Hasbro HyperReal Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that these should have per-item prices. There is no way that the Luke should be the same price as Vader given that it is considerably smaller (too small?) and doesn't have any cloth. Heck, even the extra head sculpt was a cheat.

I also agree that the prices should be lower. The Vader should be no more than $60 and the Luke no more than $45.

I agree that these should have per-item prices. There is no way that the Luke should be the same price as Vader given that it is considerably smaller (too small?) and doesn't have any cloth. Heck, even the extra head sculpt was a cheat.

I also agree that the prices should be lower. The Vader should be no more than $60 and the Luke no more than $45.

What's the cheat with the other headsculpt?

I don't fault Hasbro for trying something different, but I wish they would read the room a bit. There's just so few collectibles in this scale and soft goods at 1/12 scale are all the rage now. An all rubber suit was an idea, but just doesn't work in the long run for most characters IMO. I'm glad they finally got to producing Luke so you'd at least have a pair, but this line never seemed like it would last for that long anyway.

I remember when The Black Series first launched, it felt like to me (or as it turned out, a giant hope) of being the Transformers Masterpiece line for Star Wars. I did love all those figures at first, but then laziness came in after a while and the line went downhill. I'm more appreciative of it now again with the new sculpts and paint techniques. I was hoping we'd get something like that with this line, but yeah a lot of work to be done if they want any sort of other line to compliment 3 3/4" and BS.

What's the cheat with the other headsculpt?

I don't fault Hasbro for trying something different, but I wish they would read the room a bit. There's just so few collectibles in this scale and soft goods at 1/12 scale are all the rage now. An all rubber suit was an idea, but just doesn't work in the long run for most characters IMO. I'm glad they finally got to producing Luke so you'd at least have a pair, but this line never seemed like it would last for that long anyway.

I remember when The Black Series first launched, it felt like to me (or as it turned out, a giant hope) of being the Transformers Masterpiece line for Star Wars. I did love all those figures at first, but then laziness came in after a while and the line went downhill. I'm more appreciative of it now again with the new sculpts and paint techniques. I was hoping we'd get something like that with this line, but yeah a lot of work to be done if they want any sort of other line to compliment 3 3/4" and BS.

Both headsculpts only differ in the hair and that is a separate piece. They could have gotten creative and done two headsculpts that each had a different removable hair. That would have provided 4 display options which would have been a neat thing for this line.

I'm not sure that Hasbro can get soft goods right at any scale. Everything seems to turn out way oversized. It's like there are different groups doing the base figures and the soft goods and they are using completely different measurement systems. Mezco has shown that you can indeed do soft goods well for 1/12.

It's odd to me why they thought all-rubber bodies were a good idea. It's common knowledge the rubber breaks down faster than pretty much any other material. Expect to see discolored, cracked, and deteriorating examples of these on ebay in about 15 years.

Yikes. When I said "15 years", I guess I should have said "15 minutes"!!

Once this news gets around the collecting community, the interest in this line will plummet even lower than it already is. Guess 'Hyper-Real' will be yet another of Hasbro's hyper-failures.

https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/...alker-bespin-is-tearing-right-out-of-its-box/

That was fast. Even if it's 'just a bad batch' or was handled too roughly, I don't see why they went this route, both in terms of materials choice and pouring resources into a new line when they could have improved existing lines.

I guess it may be based on their marketing/profit metrics or something. :dunno

Once this news gets around the collecting community, the interest in this line will plummet even lower than it already is. Guess 'Hyper-Real' will be yet another of Hasbro's hyper-failures.

https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/...alker-bespin-is-tearing-right-out-of-its-box/

Wow! That totally sucks!

I still think the figures turned out pretty well. Too bad they're so fragile! It's ridiculous!

I really do not understand why they didn't follow in the footsteps of Mezco and make 1/12 premium Star Wars figures instead. Like a premium black series.

Vader is in a museum pose on my shelf and he does look awesome despite being fragile. As for Luke, I will not be buying that one unless its on a huge discount.

I really do not understand why they didn't follow in the footsteps of Mezco and make 1/12 premium Star Wars figures instead. Like a premium black series.

[...]

If I'm remembering right, Black Series 6-Inch was meant to be aimed at adult collectors from the start -- it kinda *was* their premium line. This was pre-SHF. I remember the excitement of the first wave, the scandal of R2's drop-off in production...

Mezco's hit or miss anyway, but I definitely wouldn't trust Hasbro to pull off soft goods of any kind.

What's tragic is what Ashley Wood/3A's Star Wars *might* have been. The stormtrooper and Boba Fett proof-of-concept they showed weren't perfect but ... wow.

https://radtoyreview.com/2012/07/10/review-3as-sdcc-2011-action-portable-boba-fett-prototype/

Last edited:
Oh wow that's depressing. I wish Hasbro's grip would loosen on the Star Wars license; between that and SH Figuarts' weird distribution, something needs to change.

Oh wow that's depressing. I wish Hasbro's grip would loosen on the Star Wars license; between that and SH Figuarts' weird distribution, something needs to change.

After Toy Fair this year Hasbro announced they reupped their deal. Doesn't seem like anything changed. I hoped they would've at least changed to the Marvel deal where they have other lines at $80+.

This is what I truly value from these boards, the inside info to help others. I discovered this line today and just as fast have decided to avoid it. Hope everyone who bought one keeps them in good condition for as long as they can. I've been wanting a decent Vader figure that won't disintegrate over time, think I'll stick with a statue.

After Toy Fair this year Hasbro announced they reupped their deal.

jR.gif

Wow those tears on the joints are scary but not exactly unexpected. Was hoping to get a good deal on Luke and Vader but not as interested now (even if the chances of getting a deal just skyrocketed:lol.)

I remember the LOTR troll I bought back in the day (maybe 2002/03) had that cool stretchy rubber-silicone mouth that literally tore apart only about two weeks after I bought it. So you'd hope that materials would have improved by now but maybe not.

Back