen it all. Such a soldier would be a leader of men and highly respected fighters.

Here's a question, within the Star Wars movies, are there ways of differentiating between ranks? How can you tell one rank from another when in say SW, all the Storm Troopers appeared to be identical?

The " rank system " within Stormtroopers is an interesting question . I've always taken it that the Stormtroopers are ALL the same rank , but have "Squad Leaders" . The officers "in charge " would be the "Grey Suited " guys , who are ranked in general military terms , such as "Captain" , "Commander" etc .
( I do have a chart featuring the different ranks , but Photobucket is playing silly buggers and won't upload !)

Sneak a few more in

2013-05-15143900_zpsb41aa0ae.jpg

2013-05-15143702_zpsed7b8fbe.jpg

2013-05-15143759_zps9a021af3.jpg

2013-05-15143544_zpsef2c18be.jpg

2013-05-15143830_zpsc9598b8f.jpg

The white gear and the background in sunlight is hard on a mobile phone, but who the hell would wear white in a jungle combat zone!!!! :lol

Anyway must leave you all and do some paperwork.

Toodle Pip !

The photobucket edit software is so inconsistent too so sorry if some pics still look too bright...they didn't when I saved them :gah:

That was the initial intention and the image that sparked this build...but as the build progressed, I wanted something more dynamic...to show off the Troopers as the elite force within the Imperial army. ( see earlier in thread ).

The idea here is that this Trooper is " an old salt" or "old flame" Military expressions meaning an older, experienced soldier...seen it all. Such a soldier would be a leader of men and highly respected fighters.

Here's a question, within the Star Wars movies, are there ways of differentiating between ranks? How can you tell one rank from another when in say SW, all the Storm Troopers appeared to be identical?

The " rank system " within Stormtroopers is an interesting question . I've always taken it that the Stormtroopers are ALL the same rank , but have "Squad Leaders" . The officers "in charge " would be the "Grey Suited " guys , who are ranked in general military terms , such as "Captain" , "Commander" etc .
( I do have a chart featuring the different ranks , but Photobucket is playing silly buggers and won't upload !)

But you need a man on the ground...in the action to be in charge! Weren't the guys in the grey suits on the Star Destroyers?

Awesome!! I just saw the pics of your dio....it's unreal Scallywag. Truly professional work.

If you didn't tell people how you mounted that speeder bike, I would be scratching my head. The foliage is perfect 1/6th scale, the balance and symmetry is spot on!

Gorgeous!

Solo, Big Guy, thanks for the comments...so appreciated.

I must admit that I did not know if it would work...but hey it did, got lucky.

I hope this inspires other dioramas...Imagine a Land Speeder floating with Luke stepping out....go for it!

I had a great time building this..It has been a blast as they say. Will get some more pics up soon.

Any questions fire away.

Salut.

That is some awesome work you've done there. Very professionally. Love the pics! Hoping that SS can come close to your work whenever they release their version

Back