Sideshow's 1:6 scale Obi-Wan "Old Ben" Kenobi image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedibear

Figuring it out
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hot Toys has recently released their version of Obi-Wan Kenobi from ANH....and as always, it's generating a spirited discussion on the figure's "accuracy" and appearance along with the usual battle lines being drawn as to which is the "better" figure.

I'm still a big fan of the Sideshow release...

While the new Hot Toys figure of Old Ben is on my list to pick up at some point, it made me want to take a fond look back at Sideshow's 1:6 scale version of the "crazy old wizard", so it was off to the desert for a new gallery of limelight shots.

The result for me is...I still admire and enjoy this version...it still looks great and is a fine representation of the character that was as fun to snap shots of just recently as it was all those years ago upon it's original release. The materials still display well and the portrait is still one of the best Sideshow has produced for the license.

In my view, one version isn't necessarily "better" than the other...I'm sure I'll enjoy HT's unique approach as well once I get it and then it will be back out to the desert for another gallery of shots....

For now, here's a fresh look at an old favorite....enjoy! And if you've still got this figure, snap some shots and post 'em!

Just fyi, there is a thread for Old Ben but what the hell.

There were posted on FB by Dark Star customs. I hope he/she doesn't mind my posting.

Beautiful paints.

55c038ad-0dfc-4915-a9fd-6f80c0331820.jpg

Back