Hasbro HyperReal Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
47053480852_ab7993d3c4_b.jpg

47053480832_cb3051bfe5_b.jpg

But this Vader does have a fabric outfit under his armor ... and he comes with numerous change-out hands.
Regardless, I still think $80 is a bit ridiculous.

Yeah, the fabric costume is a lot more obvious in the shots with the packaging. So not as bad and I admit I’m a bit tempted now, especially if the human likenesses are good. If these go on clearance for $40-$50 I might pick up a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like prices are twisted all around and it's hard to compare.

Is this worth $80 compared to a Black Series figure? IMO No.

But is it worth $80 compared to lets say, Mezco's Netflix Daredevil Vigilante version? IMO Yes. More hands, more complex soft goods, larger detailed base, and overall it's a larger figure.

I have yet to buy a Mezco due to price. I don't feel they are worth the $80+ either. But they have complete cloth costumes.

This looks to be an all plastic figure with the only soft goods being the inner cloak an outer cape. Same as the $20 BS 6" Vader, which has a better and more accurate Mask sculpt as well. So 4x the price for merely a 2" increase in scale, some hands, a base, and a fancy box.

lol this is a joke, right? Totally trying to compete with Mezco's lines, it's so obvious. Hard pass!

I doubt these are gonna be much better than the Disney store ones from a couple years ago. Those were like $25.

No one wants an 8" line. 7" would have been ideal for those that want their medicoms, mcfarlanes and necas all on the same shelf. And $80 seems very high. We shall see if the accessories make up the difference

MEGO collectors do or those who collect that format

Black series is a struggle some times, im kind of surprised theyre going this route. I would have thought they would try to get this level of detail and accessories into the 6 inch scale and demand a higher price point, but to go to a weird, unwanted scale and demand that is a very bold move

also just saw DC collectibles announce a 9" line... do these companies know something we dont?

For someone that has the 3 3/4 Vintage Collection Darth Vader, the 6” 40th Anniversary black series Vader and the Hot Toys ANH Vader, why do I need?

Do they know something we dont? Yes, they know Mezco is killing it with their 1:12 line and want to throw their hat in the ring.

So far that Vader doesn't even look as good as the 40th anniversary BS Vader.

No it doesn’t, the helmet seems off to me. I am curious to see how they do humans. Hopefully they look good. But I already collect hot toys, black series, figuarts and other Star Wars figures.

I have no dog in this fight - but what a cop out starting with Vader. There's nothing to prove with that. If they want to even remotely show their capability with an 8" mixed media and competing with "high end", they needed to show truly photorealistic sculpts and paints on human portraits. There's no draw, it's just another Vader.

I have no dog in this fight - but what a cop out starting with Vader. There's nothing to prove with that. If they want to even remotely show their capability with an 8" mixed media and competing with "high end", they needed to show truly photorealistic sculpts and paints on human portraits. There's no draw, it's just another Vader.

Totally agree

Vader is like the face of Star Wars though. And most likely the most popular character and probably best selling figure. It would make sense to start a new line with a character guaranteed to sell. If they started it with some one else and sales weren't promising, the line would be over before it began.

And once collectors start/invest in collecting a new line, they are more likely to forgive lesser quality offerings. Especially those that are "completists".

I'm always down for every and any Vader figure. I just wait it out if it's price point is not to my liking. Especially toys & action figures as opposed to higher end collectibles that are much more limited in nature.

I read 8” also

The measurements from Walmart were for a box about 11” tall so I think 8” scale sounds about right.

Vader is like the face of Star Wars though. And most likely the most popular character and probably best selling figure. It would make sense to start a new line with a character guaranteed to sell. If they started it with some one else and sales weren't promising, the line would be over before it began.
Yeah I agree. I rather have a dead line with a Luke and Vader than a dead line with say Han and Greedo.

Back