Hasbro 1/6 Scale ARK OF THE COVENANT Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some comparison shots I took of the Medicom relics vs the Hasbro ones. Should kind of give you guys an idea of the size (Medicom left, Hasbro right):

I'm actually surprised to see that, save the medallion, there isn't that much of a difference. But considering Medicom is always slightly off scale and $$$$, I don't think Hasbro's is that bad of an alternative.

dsc00750mb5.jpg

Why isn't this pic in the picture thread? Why aren't there more pics of your Indy?

Just an FYI, ToysRUs has the 12" Indy figures on sale for $10 this week. Might be a good time to pick up the last few you might need for the Ark.

Still not here by the way. Indy is having a hard time trying to figure out why the Ark isnt where it is supposed to be.

That would be me! I got Mutt, and I'm getting two stickers in the mail soon. So, I only need to buy one more 12" figure to have all four stickers I need to mail off for the ark! I'm glad that Hasbro extended the cut off date until January 2009. I think January 29. I know it'll take 10 to 12 weeks to reach me, but at least I'll know I'll eventually get it.

I got the cheap Nazi 12" Hasbro figure on sale today at Toys 'R Us for $9.99. Really yesterday, Monday, not that it's Tuesday where I live. So, now I just need the two stickers my friend is sending me in the mail. I hope to get those in tomorrow and mail off my redemption card for the Ark!

Last edited:
Why isn't this pic in the picture thread? Why aren't there more pics of your Indy?

:lol I only took it to show the Grail was too small, only to end up proving its the right size. I haven't taken any other pics of Indy yet. Maybe I'll get to it tonight.

Don't hurt me! :eek:

Yep. I'm the one guy who prefers this cheapo plastic one to the (admittedly lovely) SS polystone one. :eek:

I figure screen-accuracy has already been shot to hell what with the Stormflap Fiasco of '08, so I might as well save some $$ and stick with this shiny, vac-metallized beauty...

arc_1.jpg

Besides, I had to buy some crap figures to get this thing. She ain't going anywhere. :D

I'll be mailing in my redemption certificate for this Ark this weekend. I'm glad that Hasbro decided to extend the offer for it. Yeah, the 12" Hasbro figures do suck. But that's the only way we could get this great looking Ark was by buying four of those crappy figures. So it really takes 10 - 12 weeks to get to you? How long did it take for those of you that have it already? The Boot? How long was it for yours to arrive?

So it really takes 10 - 12 weeks to get to you? How long did it take for those of you that have it already? The Boot? How long was it for yours to arrive?

I sent my certificates off on May 19th and the Ark arrived July 21st. So, for me, it was 9 weeks from when I actually dropped it in the mail. It's possible that the process may have been sped up a bit since then, but I kinda doubt it.

Honestly, as impressive as the Toht Exclusive is, I really do think I prefer the visual impact you get from the reflective surface of the Hasbro Ark...

indy_ark.jpg

Apologies for the crap flash photo (not to mention the overall set-up...Indy just arrived today and I don't think he's held the same pose for more than an hour or so...) but I really do think it's a nice looking piece. I'll have no problem picking up my Toht from another retailer.

The Sideshow one looks like it could be pretty shiny as well. Maybe use the Hasbro one for the "just found" scene and the SSC one for the "after the destruction" when its a little dirty.

The Hasbro one is very impressive. It's got a great orange/gold gleam to it just like the movie one. Not sure the SS one has it beat, would have to see the final product, but both and either look terrific.

I never did get the Hasbro ark, so I'm glad SS included it with Toht so I can have a Hasbro version.

I did get one of those custom arks from the ebay guy but I never did build it or paint it.

The Hasbro one is very impressive. It's got a great orange/gold gleam to it just like the movie one. Not sure the SS one has it beat, would have to see the final product, but both and either look terrific.

I never did get the Hasbro ark, so I'm glad SS included it with Toht so I can have a Hasbro version.

I did get one of those custom arks from the ebay guy but I never did build it or paint it.

Hey bud, congrats on getting the melted face with Toht. As for the Ark, I think Sideshow will have Hasbro beat in quality of production. But I'm really surprised how much better Hasbro's gold effect looks comparing it to the prototype shots of the Toht Ex.

Hey bud, congrats on getting the melted face with Toht. As for the Ark, I think Sideshow will have Hasbro beat in quality of production. But I'm really surprised how much better Hasbro's gold effect looks comparing it to the prototype shots of the Toht Ex.

Thanks!

And yes, the Hasbro has a great "glow" about it.

Just remember, if you didn't want ANY of Hasbro's 12" figures, Sideshow's Ark ends up being cheaper. $20 X 4 for Hasbro figures + $10 shipping = $90! Sideshow's is only $70 plus $100 for Thot.

But then again, if you don't want Thot (you're crazy) then Hasbro's is cheaper overall.

Either way, I'm getting both. Hasbro's is just a place holder right now.

Just remember, if you didn't want ANY of Hasbro's 12" figures, Sideshow's Ark ends up being cheaper. $20 X 4 for Hasbro figures + $10 shipping = $90! Sideshow's is only $70 plus $100 for Thot.

But then again, if you don't want Thot (you're crazy) then Hasbro's is cheaper overall.

Either way, I'm getting both. Hasbro's is just a place holder right now.

I aggree with buttmunch

Regardless of which ark is better people who get two could display the lesser ark in a customized broken crate next to a KOTCS Indy battling some Russians in Hangar 51. :)

Back