Hasbro Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks amazing! I agree with you about ditching the droid....nice piece but not in this Dio. I would also have him holding the sniper rifle with him griping the hand grip instead of the top. Looking forward to more pics. :clap :hi5: :yess:

Ah-May-Zing! It looks alive. Sooooo... What are you going to tackle next?

Cheers Vegas...next its off to finish my M41A metal ( original parts inc real deactivated shotgun and gas blowback Thompson machine gun )

Just waiting on a part being machined for me then its final assemble and wire her up for the bullet counter.

Then its a scratch build of a flying F1 style futuristic racer which live the Speeder Bike, will be hovering in the pits.

Not sure when I will get back to 1/6th. I love the Sideshow pieces but they are too expensive, when I have so many other interests.

2013-05-15143437_zps42df4e61.jpg

2013-05-15143405_zps467f24c6.jpg

2013-05-15143145_zps7c14c681.jpg

2013-05-15143342_zpsfc6f9539.jpg

2013-05-15143652_zpsb5a0077b.jpg

2013-05-15143526_zps30313948.jpg

2013-05-15143131_zps57e24f35.jpg

2013-05-15143642_zps97ed79cb.jpg

Think thats about the lot!

Glad you all enjoyed it. Many Thanks for all of your comments and thanks for watching along the way.

:hi5: :clap:clap beautiful work may I suggest one finishing touch before you ship it to me :wink1: just a little weathering if you don't want to much just a smidge of green rubbed on the boots even if he's Death Star fresh it wouldn't take 30seconds to have all that greenery to rub on he boots :peace

Looks amazing! I agree with you about ditching the droid....nice piece but not in this Dio. I would also have him holding the sniper rifle with him griping the hand grip instead of the top. Looking forward to more pics. :clap :hi5: :yess:

Hi, I tried that but he struggled and it looked rubbish as a result. Still might ditch the droid though.

:hi5: :clap:clap beautiful work may I suggest one finishing touch before you ship it to me :wink1: just a little weathering if you don't want to much just a smidge of green rubbed on the boots even if he's Death Star fresh it wouldn't take 30seconds to have all that greenery to rub on he boots :peace

Good point well made...weathered everything and forgot the boots!!! Cheers Dude :hi5:

It is an inspiration, just not sure I want an action figure turned into a statue LOL
It is well worth the price though going by this.

Just makes my Boba Fett Speeder bike and dio base (only ONE clear rod holding the bike up) look mundane to the way this actually looks to be repulsorlift technology.

Again Amazing job and I do hope to see others utilise your method in their vehicle dios.

Abso-bloody-lutely superb piece Scallywag ! The attention to detail is exceptional ( that goes without saying ) but what really strikes me is the feeling of movement that you've managed to capture . The trooper genuinely looks like he's been snapped jumping from the bike . Beautiful , simple as that . :clap

Guys (and being politically correct just in case) and Gals

Thank you so much for your fantastic comments. The dio turned out better than I could have hoped. It is sitting in the living room and due to its size, commands attention.

It is an honour to receive such praise from you guys as I have mooched around this site and seen the incredible work you do.

I sort of expected that this would be a goodbye and that I would not do another 1/6 having been there and done that and with having model kits as my main hobby...but then an idea struck me, its just one figure, nothing special but I do want to build it so will be posting soom. Its Star Wars...not a movie character, but a rebel fictional ( arent they all :lol ) figure.

Again thanks to you all, see you soon with a new thread. Will be a quick build so for one more time

Ciao for now or as we say in Blighty

Toodle Pip

See Ya Soon x

Thanks Guys, the most amazing thing is that the bike is STILL hovering!

Will be interesting to see how long she can float. I might display her at a IPMS show in the UK for modellers, but not sure if they would allow it!

It would be hard to find a category for it except a general Sci-fi one and as its not strictly a kit, although there was obviously scratch building, I can imagine them getting very upset. They do take it very seriuosly and quite right too!

Will investigate further but it does look great on the table anyway.

See his gets me annoyed over here in the UK in the model world.

Just cause it is not a set model kit/garage kit/kit bashed kits they apparently detest them.

You look at the scratch built stuff at 1/18th scale and 1/6th scale.
They should easily be acceptable and this piece Most certainly should be too.

Big Guy...I will let you know what they say.

As for the build, if anyone is going to try one of these I would suggest an alteration.

Looking back, I would take the oppurtunity to balance the centre of gravity over the rod which will be inserted into the trooper. The Speeder bike is very front heavy. Add lead weight or similar to the rear to bring the centre of gravity to the rod. At the moment, because I was worried about adding more weight to the bike, my bike is not centred. However having added the bike, it looks like the troopers leg and locked knee, both being fixed solidly, and the trooper butt, are all sturdy enough to take the extra weight.

As mine stands, there is constant torsional force that the metal adhesive has to fight in the rods. This I think will eventually break down the adhesive and the bike will begin to sag forward. Who knows how long it will take but each movement of the display will vcreate wobble on the bike which will assist the adhesion breakdown. By balancing the bike, the need for the bike to fall forward is taken away.

This then just leaves gravity. I feel confident that the butt joint, knees joint and leg rod joints can take this force and the internal rod across the body of the speeder bike, which is held in place by serious amounts of metal putty will ge good too.

So please go ahead and balance the weight first when dryfitting the bike to the trooper.

Hope this helps and good luck with any Repulsolift builds in future.

See his gets me annoyed over here in the UK in the model world.

Just cause it is not a set model kit/garage kit/kit bashed kits they apparently detest them.

You look at the scratch built stuff at 1/18th scale and 1/6th scale.
They should easily be acceptable and this piece Most certainly should be too.

Big Guy, you may be interested to know that at the 2012 IPMS international show ( in Telford...great show ) a Sci-Fi steampunk model won best in show and suprised everyone. As you say the modelling fraternity scoff at Sci-fi. Maybe not from now on...lets hope.

Here here and Well done to that Winner.

I know all hobbies/interests bring out their power players, rule makers, elitists.

Just to me, no matter the source material, no matter the scale a kit model can be an awesome piece with the right builder, custom figures/dioramas also no matter the scale/source parts can be just as much too.

I truly HOPE you enter this magnificent piece into a contest or two.
Truly is a piece to thrill the viewer. Plenty to look at and ever impressed by.

Back