Hasbro HyperReal Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the dude from Saturn 3. Now we just need a nude Farrah Faucet to pose it with, lol.

Ahh you mean Hector. I love that movie. Glad it came out on blu ray a couple years ago. And a big yes to Farrah Fawcet. She was gorgeous

How in the age of 3-D scanning can they get the helmet that wrong. Why can’t they just grab the original helmet or a good replica and just scan the thing? Or they could just upscale the 3D image of the 40th anniversary helmet. The concept of the figure is interesting with the rubber skin but it is hard to believe the are going to be very careful with accuracy after seeing that awful helmet.

How in the age of 3-D scanning can they get the helmet that wrong. Why can’t they just grab the original helmet or a good replica and just scan the thing? Or they could just upscale the 3D image of the 40th anniversary helmet. The concept of the figure is interesting with the rubber skin but it is hard to believe the are going to be very careful with accuracy after seeing that awful helmet.

First thing I noticed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like the reveal landing with quite a thud. Not unlike those "centerpieces" from a year or two ago.

Vader is one thing, but how are Luke and Rey gonna have rubber skin outside a metal frame at that scale without looking like Stretch Armstrong toys?

That may have been a price glitch, it's showing as $79.99 now. Hopefully they honor the $50 price tag if you snagged it at that price.

Yeah, looks like they changed it back to $80. If Amazon honors their price, I’ll keep my order. If not, I’ll cancel. No big deal.

It will probably get marked down to $50 eventually anyway.

Frankly I think Hasbro needs to give it up. Hot Toys is killing them in the collector’s market for these scales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Honestly, I think it would be worth a shot with an improved helmet. The sculpting and proportions on everything else looks good and the size would be good to allow for a collection of main characters that have some decent detail and don't take up much space. The black series/figuarts/mafex 6 inch lines are a little too small to really have a lot of impact on a shelf. I don't know if hasbro every revises sculpts after they have shown the figure to the public but if they change this, it will be much better received and could be the start of an interesting mid range line.

Charging $80 for a figure in a scale that nobody was asking for isn't going to work IMO.

Charging $80 for a figure in a scale that nobody was asking for isn't going to work IMO.

Right, but as has been stated a bunch already Mezco figures sell for about the same at an even smaller scale.

I'm not sure about this line either, but all this chatter reminds me of peoples skepticism about the original 6" black series line and price hike.

Also, I'm interested to see what the headsculpts look like. That could change peoples minds pretty quick.

So far that Vader doesn't even look as good as the 40th anniversary BS Vader.

The helmet was scanned for the 40th figure. They should’ve used it. At least the overall shape is still correct minus placement, chin vent size, and widows peak, but those could easily be tweaked without screwing u the look...

It’s just another mediocre looking figure if the nuances of that helmet are not captured. Arrrgh

Hate to break it to you, but the 8" format is back in the game..(Mego, Neca, FiguresToycompany and others) and now Hasbro

Most usages of the prefix "hyper" - hyperinflation, hyperactive, hypertension, hypersensitive, hyperventilate - are negative. Hopefully Hasbro can turn that around.:rotfl

Back