Has anyone ever tried to raise a Detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at the shelf specs you'll see they're the same. Also the same for single units. So when you have multiple units and much of the load is being distributed to the vertical walls, the carrying capacity is increased dramatically. You'd not be able to stack Bestas on top of each other if that weren't the case - let alone putting anything inside them.

Bestas are very very strong.

Too bad they're not shorter, or they could go vertically under a Detolf. They're also stronger vertically than they are horizontally, but with the weight distributed you should be fine.

Put together these 3 cube organizers tonight from Walmart to raise my detolfs. IMO these are a pretty decent and sturdy alternative to the Expedits. Probably could fit 5 detolfs across the two units. Not as nice as some of the custom stuff on this thread, but I think it does the job. Plus these were also super easy to find in store and we don't have an Ikea in Vegas. Raising the detolfs definitely make a difference.

16452944681_8a68b29513_b.jpg

16454690015_faa8efddb2_b.jpg

Here again is the link to the cubes at Walmart for anyone interested: Better Homes and Gardens 3-Cube Organizer, Multiple Colors - Walmart.com

Last edited:
Picked up two of those tonight based on your pics. Looks like they will work well for my room

I was hoping to get something that would fit 4 Detolfs perfectly, or 2 and 2, or 1 and 1 (x4) that way it looks like it really belongs underneath. The walmart cubes look great, but the extra spacing on the side doesn't help me, because my wall can only fit 4 perfectly with no room for anything else.

I checked the walmart site though and they had these...

k2-_08c9e242-7d1f-4581-bb32-73c56d4ae8bd.v3.jpg

but the dimensions don't seem like they will work, there will be overhang. 13.07"L x 15.12"W x 12.95"H
SINGLE WALMART CUBES

also found these which come in many variations of drawers, such as no drawers (empty cube) single large cabinet, double drawers, single drawer etc which would be awesome for storing parts trays or other figures etc. but it seems the dimensions for these wont be any good
$_12.JPG

MODULAR CUBES

The search for me.. continues

Attachments

• k2-_08c9e242-7d1f-4581-bb32-73c56d4ae8bd.v3.jpg
    k2-_08c9e242-7d1f-4581-bb32-73c56d4ae8bd.v3.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 797
I recently picked up some Bestas to raise my detolfs. The double besta roughly fits 3 detolfs (with minor overhang on each side), and I plan to add extensions to the single (left) Besta to fit a second detolf soon. :)

Great display mate, looks nice. Those red lines on the left make the detolf look curved and hanging against the wall. :lol

ps Although I love the OT goodness in that same unit! :yess:

they don't sell black/brown bestas anymore..... you are getting some of the last ones. They are releasing a new unit, for now production has stopped on these, I spoke to ikea rep since the 3 nearest ikeas to me don't have them in store and you can't order them online anymore.

I'm sure black/brown will be available again. It's one of their most ubiquitous colors and available in so many of their lines.

Great display mate, looks nice. Those red lines on the left make the detolf look curved and hanging against the wall. :lol

ps Although I love the OT goodness in that same unit! :yess:

Thanks, Egel! :duff Going to add Han and Chewie and call it quits for the OT. :)

Marf, what's the secret to the glowing lightsabers? looks awesome

Thanks, those are cathode sabers. Pixelpiper here can actually help you out with those. :rock

Wondering what lighting people prefer for their detolfs ... the circular light or track lighting? Ikea?

bahaha. I like your style. and your sabers. Commander, there is a PM fast approaching.

There's no secret. You buy some sabers from me, you put them on your figures. Simple and effective. Prevents hip dysplasia too. Ok, maybe not that last part.

Wondering what lighting people prefer for their detolfs ... the circular light or track lighting? Ikea?

the ikea round ones for me. especially the newer ones are super slim. I just prefer them, it feels less of a "show off" or "show room" style.. that the track lighting provides. The round ones are more just like a spot light as if the figures had stepped under a light, more natural feeling. So obviously this is a personal preference, whether you would prefer a "show room" feeling to your shelves or a "spot light" more low ambient feeling. Can't really go wrong with either, it comes down to preference!

the ikea round ones for me. especially the newer ones are super slim. I just prefer them, it feels less of a "show off" or "show room" style.. that the track lighting provides. The round ones are more just like a spot light as if the figures had stepped under a light, more natural feeling. So obviously this is a personal preference, whether you would prefer a "show room" feeling to your shelves or a "spot light" more low ambient feeling. Can't really go wrong with either, it comes down to preference!

Nice! thanks!

Back