Hasbro 1:1 Accessories/Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any ideas on where you could find that grill/mesh that they used in the back and sides of their display? I've been looking for that exact thing for my own display.

I guess the shield in this movie actually doesn't have the bevels inside the star.

145c643c10a1f85e288124b7150ce2ee.jpg

6f8fba68a801b354a7f3cfe8c419a95a.jpg

9a1ce2db5b1bf533c3b6d2c480abd9d8.jpg

I'd love if we eventually got an Ant-Man helmet or Hawkeye's bow.

Ign did an article on these. Cap shield will be metal and iron man helmet will have removable face plate, led lights and a few different sounds. All will apparently be movie accurate. They quoted the iron man helmet at $100 retail so I'm going to be buying everything haha

Do you have a link to the article? Couldn't find anything saying the cap shield was metal. Just a lot of mentions of "metallic paint". If it's metal it's a for sure buy. If not I might wait to see how this one shakes out.

I remember reading the IGN article when this was first announced and thinking that must be an error. Pretty sure it'll be a metallic paint on ABS plastic or comparable material. All the other descriptions also say it's a metallic paint. No way they'd sell a fully painted metal shield for $100.

Anyone have any ideas on where you could find that grill/mesh that they used in the back and sides of their display? I've been looking for that exact thing for my own display.

If you find out, let me know, too, please!

I can't seem to find the ign article anymore but Amazon lists the shipping weight for the shield around 15 pounds. Not sure if that helps determine anything haha I really do hope it's metal though. If not, the price point is still good enough to make me consider it

If it's metal and decent looking, I'll probably keep it. Already have four shields in my collection, so one more won't hurt.

I can't seem to find the ign article anymore but Amazon lists the shipping weight for the shield around 15 pounds. Not sure if that helps determine anything haha I really do hope it's metal though. If not, the price point is still good enough to make me consider it

Probably just a rough estimate by Amazon right now, we're half a year away from release and I doubt Hasbro already has the packaging specs for retailers. I've also seen some instances where the shipping dimensions/weight on Amazon look way off for that product.

Also aluminum is a fairly light metal, I think my aluminum shield probably weights around 10 lbs or so, so weight alone probably isn't the best indicator. Resin and fiberglass can end up being heavier than aluminum depending on how it's used. I still suspect Hasbro will make the shield out of plastic instead of resin, much easier to manufacture and keeps the weight down.

Probably just a rough estimate by Amazon right now, we're half a year away from release and I doubt Hasbro already has the packaging specs for retailers. I've also seen some instances where the shipping dimensions/weight on Amazon look way off for that product.

Also aluminum is a fairly light metal, I think my aluminum shield probably weights around 10 lbs or so, so weight alone probably isn't the best indicator. Resin and fiberglass can end up being heavier than aluminum depending on how it's used. I still suspect Hasbro will make the shield out of plastic instead of resin, much easier to manufacture and keeps the weight down.

I agree with all of this. I think it would be a nice bonus for it to be metal (and I think people really over estimate how much that would cost), but as long as it looks good I wouldn't really mind if it was plastic. I doubt the majority of us are going to be running around with the shield in hand, so I'm not sure how important the weight and feel will be.

Can't wait for more details. So far the Iron Man helmet looks good, especially at this current price point. I've seen much more expensive ones that don't look good at all.

I would think Mjolnir, Infinity Gauntlet and Magneto helmet would be the final three.

Back