Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure better figures will come out. I figure it might be interesting to have a figure evolution type of display.

In general, I'm anti-soft goods on these figures. Most of the time, it doesn't work well, or there's the times where there's a combination of sculpted plastic and cloth and it's odd to be a bit of both and not fully one or the other.

The Obi-Wans with soft goods have been dissappointing to me, the last good one was the spirit in the OTC Dagobah wave.

In general, I'm anti-soft goods on these figures. Most of the time, it doesn't work well, or there's the times where there's a combination of sculpted plastic and cloth and it's odd to be a bit of both and not fully one or the other.

The Obi-Wans with soft goods have been dissappointing to me, the last good one was the spirit in the OTC Dagobah wave.

You know, I used to be VERY pro soft goods, but recently I did a custom ANH Leia and ANH Luke with no soft goods and they LOOK great but just cant pose so I'd actually not mind if they did two releases (at some point, not immediately) one with the soft goods and a later release with sculpted elements.

Thing I find is, at such a small scale, cloth just wants to puff and flail and just can't be controlled, like the Jedi robes always look like someone's blowing air from beneath them.

Yea, I agree but for the articulation they are a necessary evil at times. I'll have to post shots of my Luke and Leia at some point to show what I've done. Only problem is that Luke is as tall as Han now :lol but damn if he doesn't look good.

I actually prefer appearance over articulation, so long as the sculpt is good. The He-Man figures of POTF2 were unarticulated and rediculous poses :lol

I like an equal balance when possible. These are still toys after all. And yes, I have been known to actually play with them :lol

I actually prefer appearance over articulation, so long as the sculpt is good. The He-Man figures of POTF2 were unarticulated and rediculous poses :lol

You mean you don't like the bent leg look? :lol

1214537985-31709-0.jpg

The paint was great compared to the vintage, but seriously, who thought this in any way looked like Chewbacca :lol

POTF2chewbaccafront.jpg

Hey, when i was 10 that was the BOMB!

It was for me too, all the first ones were great because of being more realistic than the vintage stuff, but as soon as Hasbro started with the better figures, I couldn't wait to see updates to all of them :lol I remember the Luke with blast shield helmet and being so excited because it looked more true to Hammil. Vader with removable helmet was the first fairly normal proportioned Vader figure.

I'd like to see them do a new Tarkin on the ROTS Tarkin body with a Peter Cushing head.

No - that ROTS body is garbage. And inaccurate. I've got a nice collection going on though of vintage updates from both Hasbro and customs. This is why Im so pumped for Toy Fair, rumor is Hasbro plans to update a GOOD chunk of the original vintage characters. What I wouldn't give for a vintage Yakface update and then later get a screen accurate one.

Eh there's rumors of a new Tarkin from ANH soon anyway haha and Waller, I really doubt we will see any leaks from the show before tomorrow as Hasbro's stuff is appointment only.

i still really like the potf2/potj plo koon. i'd like to get an updated phantom menace version with an accurate robe.

Back