Hasbro 1/6 Scale ARK OF THE COVENANT Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good. I didn't do the return receipt. Now I wish I did. I do have my money order receipt, and the receipt for buying the money order at my local Rite-Aid drugstore. It's cool that Hasbro is willing to honor orders if something happens and the Ark gets "lost in the mail".

Does anybody think this will increase or decrease in value once Sideshow ships their Thot? I don't have a credit card, and can never get exclusives, but since the Ark is a must have, I caved-in and ordered the Hasbro one (which I think looks more movie accurate, polystone, or not.)

See, that's the thing.

I'd be inclined to think that the Hasbro Ark will more or less maintain it's current value for awhile. It's probably not as "solid" from a materials standpoint as the Sideshow Ark, but damned if it's not a lot more visually appealing.

To everyone out there, considering the fact that you can score one for $42 (with Shropt's helpful Amazon links...remember, all of the 12" Ark stickers are the same) as opposed to the $60 they typically sell for on eBay (not to mention the $70 Sideshow version), I think the Hasbro Ark is a solid investment.

I wasn't sure about it until I got it. It looks great. I don't care if it "holds" its value. Right now its better than Sideshows.

I think most people are forgetting the fact that it's a freebie incentive from Hasbro to get one to buy 4 figures, or reward someone who's already done so. And for that, if you're the latter, it's priceless and I couldn't think of a better "thank you." :lol

I think I spent $30 for the stickers on eBay about 6 months ago. Anyway, after sending them in early Sept. I finally got them in the mail over a week ago. A couple of years ago, I actually bought a painted resin ark from a customizer for around $200, which is/was worth more just for the craftsmanship alone though I confess I felt bad when I learned a production version would become available, ultimately for $30. However, I find the Hasbro version too manufactured because of its smooth plating since the original one looks like it's goldleafed, like the real thing. I do have the exclusive Toht on order, so I don't know what the verdict will be as to which ark is superior.

I think I spent $30 for the stickers on eBay about 6 months ago. Anyway, after sending them in early Sept. I finally got them in the mail over a week ago. A couple of years ago, I actually bought a painted resin ark from a customizer for around $200, which is/was worth more just for the craftsmanship alone though I confess I felt bad when I learned a production version would become available, ultimately for $30. However, I find the Hasbro version too manufactured because of its smooth plating since the original one looks like it's goldleafed, like the real thing. I do have the exclusive Toht on order, so I don't know what the verdict will be as to which ark is superior.

You've actually seen the real one?! :rotfl

You've actually seen the real one?! :rotfl

...actually, yes, while looking for a bathroom under the Temple Mount...

But according to Exodus 25:10 "Have them make a chest of acacia wood—two and a half cubits long, a cubit and a half wide, and a cubit and a half high. [a] 11 Overlay it with pure gold, both inside and out, and make a gold molding around it."

...actually, yes, while looking for a bathroom under the Temple Mount...

But according to Exodus 25:10 "Have them make a chest of acacia wood—two and a half cubits long, a cubit and a half wide, and a cubit and a half high. [a] 11 Overlay it with pure gold, both inside and out, and make a gold molding around it."

Looks like Sideshow overlayed theirs with Fool's Gold. :lol

See, that's the thing.

I'd be inclined to think that the Hasbro Ark will more or less maintain it's current value for awhile. It's probably not as "solid" from a materials standpoint as the Sideshow Ark, but damned if it's not a lot more visually appealing.

To everyone out there, considering the fact that you can score one for $42 (with Shropt's helpful Amazon links...remember, all of the 12" Ark stickers are the same) as opposed to the $60 they typically sell for on eBay (not to mention the $70 Sideshow version), I think the Hasbro Ark is a solid investment.

It's probably more solid - it is, after all, intended as a children's toy, and therefore has to meet all kinds of safety standards.

It's probably more solid - it is, after all, intended as a children's toy, and therefore has to meet all kinds of safety standards.

Very true. Perhaps I should have said "heavier"; That's really what I was referring to anyway. The actual weight of the piece and the perceived superiority some collectors associate with it.

I decided I couldn't wait two to three months for Indy to have his Ark come directly from Hasbro and bought one on eBay instead. It looks quite good! Hasbro's Ark has its share of inaccuracies as does Sideshow, but for now it's looking like the one to keep for me. I already have Sideshow's on order (along with Toht), though, and used my reward points to get a good deal on it, so I'll wait and see if SC improves theirs. If so, it may be a tough call on which to keep.

One thing I don't like about Hasbro's Ark is the plastic used on the cherubim. At least I think it's a problem regarding the plastic rather than paint. It seems different than the rest of the Ark and its paint, as a result, isn't quite as vibrant.

great, i finally found my ark slip with the four stickers last night. Crummy thing is, it was in a spot I had checked before and didn't see it there.

Back