Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, VOTC ANH Han and ROTJ Chewbacca are high up on all time favorite figures. ANH Leia, while nothing amazing, was also the best ANH Leia they ever made.

Replace the VOTC Leia's body with Medical Frigate Leia and you then have the perfect figure :lol

Just wanted to let all my fellow Freaks know that Target has started to clearance the White Version Big Wing Tie Fighters. Right now it's only at 15% off which brings the price down to something like $27, but anyone who knows about Targets clearance policy knows that it will be at 50% to 75% within a few weeks (for those who have the patience to wait).

As for inventory, that varies from store to store, but I know my Target has their clearance shelves packed with about 20 to 30 of these bad boys. If we keep an eye out, and look out for each other, maybe all of us will be able to get one, atleast who ever wants one that is...

New AT-AT is looking pretty cool...

atatp4.jpg

Yeah, but CV is so far away, I want to see Jabba now. I sure hope TF, SDCC or CV will shed more on the likelihood of getting the Vader funeral diorama, if they don't actually make that I'm going to hate Hasbro :lol

Ebay link wasn't coming up earlier so he's the image hosted by Rebelscum.

STteek.jpg

I'd buy a few Ewoks: Battle for Endor figures. Not likely, but i'd be up for a new Hasbro Wicket, the old one has a goofy thing going on with his leg pose and he's not as pudgy as he could look, the vintage Wicket is better than the Hasbro.

Awesome. This just doesn't hold up anymore.

potf2ewokswicketfr.jpg

And, from Rebelscum Toy Fair coverage, Vintage back preview.

Vintage.jpg

I like the way the Clone Wars log is worked in.

I dunno if that's legit or Curto just being naughty. Either way, by Monday the gates will be unleashed and I can't freakin wait. Oh, I got the new Juno Eclipse today.. and it's pretty sucky.

I think you're right, the Rex photo looks too choppy graphically to be legit with the rest of the card looking so crisp, and they did post some other mockups in the article, still cool looking though.

While it does strip away creativity from the guys hired to make the artwork, or even cuts them out of the loop, I think the vintage cardbacks were more interesting visually than most modern cardback styles, I did like the POTF2 with photos on the front side and the bios on the back, they had a modernized vintage style to them. After that, they got kind of so-so looking.

I would guess that the backs will be similar to the VOTC ones.

votc04chewbaccaclambk.jpg

But more typical film pictures in the character description area since many figures will have no original to show off.

I really need to get those VOTC ones. I haven't bought a Star Wars 3.75 figure in years outside of the R2 one I bought my daughter.

I wouldn't get all the VOTC/VTAC etc figures because some have or will be topped very soon. The 3PO is worthless, Bespin Luke, Hoth Han, and a few others have all been bested. Plus the softgoods vest on Greedo is horrid. I may actually do a mini review later of the entire "vintage" series.

Back