Has anyone ever tried to raise a Detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased 2 Kallax pieces to bolt side-to-side for 5 Detolfs to go across to cover most of an 84 inch long wall. Then, I bought a Linnmon table top to cut down and add additional support underneath and it's the same black/brown color for the pressed wood.

I am hoping this will be enough...and of course, I will be adding the wall support anchors to the Detolfs.

These cabinets will be for 1/6 figures only.

Make sure and post photos when you have the cabinets up, even if they're empty - sounds like a nice setup.

Be very careful cutting any of the honeycomb core products as you should reinforce the cut edges when you're done (with a block of wood, particle board or MDF for example).

Any other ideas for raising detolfs on shelving units that can withstand the weights?

You posted, and then you again posted 3 minutes later… Try reading the whole thread, there are more ideas and examples in here than you will ever need.

like-a-boss.jpg

Sorry to top an old post up but I was looking for those small acrylic risers in my area and I found these that may work well for raising Detolfs:

Glass Display Cases

Towards the middle of the page look for Melamine Wood Base 16" Square (they have smaller and longer versions as well, longer ones may be good for 2 or 3)

gbs.jpg

How long have you had the detolfs on the besta? If it's working good, i wouldn't mind spending 100 odd dollars on these Bestas.

How would you calculate it then?

Are all the Detolfs standing one on top of the other? Are they all standing on top of one Besta unit? No to both. Is the static weight on top of the middle of a Besta or supported by its sides?

You can easily put 1000lbs on a few Besta units.

Have you seen IKEA stack Bestas? Or do they lay them all flat 1-high on the floor?

I am currently using the exact same one for my TV but the weight does not even come close to 80kg. Now 4 Detolfs on it, that I may have to give it a try this weekend. ;)

Back