Hasbro HyperReal Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a listing for Rey on Brickseek so hopefully she’ll show up tomorrow too.

Yeah, good choice. Rey flies off the shelves. :slap

Vader they have a shot at selling for $80, but Rey!!?

Totally agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vader is like the face of Star Wars though. And most likely the most popular character and probably best selling figure. It would make sense to start a new line with a character guaranteed to sell. If they started it with some one else and sales weren't promising, the line would be over before it began.

And once collectors start/invest in collecting a new line, they are more likely to forgive lesser quality offerings. Especially those that are "completists".

I'm always down for every and any Vader figure. I just wait it out if it's price point is not to my liking. Especially toys & action figures as opposed to higher end collectibles that are much more limited in nature.
I mean, I guess? I dunno. Point being is that they need to win over a new audience or come out swinging to lure other groups on with this. BS collectors aren't going to jump into an $80 line and start over, HT collectors aren't going to back out of what they are doing, and they won't tap the Mezco audience because this Hypereal line doesn't scale with it. You won't convert any of those groups with just another Vader, let alone an $80 one. But you know what would? Showing that for $80 Hasbro can do tight tailoring and bring what Mezco and HT did for their respective fields to this ~1/8 scale and bring it to the brick and mortar market. Vader ain't gonna that. But what would are photorealistic paints on high quality sculpts of human characters with top tier outfits and accessories. You can't demonstrate what you can do or what new tech you're introducing with Vader, let alone with the hand pack and stand they've shown. It's a poor proof of concept to open a line that is to tout collector driven, high quality, HT of brick and mortar-esque drive.

This gamble smells of imitation, not innovation. It's like Hasbro wants to tap the mid tier "high end" market, but from those official shots they seem to be missing it. Now I'm all for a good gamble and trying a new product, and if this line is stupendous, then good for them and I'm happy to say that my theories are all wrong. But I fail to see the broad, big **** swinging allure that this line seems to want to give off that I believe Hasbro wants.

Now if this IS awesome, and these are a hit with all of us, I could see Hasbro seriously digging in and Black Series-ing the line. And the allure to collect it would be very enticing.

For someone that has the 3 3/4 Vintage Collection Darth Vader, the 6” 40th Anniversary black series Vader and the Hot Toys ANH Vader, why do I need?

You don’t because you have a Hot Toys version. However, if you didn’t this might interest you, or if you decided to sell your expensive hot Toys figures, you could replace them with this line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vader is like the face of Star Wars though. And most likely the most popular character and probably best selling figure. It would make sense to start a new line with a character guaranteed to sell. If they started it with some one else and sales weren't promising, the line would be over before it began.

And once collectors start/invest in collecting a new line, they are more likely to forgive lesser quality offerings. Especially those that are "completists".

I'm always down for every and any Vader figure. I just wait it out if it's price point is not to my liking. Especially toys & action figures as opposed to higher end collectibles that are much more limited in nature.

It’s a well known strategy with high end stuff. Figuarts and Mafex started with Vader. Their mistake here IMO is not releasing a companion stormtrooper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Black Series took almost 2 years I think to release a Vader? That was one of my gripes with that line. It was so slow to start, but it took a while for it to catch on.

So this is why so pricey....

vader.jpg

Black Series Hyperreal will have no visible joints and be 8". Best ever deco than any figure they have done before. Vader is the first figure.

These look terrible IMO. Not sure what they were thinking in terms of scale, quality, and price point.

Pics of metal skeleton

Toy-Fair-2019-Hasbro-Star-Wars-013.jpg

Toy-Fair-2019-Hasbro-Star-Wars-012.jpg

Toy-Fair-2019-Hasbro-Star-Wars-014.jpg

Toy-Fair-2019-Hasbro-Star-Wars-017.jpg

Attachments

• Toy-Fair-2019-Hasbro-Star-Wars-012.jpg
    Toy-Fair-2019-Hasbro-Star-Wars-012.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 258
So Luke and Rey rubber skin over the armature?
Hey I'm intrigued- 80 bucks- have you seen what the Bandai tiny SHFiguarts figures sell for? Nearly that!

So Luke and Rey rubber skin over the armature?
Hey I'm intrigued- 80 bucks- have you seen what the Bandai tiny SHFiguarts figures sell for? Nearly that!

That's because they are imports. They are only like $40+ or so over there. They sell for $80 here because they cannot be distributed into the US. So US sellers are ordering them from the same place's overseas as we do, but most likely do get a small bulk discount. And they need to make a profit. Most companies aspire to double their money when reselling.

Also, the Hasbro BS figures sell for like $30 - $40 or more overseas too.

I've never paid more than $46 (not including shipping) for any of my Star Wars 6" S.H. Figuarts figures. And they are well worth it compared to the Hasbro Black Series.

Like I said though, the $80 price point does make sense now. But that doesn't mean people will be willing to spend it. People need to see these in hand to see if they are the quality Hasbro is claiming. But for me to buy and own, I still put my max value/interest at $50.

Back