Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOLY CRAP! Hasbro's Q&A came back today with these nuggets.

The new AT-AT is for real and 99.99 with an on shelf date of 8-1!
We are officially getting a new Jabba with dais from ROTJ due late fall!
VINTAGE IS BACK BABY! Same card size, coffin blister, more at Toy Fair.

There's more, I'm following Rebelscum's coverage but they are also saying we are getting a Dak figure, a new Cloud Car Pilot, R2 with pop up lightsaber and more! Today is a good day to like the 3 3/4 inch stuff.

Actually, I've found Hasbro to be the best part of Toy Fair the past few years, especially since Sideshow stopped actually going there and started to just offer products online at the same time.

By vintage I hope they don't mean VOTC @ $12.99 each.

Nope. Same cards but a 7.99 price tag. No plastic shells, essentially it will be like going into stores and seeing the same cards from '78 to '83/84 (non POTF) but with figures from all six films and done to today's aesthetics.

Is it going to be a simultaneous line with other stuff, like how they have the Clone Wars and then the film series of figures both out at once?

Is it going to be a simultaneous line with other stuff, like how they have the Clone Wars and then the film series of figures both out at once?

Yep, the Vintage line is going to replace the Legacy/BAD series. The final wave of Legacy, Expanded Universe wave will be exclusive to TRU.

Nope. Same cards but a 7.99 price tag. No plastic shells, essentially it will be like going into stores and seeing the same cards from '78 to '83/84 (non POTF) but with figures from all six films and done to today's aesthetics.

So they will have the same photo card art as the original Kenner line then?

Apparently AOTC characters on Vintage Kenner cardbacks are confirmed as well.I am still waiting for the new mold/tooled big wing Tie Fighter to come down in price as i need to replace my white Legacy standard Tie and OTC blue version.

I would also love to see Hasbro do a similar vintage line for the Droids Animated series with all new sculpts and articulation on classic card
backs and with the coins they came with, and vehicles as well.

droids_thall_joben.jpg

DroidsR2.JPG

I want the White Witch released with added weathering, apparently it was in development but never released..though i swear i remember a kid i knew had one when i was younger...anyway, i would love to see this line.
6919607.bmp

comp-droids-whitewitch.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently AOTC characters on Vintage Kenner cardbacks are confirmed as well.I am still waiting for the new mold/tooled big wing Tie Fighter to come down in price as i need to replace my white Legacy standard Tie and OTC blue version.

I would also love to see Hasbro do a similar vintage line for the Droids Animated series with all new sculpts and articulation on classic card
backs and with the coins they came with.

There's gonna be a wave from every movie for 2010/2011.

I kind of wish Hasbro would go back to plastic/rubber costume bits for their figures.

These 2 are my favorite Kenobi's, I would love an AOTC and ROTS Kenobi, full robed, like this, I'm not a fan of the real cloth Jedi robes.

EP1obiwannaboofront.jpg

otc0403spiritobiwanfront.jpg

I agree, Agen Kolar was executed in this way the best IMO and was one of my favs of the ROTS line next to Dooku(best Chris Lee sculpt hasbro has done).The removeable saber blades were a nice touch for the ROTS line as well, though some of them came glued in and broke off easily.

rots0520agenkolarduel.jpg

rots0520agenkolarparts.jpg

I prefer the robe sleeve to be sculpted as part of the arm, I found with Agen, the seam showed kinda obviously at the shoulders, but when the arm is sculpted with the robe sleeve, it hides under the shoulders of the loose torso part and you don't notice it as much.

HOLY CRAP! Hasbro's Q&A came back today with these nuggets.

VINTAGE IS BACK BABY! Same card size, coffin blister, more at Toy Fair.

There's more, I'm following Rebelscum's coverage but they are also saying we are getting a Dak figure, a new Cloud Car Pilot, R2 with pop up lightsaber and more! Today is a good day to like the 3 3/4 inch stuff.

https://jedinews.co.uk/

**** Nevermind, you already saw the images of the first four vintage figures******

From what I have heard there will be six vintage figures per wave and as you said, one wave per film. Hasbro has confirmed that another from the ESB wave will be a Han Solo figure that most are saying will be an open coat Hoth/Bespin hybrid from the deck office scene. At least that's what I hear from Rebelscum.

Last edited:
I would like to start a "I hate swivel elbows on 3-3/4" figures" thread...........

Why?,Hasbro has done away with swivel joints on pretty much all their newest figures.

I was really surprised when they used swivel elbows on the VOTC Vader, that figure could have been so much better if they used a better elbow, it's still one of their best Vader figures though, that and the Evolutions figure are my favorites overall, though the first ROTJ reveal Vader is still my favorite reveal portrait.

The best part about VOTC Vader is the ball jointed neck,no other Vader since had it, and VOTC ANH Han has to be in my top ten fav modern Star Wars figures.

Yup, VOTC ANH Han and ROTJ Chewbacca are high up on all time favorite figures. ANH Leia, while nothing amazing, was also the best ANH Leia they ever made.

Back